Are These CWS Announcers Going to Keep Crying....

5,608 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
HowdyTAMU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About the interference call the rest of the series?

That didn't change the game. OSU's bad 5th inning pitching did!
MROD92
Yes
Biggame12
AG
Why are the so in the tank for OSU?
dermdoc
AG
Maybe because Oregon State got screwed several times by calls? And I know SEC whatever, but Arkansas fans are insufferable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Spyderman
AG
SEC
peachbasket
Dermdoc is correct, on both counts.
aggiewilliford
The home plate ump is calling some bad strike calls on the hog batters. They aren't even close.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
dermdoc
AG
I have been to both places and had numerous interactions with both fan bases. Oregon State fans are great. Arky fans not so much.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
dermdoc said:

I have been to both places and had numerous interactions with both fan bases. Oregon State fans are great. Arky fans not so much.
Don't know about Beaver fans but I agree with you about Arkansas fans. Even though I am married to one, I was shocked the first time I attended a Razorback game with him. (Cotton Bowl in January 2000 against the sips.)

Hog fans rivaled the sip fans in being poor sports and the hogs won that game. I have gotten used to it over the last 20 years and just keep my mouth shut in the name of family harmony.
dermdoc
AG
aggiehawg said:

dermdoc said:

Don't know about Beaver fans but I agree with you about Arkansas fans. Even though I am married to one, I was shocked the first time I attended a Razorback game with him. (Cotton Bowl in January 2000 against the sips.)

Hog fans rivaled the sip fans in being poor sports and the hogs won that game. I have gotten used to it over the last 20 years and just keep my mouth shut in the name of family harmony.

Every fan base is delusional but Arky fans may be the worst. A lot of them still believe the sixties and Frank Broyles were just a year ago.
tk for tu juan
They will have to shut down the SEC Rant for weeks if Arky wins this series
aggiehawg
AG
dermdoc said:

aggiehawg said:

dermdoc said:

Every fan base is delusional but Arky fans may be the worst. A lot of them still believe the sixties and Frank Broyles were just a year ago.
Oh Lordy! That is so true! Especially with The Hubs and his family! They barely tolerate me because I'm an Ag and a Catholic. I'm not practicing but being raised as one is enough for them to view me with skepticism.

In 2009 for my birthday, after I had been married to their son for over ten years, they gave me a card that said, "You are an Aggie but we accept you anyway!" I laughed and said, "Whew! At least you are finally off of the Catholic stuff!"
Biggame12
AG
dermdoc said:

Maybe because Oregon State got screwed several times by calls? And I know SEC whatever, but Arkansas fans are insufferable.

I didn't see them get screwed at all. The College rule says you have to slide and he didn't so he's out. Not even a question
dermdoc
AG
Biggame12 said:

dermdoc said:

I didn't see them get screwed at all. The College rule says you have to slide and he didn't so he's out. Not even a question

I saw every Ag game played this year except for some midweek games and watch a ton of college baseball on tv. Have seen a lot of runners going into second without sliding and interference was never called. And you do it in the finals of the CWS? Maybe it is just me.

Have you seen it called for that before?
RGLAG85
AG
Biggame12 said:

dermdoc said:

Biggame12
AG
He definitely altered the throw and made the SS double clutch. It was easily the right call. They make that call everyday in HS and travel ball and it's never argued. I rarely ever see college players NOT slide so can't say I've seen it much in college
Kool
AG
aggiehawg said:

dermdoc said:

Don't know about Beaver fans but I agree with you about Arkansas fans. Even though I am married to one, I was shocked the first time I attended a Razorback game with him. (Cotton Bowl in January 2000 against the sips

Did you post that from the bathroom??
RGLAG85
AG
Good game!
aggiehawg
AG
Kool said:

aggiehawg said:

dermdoc said:

Don't know about Beaver fans but I agree with you about Arkansas fans. Even though I am married to one, I was shocked the first time I attended a Razorback game with him. (Cotton Bowl in January 2000 against the sips

Did you post that from the bathroom??
No. I'm at the lake house. The Hubs is at the ranch tonight and on his hog boards not TexAgs.

LOL.
hogfan14
aggiehawg said:

dermdoc said:

A lot of the angst toward Texas teams comes from being the only school in the SWC not from Texas, fans felt like Arkansas was viewed as an outsider. Have a chip on the shoulder when it comes to "bigger" teams.
aggiehawg
AG
Oh, believe me I know that. Been hearing that for decades now. Being raised an Ag, though, the cat-calling, booing and other behavior still surprised me. And that was just in the parking lot on the way to the game.

