Cannizaro shown the door at MSU. Why?

10,906 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by histag10
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't want to imagine that.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Don't dip your pen in company ink.
BohunkAg
AG
spanky said:

Just imagine the text being a pic of Cannizaro's junk sent from one university owned phone to another. That would make it pretty easy to see why the boss asked the employee about it. No idea if that was the context, but it wouldn't surprise me.
you have experience with this?
spanky
AG
Please don't look at your wife's phone
W
AG
I tended to think the Cannizaro hype got ahead of the actual results so to speak.

how hard is it to be the hitting coach at LSU with their ridiculous MLB talent on the roster?
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

I tended to think the Cannizaro hype got ahead of the actual results so to speak.

how hard is it to be the hitting coach at LSU with their ridiculous MLB talent on the roster?

To be fair he did get to a super regional his first year as a head coach, it's not like he was in over his head or anything
ColoradoMooseHerd
I think Spanky might be onto it. If there was sexting going on and nude images of his self or her, than that might be an issue. But for having an affair, he would not be fired.
Sandman98
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I think Spanky might be onto it. If there was sexting going on and nude images of his self or her, than that might be an issue. But for having an affair, he would not be fired.

Weird take. Imagine an AD that would be cool with your head coach having an extramarital relationship with the recruiting lady that all the players know. Both of them living on a family values platform. All the players know coach's wife just like you did. Put yourself in that lockeroom.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

If it was an affair with someone not related to the university I would agree that his business
ColoradoMooseHerd
Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Weird take. Imagine an AD that would be cool with your head coach having an extramarital relationship with the recruiting lady that all the players know. Both of them living on a family values platform. All the players know coach's wife just like you did. Put yourself in that lockeroom.

No I don't think he would be fired. If info became public than coach would have to make statement to team about bad choices but unless there was some additionally scandalous going on then no way should he be fired.

People have affairs all the time. Don't act like he commuted murder or stole from the school. Unless he did.
ConLaw
AG
nm
Sandman98
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

No I don't think he would be fired. If info became public than coach would have to make statement to team about bad choices but unless there was some additionally scandalous going on then no way should he be fired.

People have affairs all the time. Don't act like he commuted murder or stole from the school. Unless he did.

Credibility matters, man. For the same reason someone could be subject to blackmail and extortion for this, they're also subject to losing the respect of their players for being a hypocrite. You want me to run poles, Coach? Nah. You lied to your pregnant wife so I'm pretty sure you'll lie to me.

wareagle044
HoustonAg2106 said:

W said:

To be fair he did get to a super regional his first year as a head coach, it's not like he was in over his head or anything

Not to mention the depleted roster he was working with due to injuries.
superdales
AG
Rule 1 for the heathens

dallasiteinsa02
She has some strong texting arms.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Isn't the AD the former head baseball coach?
If so, he could easily serve as HC this spring.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
ColoradoMooseHerd
Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Credibility matters, man. For the same reason someone could be subject to blackmail and extortion for this, they're also subject to losing the respect of their players for being a hypocrite. You want me to run poles, Coach? Nah. You lied to your pregnant wife so I'm pretty sure you'll lie to me.

This would not be major news if they had not fired him. Basically firing him brings a bigger spotlight than anything else. Affairs happen and people do not get fired for them unless they are in public office or there is something more to the scandal.

Yes credibility matters, and if this went public then he would have gone up in front of the team and said he made mistakes, and these are mistakes I am going to have to deal with. Don't do what I did, learn from my mistake. The players would have listened and depending on the relationship with the coach, might have gained some respect for him for standing up to it and they would have moved on. The status of relationship between a coach and his wife is not the thing that players are thinking about.

But because the way they handled it, I assume there is something else going on that creating more of a scandel not just a simple affair.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Yes he is, but I doubt he would do that.
Sandman98
AG
Word is the mismanagement began in the fall. Distracted by the only entity to never lose. Just another reason why a complicated affair with a school employee is cause for termination.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Sandman98 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

This would not be major news if they had not fired him. Basically firing him brings a bigger spotlight than anything else. Affairs happen and people do not get fired for them unless they are in public office or there is something more to the scandal.

Yes credibility matters, and if this went public then he would have gone up in front of the team and said he made mistakes, and these are mistakes I am going to have to deal with. Don't do what I did, learn from my mistake. The players would have listened and depending on the relationship with the coach, might have gained some respect for him for standing up to it and they would have moved on. The status of relationship between a coach and his wife is not the thing that players are thinking about.

