The small print on A&M tickets re: reselling tickets

5,165 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by I already have a dog
I already have a dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spanky said:

AgFB said:

Spanky=Flashseats
Haha

I do wish they would implement some controls on flashseats though. For example, not allowing the multiple resell of the same tickets for more than cost. This morning I saw somebody buy some reserved seats in 103 for $40 and immediately relist those exact seats for $100+. Seems like that kind of behavior could easily be stopped automatically by flash and A&M.

They could also limit the resell of discounted tickets like staff, faculty, and lettermen. I know they have this ability, but they seldom use these restrictions. Like the thread says, they like their cut of the additional sale.

Kind of funny that you're okay with one person buying at face and marking up the price but if someone buys it from them and marks it up again you're offended. Seems like the practice is either okay or not. If anything the second guy has a stronger moral case since he actually bought the tickets on the open market.
rc_cat
bigaggie90 said:

Indeed, the seller and buyer fees are present on all of Flash Seats' events, whether they be Texas A&M or any other team/entertainment venue. I do believe, however, that A&M and the other teams/venues that use flash receive a small portion of what flash makes as a "kickback" so to speak. I'm not 100% sure on this, though.
Tickets listed on Flash during the regular season for A&M events do not charge a seller fee (at least for the original seller - I have no idea about a true "reseller"). Tickets listed on Flash during NCAA events do charge a 10% seller fee + sales tax on the fee. I have no idea if Flash is waiving the seller fee or if A&M is eating the cost for regular season events.
Ragoo
AG
spanky said:

eBay allows the bidding process still, but I'm not sure how active the ticket market is there anymore.
with flash seats yo know you are not getting scammed. the conversion process requires you to identify the exact seat and unique code printed on the ticket. flash seats is actually a remarkable website.
TheAngelFlight
There is an interest from some for people who you expect to show up to the game to end up with the tickets.

Those buying and immediately up-pricing don't seem to me the most likely to actually show up. And every time a ticket is up-priced, it's decreased the number of will-actually-show-up-to-the-ballpark buyers.

No doubt you hope ticket prices come down and folks buy them and show up but not everyone is hugely diligent in checking ticket prices constantly. Folks are busy and in A&M's case, folks often to decide at some point if they're taking a roadtrip or not.
spanky
AG
TylerAg95 said:

spanky said:

AgFB said:

Spanky=Flashseats
Haha

I do wish they would implement some controls on flashseats though. For example, not allowing the multiple resell of the same tickets for more than cost. This morning I saw somebody buy some reserved seats in 103 for $40 and immediately relist those exact seats for $100+. Seems like that kind of behavior could easily be stopped automatically by flash and A&M.

They could also limit the resell of discounted tickets like staff, faculty, and lettermen. I know they have this ability, but they seldom use these restrictions. Like the thread says, they like their cut of the additional sale.

Kind of funny that you're okay with one person buying at face and marking up the price but if someone buys it from them and marks it up again you're offended. Seems like the practice is either okay or not. If anything the second guy has a stronger moral case since he actually bought the tickets on the open market.
This is where we differ. I don't believe in "face". Claiming the first person is "marking up" without all costs included is kind of shortsighted. If that person had to donate 5 figures in order to have the option buy tickets at "face", then no, they aren't marking up anything. They are likely still taking a loss.

And don't put words in my mouth please. I never said I was offended by anything. I said I wished A&M would utilize some automatic restrictions that an electronic ticket marketplace could easily handle. One of those restrictions would likely help me get better deals as a buyer who wants to attend an event. That's the point of "wishing" which is a word I did use. Not sure what morals have to do with any of this.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

This is where we differ. I don't believe in "face". Claiming the first person is "marking up" without all costs included is kind of shortsighted. If that person had to donate 5 figures in order to have the option buy tickets at "face", then no, they aren't marking up anything. They are likely still taking a loss.

Well, I'm sure if you work out the donation across all the perks it's not hugely much for most ticket holders. But it's an interesting economic thought
Leander - Ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

So where is the outrage when midweek games are selling way under face value? Never see post here demanding tickets sell for face value then.

This.
TXAggie2011
AG
Leander - Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

So where is the outrage when midweek games are selling way under face value? Never see post here demanding tickets sell for face value then.

This.

It's in the threads about why are we playing these games few people want to go to that are tanking our strength of schedule...

(I don't see much outrage here in this thread about it either way. Obviously profiteering across the globe, throughout the history of the world, has always been a touchier issue than loss-teering??? That's just life.)
I already have a dog
AG
Leander - Ag said:

BQ_90 said:

This.

The midweek games are part of the season package. If you get season tickets and have to resell some games because you can't make it I don't mind if you make a profit (or feel bad for you if you take a loss). It's buying tickets for the sole purpose of reselling them at a profit that I have an issue with.
I already have a dog
AG
Well if you don't believe in "face value" and don't think morales are involved I think the two of us are too different to ever reach an agreement. I am not saying disagreeing with me makes you immoral but if you don't see that the question of whether it is okay to buy a ticket with the sole intention of marking up the price and reselling is a morale one then we just don't see the world the same way. Values are not a sometimes thing for me. I'm not always good about following them but I can't recall ever convincing myself that they just don't apply.
texaslodge
A&M absolutely posts it's own inventory on Flash Seats.

And really nothing wrong with that -- they are trying to squeeze money out of every outlet they can.
agsalaska
AG
Anyone against the secondary ticket market is an Obama voter. And probably a Clinton voter.
bigaggie90
No they do not....

They sell tickets that are delivered in Flash Seats form, but do not post on the Flash Seats Marketplace. That marketplace exists for fans (and brokers) to sell to other fans (and brokers).
texaslodge
bigaggie90 said:

No they do not....

They sell tickets that are delivered in Flash Seats form, but do not post on the Flash Seats Marketplace. That marketplace exists for fans (and brokers) to sell to other fans (and brokers).

I can assure you that both the A&M ticket office (as well as the Rockets ticket office that you mentioned in a previous post) will sell tickets on Flash Seats. Just as many professional teams sell directly on Stubhub.

You think marketplaces like Flash Seats and Stubhub make these deals with teams and don't dangle the ability to resell their inventory at secondary prices?

It wouldn't be obvious to a casual buyer, but if you know what to look for -- especially with GA tickets -- you can see when it is happening.
Aggie_44
AG
cdowl38
AG
Wabs said:

My reaction whenever this topic comes up

That's my gif
I already have a dog
AG
agsalaska said:

Anyone against the secondary ticket market is an Obama voter. And probably a Clinton voter.

Actually I am a libertarian. I don't want to legislate morality. Doesn't mean I can't think a person is an *******. One of the biggest problems with this country is we want the government to get involved in everything. I don't think every ******* belongs in prison...

I know: take it to the politics board...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.