Opening Weekend in the SEC (2/16 - 2/18)

7,572 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jkag89
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aghunter95 said:

Arkansas won 32-4...
15 free passes will help a team score a lot of runs
Ag 11
AG
aghunter95 said:

Arkansas won 32-4...

PhatMack19
AG
Notre Dame beat LSU 10-5. LSU hasn't looked very good in either game. Their starting pitching has been bad.
jkag89
Other Saturday Top 25 Scores
Gonzaga 3 - #2 Oregon St. 4
Xavier 7 - #5 Florida St. 2
#6 North Carolina 12 - South Florida 5
Portland 0 - #11 UCLA 13
#17 Fullerton 3 - #13 Stanford 5
#15 Louisville 8 - The Citadel 3
#19 Virginia 10 - Samford 4
Oklahoma 5 - #20 South Alabama 6 (12)
#22 West Virginia 4 - Jacksonville 7
K-State 0 - #23 Indiana 5
W
AG
after 2 days of baseball...it looks like the state of Texas is going to host 5 regionals
Sean98
AG
Of course after 8 innings of Day 1 it looked like TCU would be 0-56...
West Texan
AG
Catholics take the series from the swamp kittens. Should have been a sweep if it weren't for the last two inning Friday.
LSU Baseball Fan
We were awful this weekend. First time we've lost an opening series since Texas beat us in 1999. Notre Dame really should have swept us.

Mainieri will make adjustments, but Texas will easily sweep us next weekend if the pitching doesn't get better.

We have two pitchers who are supposed to be really good recovering from injuries, as well as our starting catcher. I think we'll be a decent team by the time SEC play comes around, and we have a favorable conference schedule this year.

After all the midweek games we lost last year and still made the championship series, I won't worry too much just yet. We'll see how Tuesday goes.
West Texan
AG
Ragin Cajuns and sips tied at 1 going to the bottom of the 6th.
Kool
AG
We like YOU, LSU Baseball Fan, just not some of your past players and fan brethren. No doubt you guys will pull it together.
P.S. they're called sip.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
West Texan
AG
Cajuns take a 2-1 lead on an rbi double in the 7th.
PhatMack19
AG
UL takes game 3 by a score of 2-1. tu has Lamar and a 3 game series with LSU next week.
W
AG
that is a big series in Baton Rouge next weekend between the Tigers (1-2) and t-sips (2-1).

if LSU starts with 2 home series losses that will put them in an early hole in the national seed / regional host chase. (plenty of time to recover in conference play of course)

and if the horns start with 2 good series wins that will give them an early leg up on the other lone star state teams
West Texan
AG
W said:

that is a big series in Baton Rouge next weekend between the Tigers (1-2) and t-sips (2-1).

if LSU starts with 2 home series losses that will put them in an early hole in the national seed / regional host chase. (plenty of time to recover in conference play of course)

and if the horns start with 2 good series wins that will give them an early leg up on the other lone star state teams

If only it were possible for both teams to go 0-3.
CapCityAg89
AG
Miss State about to get swept.
CapCityAg89
AG
State with 3 hits on USM Sunday guy.
MAROON
AG
Looks like the Sips might have another year of struggling to score runs.
The Debt
MAROON said:

they should invite Tom Herman out, they would have no problem getting to first base.
LSU Baseball Fan
If Texas struggles to score, then that's good for us. Our pitching was atrocious for most of the weekend. Our hitting wasn't all that bad, we just hit a lot of balls right at them all weekend. Losing Walker for the year really hurt this team's chances. I'm not sold on Zack Hess being a starter. To me, Hess is a late reliever or closer you bring in for about 2 innings to shut the other team down.

I won't panic yet. Usually we're an average team until April, when Paul Mainieri finds his magic beans or a possum runs onto the field and we go on like a 25-5 run to end the season.
Mr.Ackar07
LSU Baseball Fan said:

If Texas struggles to score, then that's good for us. Our pitching was atrocious for most of the weekend. Our hitting wasn't all that bad, we just hit a lot of balls right at them all weekend. Losing Walker for the year really hurt this team's chances. I'm not sold on Zack Hess being a starter. To me, Hess is a late reliever or closer you bring in for about 2 innings to shut the other team down.

I won't panic yet. Usually we're an average team until April, when Paul Mainieri finds his magic beans or a possum runs onto the field and we go on like a 25-5 run to end the season.
I was about to have a knee-jerk reaction to those first couple of sentences before I realized who you were.
Potcake
AG
MAROON said:

Yea, we went to game today (USL for grad school). They played goid defense but neither team was really dialed in offenseively this weekend. I still loathe that fanbase even wearing Cajuns gear.
W
AG
one note...next weekend's opponent, Cornell, did not start their season this weekend. The Ags will be their first game next Friday
W
AG
SFA went 0-4 in the Edinburg tournament
jkag89
Other Sunday Top 25 Scores
Cal-Poly 7 - Oregon St, 16
Xavier 1 - #5 Florida St. 5
#6 North Carolina 9 - South Florida 8
Portland 3 - #11 UCLA 15
#17 Fullerton 5 - #13 Stanford 6
#15 Louisville 15 - George Mason 8
#20 South Alabama 4 - #23 Indiana 8
#22 West Virginia 1 - Jacksonville 2
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.