But because the way they handled it, I assume there is something else going on that creating more of a scandel not just a simple affair.

People get fired for having affairs with co workers all the time in both public and private sectors.
twk
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

The former Kentucky head coach (Henderson) was the pitching coach. He will serve as the interim.
ColoradoMooseHerd

They definitely do, but most of the time when people are fired it is because one fo the individuals is considered a subordinate and/or a conflict of interest as created. That and the affair may have been happening onsite or on company time.

Typically if two people work for the same large company and there is not a conflict of interest or subordinate involved than a large company will stay out of it. Large companies often have relationships involved between their employees, it is just a fact of life. Usually you don't want them working too close together, but it is normal for co-workers at larger companies to be married or date and sometimes have affairs.

HoustonAg2106
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

They definitely do, but most of the time when people are fired it is because one fo the individuals is considered a subordinate and/or a conflict of interest as created. That and the affair may have been happening onsite or on company time.

Typically if two people work for the same large company and there is not a conflict of interest or subordinate involved than a large company will stay out of it. Large companies often have relationships involved between their employees, it is just a fact of life. Usually you don't want them working too close together, but it is normal for co-workers at larger companies to be married or date and sometimes have affairs.

We'll see if more comes out, I'm sure there's a lot we don't know as usual
CrawlingNo5
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

We'll see if more comes out, I'm sure there's a lot we don't know as usual

Uh this is Texags sir
AnalogyAg
Quote:

Basically firing him brings a bigger spotlight than anything else. Affairs happen and people do not get fired for them unless they are in public office or there is something more to the scandal.

Really?????

God forbid the AD and University might actually be sending a message that this kind of behavior is not going to be tolerated. Especially by a man in his position that we send into the living rooms of our recruits telling parents what a fine university he'll be going to and what great mentoring he'll receive under this coach's leadership.

Certainly such a move makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, right?

MSU has agreat BB program. there is absolutely no reason they should risk that by retaining a head coach who not only cheats on his pregnant wife, but doesit on school time with school "property".

im stunned some dint get that and think there has to be MORE!

[disclaimer: i dont know the above offense to be accurate. im just posting on the appropriateness of the schools firing if indeed that was the reason.]
amercer
AG
It's not the 1950s.

If you get fired for an affair, it's because you also broke your employers policies or the law.
Bocephus
AG
Looks like he was fired for lying to his boss, not for the actual affair.

If I remember correctly, he lost 2-3 of his weekend starters to injury and a number of position players and still managed to win the SEC regular season last year. He was a very impressive coach.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Bocephus said:

Looks like he was fired for lying to his boss, not for the actual affair.

If I remember correctly, he lost 2-3 of his weekend starters to injury and a number of position players and still managed to win the SEC regular season last year. He was a very impressive coach.

They were third place in the sec West, LSU and Florida split the regular season championship last year.

MSU did have a good year though all things considered, made it to the supers in Baton Rouge
sharpdressedman
Mr. muscles obviously likes to show off his body and listen to the TV commentators flatter him. I suspect a man with that kind of ego is often trolling for strange. With a wife pregnant with his third child, he has absolutely no business poking a piece on the side, and she should wait until he lands his next big contract before divorcing him..
histag10
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Mr. muscles obviously likes to show off his body and listen to the TV commentators flatter him. I suspect a man with that kind of ego is often trolling for strange. With a wife pregnant with his third child, he has absolutely no business poking a piece on the side, and she should wait until he lands his next big contract before divorcing him..

Why does she have to divorce him? Maybe they had an understanding/open marriage.

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but it's possible they won't get divorced.
sharpdressedman
histag10 said:

Why does she have to divorce him? Maybe they had an understanding/open marriage.

You make a legitimate point that is relevant in these times. If they have an "understanding/open marriage," maybe one or more of the kids were fathered by someone else and this tryst is not a big deal. Marriage isn't what it used to be.
histag10
AG
sharpdressedman said:

histag10 said:

You make a legitimate point that is relevant in these times. If they have an "understanding/open marriage," maybe one or more of the kids were fathered by someone else and this tryst is not a big deal. Marriage isn't what it used to be.

I've heard of women allowing their husband to have an affair while they are pregnant.

People do weird things. Not us though. Or at least not that I know of or am approving of, just pointing out that not everyone adheres to the traditional definition of marriage
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.