Cannizaro shown the door at MSU. Why?

10,917 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by histag10
Sandman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post your guesses....
Outlaw0206
AG
State fans saying he had an affair
West Texan
Sandman98
AG
Outlaw0206 said:

State fans saying he had an affair

It's still undefeated.
OKCAGS
An affair doesn't get you fired after opening weekend. An affair with former baseball coaches' wife..... that is now your AD ..... maybe.
Sandman98
AG
OKCAGS said:

An affair doesn't get you fired after opening weekend. An affair with former baseball coach ..... that is now your AD ..... maybe.

Wait wut?
OKCAGS
Sorry left out a word - wife ......of former head coach that is now AD - John Cohen.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Inappropriate relationship with a student will pretty much get you fired 10 times out of 10...

SMM48
AG
He bunted while down 10 in game one against southern miss.
Serious Lee
nm
HoustonAg2106
AG
SteveMedina said:

Ha ha this made me laugh
LSU Baseball Fan
Well, damn.

That's surprising. He didn't seem like that type of guy. He'll probably leave college ball and get another job in the professional ranks.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
So this dismissal didn't involve a motorcycle wreck.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Have to wonder if this was known prior to laying an egg over the weekend.
aggiewilliford
Emilio Fantastico said:

So this dismissal didn't involve a motorcycle wreck.

No, that's only with volleyball players in Fayetville.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Busdriver99
AG
My thoughts. Have to think AD's usually hold on to strategic info until it needs to be used.
histag10
AG
Having an affair, and having an affair with a student are two VERY different things.

histag10
AG
Though I guess I still don't really get it. Was it a college student? Was she legal?

As the baseball coach, I cant imagine he held a position of authority over the student, unless it was a baseball player, in which case- I get it.
amercer
AG
histag10 said:

Though I guess I still don't really get it. Was it a college student? Was she legal?

As the baseball coach, I cant imagine he held a position of authority over the student, unless it was a baseball player, in which case- I get it.

Probably thier equivalent of a diamond darling....
twk
AG
He was apparently involved with a staffer (Mullen's director of recruiting operations, who, by the way, followed Mullen to UF and is married to a former MSU basketball player that is the head basketball coach at East Mississippi Community College). Interesting to see if Mullen gets caught in this net, too.
Farmer1906
AG
twk said:

He was apparently involved with a staffer (Mullen's director of recruiting operations, who, by the way, followed Mullen to UF and is married to a former MSU basketball player that is the head basketball coach at East Mississippi Community College). Interesting to see if Mullen gets caught in this net, too.
Only way Mullen gets caught in the net is if he gets caught in her.
wareagle044
twk said:

He wasn't spending all that extra time in the gym after all. That said, someone's going to get a pretty decent baseball coach.

cajunken
It appears he had an affair with a football recruiting staffer and lied about it. Said staffer was part of Mullen's exodus to Florida. Supposedly, she didn't clear messages off her university phone, they were presented to the AD yesterday, and Cannizaro was caught in a lie. AD went ballistic and fired the coach. I also read that Cannizaro's wife is expecting their third child soon.
amercer
AG
I guess the lesson is don't lie to your boss. Still it seems like this was a personal matter and really shouldn't have come up with his boss in the first place.
histag10
AG
wareagle044 said:

twk said:

He wasn't spending all that extra time in the gym after all. That said, someone's going to get a pretty decent baseball coach.

Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit at Baylor.
Luke The Drifter
AG
amercer said:

I guess the lesson is don't lie to your boss. Still it seems like this was a personal matter and really shouldn't have come up with his boss in the first place.

A lot of unknowns still in play. Was the affair taking place on company time and/or in MSU athletic facilities? If so, that's likely grounds for termination. Were university assets (cell phones, e-mail, etc.) used to communicate and set up the affair? If so, that's also likely grounds for termination. Does the MSU employee handbook (or whatever they use) prohibit romantic relationships between MSU staffers? If so, they could fire him for that. Or did the coach's contract have some sort of "conduct unbecoming of an MSU employee" clause in it?

I seriously doubt an extra-marital affair in and of itself is grounds for with-cause termination. There has to be more to the story than just a baseball coach having a side piece.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
MSU/SECALUM
https://twitter.com/Tyler_Greever/status/965978923594141696?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Edefault%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2
swimmerbabe11
https://twitter.com/nola530/status/965953348116426753?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E0

Rumors all over the place
MSU/SECALUM
Andy Cannizaro Resigns as MSU Baseball Coach

http://hailstate.com/news/2018/2/20/andy-cannizaro-resigns-as-msu-baseball-coach.aspx
Aggies2009
AG
SteveMedina said:

This is funny on so many levels, especially them being down 10 to Southern Miss. Well done, sir.
Agsncws
AG
cajunken said:

It appears he had an affair with a football recruiting staffer and lied about it. Said staffer was part of Mullen's exodus to Florida. Supposedly, she didn't clear messages off her university phone, they were presented to the AD yesterday, and Cannizaro was caught in a lie. AD went ballistic and fired the coach. I also read that Cannizaro's wife is expecting their third child soon.
You might be the smoothest, slickest affair maker in the world; but if you're wrapped up with an amateur it wont matter one bit.

In all serious, Im totally fine if State comes unwound and flounders all year.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
BenFiasco14
zephyr88
AG
histag10 said:

He had an affair with a baseball player???
Sandman98
AG
histag10 said:

A public person working at a public institution is a bribery and extortion candidate especially when he has a family of his own. It's even a risk for a private business to have an employee on staff that's a target because he wrecked a home. "Give me $10,000 from your company's safe or your wife will get a video in the mail".

spanky
AG
Just imagine the text being a pic of Cannizaro's junk sent from one university owned phone to another. That would make it pretty easy to see why the boss asked the employee about it. No idea if that was the context, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.