Arkansas equivalent of BAS

8,036 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aeon-ag
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. I'd be in the fetal position after that.
P.C. Principal
Rangers fans having some serious PTSD
PJYoung
phatty26
ugh the Rangers vs the Cards that was all on Ron's dumb ass. Turning Berkman back to lefty was the stupidest move ever.
Capitol Ag
AG
Tra Williams's fumble in and out of the EZ in the UT game in 16 also comes to mind. Tennessee ties the game afterward with time running out when the game was over. Nowhere near as big as this, but that's the way I felt.
Leander - Ag
AG
Arky will fold.
HowdyTAMU
AG
And to think...Arkansas' problem is rule #1 in baseball defense...call the ball!

I would absolutely be in the fetal position if I were a hog fan.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Catch a foul ball you win the World Series... they let it drop and have to go to game 3
coupland boy
AG
I will be very impressed if they can recover from that.
sharpdressedman
Shaddy may never get over that, especially if the Beavers win tomorrow.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wow, 3 guys, not just 1 cost them the game.........championship?
coupland boy
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Shaddy may never get over that, especially if the Beavers win tomorrow.

Agreed. I hate to see that happen to any player not named Clemens. Heck even then......well depends on how much of a dick head he'd been leading up to that point.
Buford T. Justice
AG
It's over. That was Mookie Wilson and Buckner many years later. OSU will win.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
91AggieLawyer
AG
1985 World Series memories. Bottom of 9th, up 1-0, Jack Clark lets catchable foul drop; Porter passed ball; 2 base hits; Royals win game 6. Birds don't show for game 7.

We'll see.
PhatMack19
AG
sharpdressedman
PhatMack19 said:

Jeebus, that didn't take long to appear.

Every time that is replayed/analyzed, people will hear the talking heads blame Shaddy for overrunning the ball, and he will own the disaster in the minds of the public. Any of the three of them appeared to be able to make the catch.

Moreover, the commentator who described the ball landing in the "Arkansas triangle" became a legend in saying it.
caleblyn
Right fielder trumps everyone and had the best line and could easily have caught it. Feel sorry for the guy because it was his ball.
dixichkn
AG
Really? I thought that was the first baseman's ball all the way......regardless, yes the BAS in me already kicked in and this doesn't even involve us. Piggie doesn't stand a chance tonight
Kool
AG
I hope aggiehawg is OK today. I worry about her.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
technoviking
AG
If the right fielder can get there, that's always his ball because it's much easier to track the ball and make adjustments when your hips and your eyes are facing the same way. When your hips are facing forward and your eyes are looking up/behind you it's much more difficult to make adjustments on the ball.

I get though that he thought shaddy was confident in getting the ball. Shaddy made it very clear that he was going to get that ball. RF realized Shaddy wasn't in position to catch it too late.

Shaddy got caught up in the moment and it cost them. The right fielder should have called him off, though.
GarryowenAg
AG
I sent this to my Arky buddy this morning. Waiting for a lovely response.
coupland boy
AG
SpiDer09 said:

Dude. I remember the Clint Stoerner fumble deal in the late 90's. Worked with a Hog and a guy from LSU that we're always going at each other talking trash.....even during that gane. The LSU guy had the good judgment to leave his buddy alone after that fumble.
KatyAg88
Right fielder has best angle and I am sure Shaddy was calling everyone off hence RF pause.
Shaddy did have the go ahead RBI so he erased that accomplishment.
tjack16
AG
I remember last year in the UH regional championship game when Janca dropped the ball out of his glove running to 3rd with 1 out in the 9th with a 2 run lead. I remember thinking "wow... BAS is real, we are going to lose this game now". We almost did because the next batter hit a SAC fly (would have been out 3) and then the next UH guy was about 2 feet from a walk off grand slam.

Thankfully we closed it out but wow that would have been rough, and we probably would have dropped the If necessary game that night due to not having a 4th starter in line.
ColoradoMooseHerd
2nd Baseman called it and was there in plenty of time. The Right Fielder correctly backed away. Once you back away, you are not still looking at the ball, you have to look at the other fielder and make sure you are out of his way.

There is no time to see that the 2nd Baseman had overrun the ball and react in time to catch it. It is easy to see this on tv and on instant replay, but in the moment when you are sprinting across the field looking up. When the 2nd Baseman calls for it and appears to be in position, you back off and give space.

that was 2nd Baseman's call and responsibility To start blaming anyone else is the over-analysis of the internet/instant replay age.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Shaddy's ego got in his way. Feel for him if Arkansas doesn't close it out with a win.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiebrad94
AG
Quote:

Really? I thought that was the first baseman's ball all the way.
The 1st baseman is 3rd in line for getting that ball after RF & 2B. The 1st baseman is running and turning around to get to it. A couple of foul ball flys completely turned me around and made me look foolish in high school. Sadly, I didn't play with a 2nd baseman who could get there either.
tjack16
AG
SpiDer09 said:

If I was your buddy, my response would be "What time is the A&M game tonight? Oh wait..."
Aggies2009
AG
tjholley16 said:

SpiDer09 said:

If I was your buddy, my response would be "What time is the A&M game tonight? Oh wait..."

Yeah, because A&M has anything to do with a funny meme.
alamoaggie 64
I think the first baseman would have had if that stupid second baseman hadn't come busting in at 60 mpg.

That said, their fans got what they deserve.
W
AG
yep, the "Arkansas triangle" expression is likely here to stay
W
AG
tonight will be a great test of sports psychology
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I was saying how it was awesome this cws that there wasn't a Buckner guy who stupidly cost his team. I thought it was great because you don't wish that on anyone other than someone who plays for tu.
Mark Fairchild
AG
OSU scores 1-0 with two men on. Campbell not looking good.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
technoviking
AG
2-0
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.