You may not know this but after the first year when A&M and Arkansas renewed the game before we ever went to the SEC, The Hubs and I don't watch that game in the same location. One of us is at our lakehouse and the other at the ranch. For family harmony.

Sometimes, we don't speak nor see each other for a couple of days after the game.
Serious Lee
dermdoc said:

their basketball fans are even more delusional.
SACR
AG
I'm guessing he's just suffered in silence and you walk around with a smile on your face these past 6 years?

Do any of them understand that all else being equal, A&M SHOULD beat them more often than not in football? We're in a recruiting hotbed, and we have better facilities and more money.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
MROD92
That spouse of yours sounds like a total jerk
ABATTBQ87
AG
Biggame12 said:

He definitely altered the throw and made the SS double clutch. It was easily the right call. They make that call everyday in HS and travel ball and it's never argued. I rarely ever see college players NOT slide so can't say I've seen it much in college
The SS could have made the call easier if he would have just thrown the ball into the runner's chest.
DD88
AG
SS held up because no one was covering 1st base yet. It looked like a bail out call to me.

A couple of videos are at this link:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23918265/college-world-series-arkansas-grabs-cws-momentum-game-1-rally
aggiebrad94
AG
I think any baseball fans would like to see a clean game without any of the umps calls being close or open to interpretation. If the interference call wasn't made, we'd be talking about how slow the Arky pitcher was getting to first for the throw. If the ball was called fair, we'd probably have seen one run in and a runner on second.

Either way, I hate it when either team has an opportunity to blame the umps for a reason they lost momentum during a game or lost the game.

I'm for the SEC, btw.
Scotty Appleton
DD88 said:

SS held up because no one was covering 1st base yet. It looked like a bail out call to me.

A couple of videos are at this link:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23918265/college-world-series-arkansas-grabs-cws-momentum-game-1-rally

Exactly. The runner wasn't anywhere near the bag & bends down to get out of the way. The SS didn't have anyone to throw it to at first, hence the double-clutch.

No one has mentioned the miss call on what should have been a double & Oregon St's faster player (even with a sore hamstring) most likely scoring.

That's 2 runs umpire calls took off the board yesterday.
Tex100
AG
He should have just thrown the ball and the runner either slides or gets hit and an interference call is made.
MMantle
AG
Yep, back in the day that's exactly what we did.

The SS, oftentimes he would even adjust his throw and throw 'submarine', and fling it right at the runner's head, we had no problem getting that runner out of the way.

RR
RockW1997
AG
The interference call was right. The runner must slide into the bag or or slide away from to clear the path of the fielder making the throw. He did neither. This call is made pretty regularly at the high school level and that rule is written very similarly to the NCAA rule. See rule 8-4-c-1
Frisco
AG
exactly. and if you'll notice blue calls interference without looking at 1st - not his job to. He's watching the play at 2nd. no slide on a force and ss double clutched - let's just say he "drew a foul" and was the correct call for the way the rules are written.
DD88
AG
MMantle said:

Yep, back in the day that's exactly what we did.

The SS, oftentimes he would even adjust his throw and throw 'submarine', and fling it right at the runner's head, we had no problem getting that runner out of the way.

RR
We never aimed at anyone, but simply threw to the base. The runner always got out of the way, except for that time in a company league softball game where I hit a coworker in the head. He was ok and the out was called. It just makes the workplace dynamic a little different for a while.
MaroonStain
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Biggame12 said:

The SS could have made the call easier if he would have just thrown the ball into the runner's chest.

I played 2B in my day. In high school, I hit the runner right in the chin after which my coach asked why. I said he should have slid. During a Penberthy tourney, I turned two and crushed this dude in the chest. Sounded like a meat shot on a deer.
Scotty Appleton
Where the rule is ****ing stupid is a runner on 3rd having to return to the bag even though he would have clearly scored with/without the judgement call on the interference. Call the guy out for interference & rule the double play, fine, but the run should still count. The hitting of the ball & the fielder's choice to turn 2 instead of throwing home should factor into the equation. Arkansas conceded the run to try and get 2 outs. That should matter.

And again, that wasn't the only controversial call that cost Oregon St a run.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.