Flash Seats

6,187 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
also is the $5 transfer fee part of every transaction? If so who pays it?
annie88
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I really liked Flash. It was very easy to use and fees were not bad. Hope the new system is as good.

Me too.
threeanout
AG
As mentioned, I have sold tickets on both Flashseats and Stubhub. Besides the no seller fee on Flashseats, they have other options that benefit the seller.
1) You can view every current bid
2) You can choose to be notified when your bid reaches a certain level
3) You can choose to sell your tickets below the ask price by entering a certain amount
4) You can customize the length of time you want your tickets listed

Stubhub does offer a high/low range on seat pricing which is helpful, but Flashseats to me is much more seller friendly. Maybe these other options are available on Stubhub and I simply don't know the procedure(s) on how to customize my tickets I am selling.

I just had some Friday Astro tickets I was trying to sell on Stubhub, and I went to delist them as a family member wanted them. It took forever, including waiting 30 minutes on the phone with Stubhub to have the tickets put back in my account.
Aggie09Derek
AG
How about if I you had to sell 5 tickets but didn't want just 4 being sold (not leaving a single)?

4 tickets and want a single to sell but not 3?

Flash seats hadn't added any features in 4-5 years and is not good for teams (lack of analytics sent to them).
threeanout
AG
Did Flashseats not have an option saying "sell any combination but don't leave me with a single ticket"?
Aggie09Derek
AG
negative
threeanout
AG
I certainly had that option.
94chem
threeanout said:

Did Flashseats not have an option saying "sell any combination but don't leave me with a single ticket"?

They spent $40 on the domain name. You expect them to have fancy code too?
Aggie09Derek
AG
threeanout said:

I certainly had that option.

No, you didn't.
aggietony2010
AG
That definitely was an option on the website.
God save the Patriarchy!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Again, no it wasn't. I will post a screen shot later of options. I know which one you are thinking of, but it doesn't solve the problem I stated above.

Edit:

aggietony2010
AG
I am all for the StubHub move. Whether the option existed or not (which from above it didn't...I've probably been to that page 300-500 times, shows how much I was paying attention) flash seats was identical in its options from when it came out. My only concern is the potential 4.95 transaction fee...which is not good for smaller sports.
God save the Patriarchy!
threeanout
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Again, no it wasn't. I will post a screen shot later of options. I know which one you are thinking of, but it doesn't solve the problem I stated above.

Edit:

"How about if I you had to sell 5 tickets but didn't want just 4 being sold (not leaving a single)?"

If you don't want a single, check the second box, or check the last box and sell three and two.

I am not sure what your question is here?.

Sounds like you had the options, but were unsure what box to check.
Aggie09Derek
AG
threeanout said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Edit:

"How about if I you had to sell 5 tickets but didn't want just 4 being sold (not leaving a single)?"

If you don't want a single, check the second box, or check the last box and sell three and two.

If I didn't want to leave a single on the 5 pack...I still would want to be able to sell 1, 2, or 3 tickets originally (I'm happy to have someone who needs a single buy that and to leave me with 4 left).

If I have 4 tickets I would like to be able to sell 1 of the 4, but not 3 of the 4.

Pretty simple. It sounds like you aren't understanding what options are listed above.

They could have easily built that into their software, but chose not to. Same with interactive seating charts.
threeanout
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

threeanout said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Edit:

If I didn't want to leave a single on the 5 pack...I still would want to be able to sell 1, 2, or 3 tickets originally (I'm happy to have someone who needs a single buy that and to leave me with 4 left).

If I have 4 tickets I would like to be able to sell 1 of the 4, but not 3 of the 4.

Pretty simple. It sounds like you aren't understanding what options are listed above.

They could have easily built that into their software, but chose not to. Same with interactive seating charts.
Here is Stubhub's same choices. Tell me how they differ??

How would you like to sell your tickets?
Sell any quantity, but don't leave me with a single ticket
Sell in multiples of 123
Sell all my tickets together

Flash Seats has the better options, as you could choose option four.....or did you ever think about doing multiple listings since there was no seller fee???

The interactive map is about the only thing you have said that makes sense.
htxag09
AG
Quote:

For real? The first option listed is exactly what he's describing....
Aggie09Derek
AG
htxag09 said:

Quote:

For real? The first option listed is exactly what he's describing....
Ding Ding Ding
threeanout
AG
I concede the five pack and not wanting to be left with a single.

But then you mention if you have four tickets you want to be able to sell just one......if this is the case just list the one ticket.

Do you have season tickets that you are currently selling on StubHub? For my Astro season tickets, I have to manually enter the +/- 15 digit bar code for each ticket. The Astros have gone all digital (you have to pay an additional fee for paper tickets). When you view your ticket inventory, there is an option to sell on StubHub, but the link doesn't work (at least not on my computer). Therefore I have to go to the print option to be able to view the barcode to manually enter the +/- 15 digit number, which can be time consuming and impossible to do from an IPhone. Once tickets are listed, you receive zero notifications until your tickets are sold or the listing expires. No way to monitor the progress and to me a huge disadvantage. To delist the tickets and have them available in your inventory....this is not the easiest task and for me involved a phone call.

In comparison, selling my Aggie season tickets for baseball, basketball and football for me was easier on Flash Seats than sellling Astro tickets on Stubhub. In fairness to StubHub, they do offer pricing suggestions when you list your tickets and you can also sell parking passes (my Astro B lot pass usually sells for around $50), which was not an option with FlashSeats for Aggie parking passes.
Chester
threeanout said:

.I concede the five pack and not wanting to be left with a single.

But then you mention if you have four tickets you want to be able to sell just one......if this is the case just list the one ticket.

Do you have season tickets that you are currently selling on StubHub? For my Astro season tickets, I have to manually enter the +/- 15 digit bar code for each ticket. The Astros have gone all digital (you have to pay an additional fee for paper tickets). When you view your ticket inventory, there is an option to sell on StubHub, but the link doesn't work (at least not on my computer). Therefore I have to go to the print option to be able to view the barcode to manually enter the +/- 15 digit number, which can be time consuming and impossible to do from an IPhone. Once tickets are listed, you receive zero notifications until your tickets are sold or the listing expires. No way to monitor the progress and to me a huge disadvantage. To delist the tickets and have them available in your inventory....this is not the easiest task and for me involved a phone call.

In comparison, selling my Aggie season tickets for baseball, basketball and football for me was easier on Flash Seats than sellling Astro tickets on Stubhub. In fairness to StubHub, they do offer pricing suggestions when you list your tickets and you can also sell parking passes (my Astro B lot pass usually sells for around $50), which was not an option with FlashSeats for Aggie parking passes.
Hope that you are selling those Aggie season tickets to Aggies. I don't want to sit next to the opposing team's fans during a game!
htxag09
AG
We can argue about specifics all day, clearly not doing any good. I think AggieDerek's main point is Flash is not doing squat to improve. The issue he is describing has been an issue since day 1, still hasn't been addressed, no other functionality has been improved, no steps have been made to provide data analytics to the schools. Sure, StubHub may have problems, and sounds like they do in your experience. But I'm much more confident stubhub will address those problems and continue to improve.
Aggie09Derek
AG
threeanout said:

Sigh...I want to be able to attract buyers who want 1, 2, or 4 tickets. Not sure how you don't understand.

There is a reason why literally no other legit schools use Flash and everyone is on Paciolan for primary and SH for secondary.
threeanout
AG
htxag09 said:

We can argue about specifics all day, clearly not doing any good. I think AggieDerek's main point is Flash is not doing squat to improve. The issue he is describing has been an issue since day 1, still hasn't been addressed, no other functionality has been improved, no steps have been made to provide data analytics to the schools. Sure, StubHub may have problems, and sounds like they do in your experience. But I'm much more confident stubhub will address those problems and continue to improve.
True, I don't recall any upgrades from Flash since Day 1. However I don't recall any (or many) complaints on this board about the sell process being difficult on Flash (and heaven knows this board is all about complaining). Did Sam Torn receive numerous complaints during his Game Day survey about Flash? Is providing data analytics to the 12th Man the reason? Could be, I have no clue. Is the 12th Man trying to make it easier for the buyer? I find that hard to believe. I suspect the reason for the switch is strictly a financial reason which by switching to SH will benefit the 12th Man (reason why we are stuck with Levy).

Derek's main point is (at least from what he says below) is he wants the option to sell 1,2 or 4 tickets. Selling one ticket.....list the single ticket. Want to sell two....list two. Sell four....list four. If you have 5 or more then you'll have to do multiple listings. Doesn't cost anything but time.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Doing separate listings....get out of here with that.

You want to reach more of a market (a buyer isn't going to go to sets of 2 and 3 and just see if they are together) - they are going to filter by sets of 5.

ensign_beedrill
AG
I often want a single ticket and then go to buy a great seat and get denied by ticket software because it would leave a single. So what. Let some other single buy it.
threeanout
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Doing separate listings....get out of here with that.

You want to reach more of a market (a buyer isn't going to go to sets of 2 and 3 and just see if they are together) - they are going to filter by sets of 5.

You want to be able to sell a single, you don't want to be left with a single, and you don't want to do multiple listings.....really?
wareagle044
ensign_beedrill said:

I often want a single ticket and then go to buy a great seat and get denied by ticket software because it would leave a single. So what. Let some other single buy it.
buy both and sell the other as a single..when you get stuck with the extra single -- youll understand
ensign_beedrill
AG
I have a single season ticket and sell it each game I can't be at. It's not usually a problem.

I am mostly talking about concerts and theater events here, though, where I'm buying from TicketMaster or whatever the venue uses. These tickets tend to be expensive and there is not a thriving secondary marketplace, especially when it's fairly easy to get tickets straight from the venue itself. It's not feasible to buy both tickets, and I would think these places would rather have one ticket sold than have both go unsold. Whatever. That and crazy fees that only show up on your final checkout page are personal grievances of mine.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.