***********OFFICIAL AGGIES vs. SIPS SOFTBALL THREAD***********

22,612 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sharpdressedman
hillcountryag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed it I'm sure but will someone explain if Trinity got hurt or not?
Colt98
AG
Her dad passed away this week.. prayers for her family..
hillcountryag86
AG
Oh man...
sharpdressedman
I missed the game, other than getting random score updates during rounds. I just read through this thread, and my new dream double date is me with trouble and aggiewilliford.

Congratulations Aggie softball team and coaches! It was a very, VERY important win for the program and Aggies everywhere. Bring on the next orange and white victim.
Guitarsoup
AG
VegasAg86 said:

VegasAg86 said:

Sheeee's baaaack!!!!
Again!

Really thought that was out of there.
Absolutely would have been gone except for the very strong wind.
Guitarsoup
AG
DD88 said:

It looked like her foot got over the plate before the tag. Couldn't tell if it was touching it.
Justanotherposter
Story on Trinity: http://12thman.com/news/2017/5/21/one-pitch-at-a-time.aspx
sharpdressedman
Justanotherposter said:

Story on Trinity: http://12thman.com/news/2017/5/21/one-pitch-at-a-time.aspx
Beyond wonderful. Thanks for sharing,
McJulie-O
AG
Gig 'em, Ags!
CajunAggie
AG
WHOOP!
Belton Ag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

DD88 said:

It looked like her foot got over the plate before the tag. Couldn't tell if it was touching it.

That umpire had the best angle and blew it. I couldn't see it from the stands well, and on the replay it looked like she might have made the tag in time but the camera angle was poor. From this angle, Milligan was indeed safe. Glad it didn't make a difference.
PJYoung
AG
I would say it certainly looks like she got her foot down from that angle but I'm still not 100% sure. It was very close.
PJYoung
AG
And another great pic from Thomas!
VegasAg86
AG
Belton Ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

DD88 said:

That umpire had the best angle and blew it. I couldn't see it from the stands well, and on the replay it looked like she might have made the tag in time but the camera angle was poor. From this angle, Milligan was indeed safe. Glad it didn't make a difference.
She's not even touching the plate yet. This picture in no way proves she was safe. TV had an angle from behind the pitcher that made the call look right to me. Definitely glad it didn't affect the outcome.
Belton Ag
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Belton Ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

DD88 said:

She's not even touching the plate yet. This picture in no way proves she was safe. TV had an angle from behind the pitcher that made the call look right to me. Definitely glad it didn't affect the outcome.
I don't know. In my mind I'm assuming that since the distance between her foot and the plate appears to be much shorter than the distance between the pitcher's glove and Milligan that her momentum would have carried her into the plate quicker than the tag could be applied. But you are correct that the picture doesn't prove anything.
Guitarsoup
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Belton Ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

DD88 said:

She never got her glove low. When she tagged her, it was at Keeli's upper thigh, but Keeli already touched the plate. Her foot is very close to the plate here and didn't go up until it hit the plate.
Look where the pitcher is standing - directly over the plate. She didn't get her glove in front of Keeli's foot - her glove is too high. The tag was too high and late. She needed to get the glove lower and didn't get it there.
VegasAg86
AG
Guitarsoup said:

VegasAg86 said:

Belton Ag said:

Guitarsoup said:

DD88 said:

She never got her glove low. When she tagged her, it was at Keeli's upper thigh, but Keeli already touched the plate. Her foot is very close to the plate here and didn't go up until it hit the plate.
Look where the pitcher is standing - directly over the plate. She didn't get her glove in front of Keeli's foot - her glove is too high. The tag was too high and late. She needed to get the glove lower and didn't get it there.
All valid points, but she not touching the plate here, so it doesn't prove she was safe, which is my point.

That said, this, in combination with the angle from behind the pitcher and I think she was safe. The video from behind the pitcher looked like Keeli's foot hit the pitcher's foot and popped up a bit, giving the pitcher time to make the tag. Combine that with this photo and hit has to be Keeli's left foot hitting the pitcher's foot and it seems her right foot must have hit the plate before the tag was made. I don't have the video skills to grab a small section from the WatchESPN app.
VegasAg86
AG
Upon further review . . . watching the video again (Pitch leave's Wright's hand at 1:16:31 in the video). Milligan's foot does hit the pitcher's foot. This picture is AFTER that. Her left foot is not on the way down, it is going up. The replay from behind starts at 1:16:54.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3079740

Link works for me, not sure if it's behind the WatchESPN paywall, so not certain it will work for everyone.

The play is at about 1:15:00 when I watch it on the WatchESPN app on my phone. The 1:16:31 is ESPN3. Play happened in the top of the 4th on Wright's second pitch after coming into the game.
Guitarsoup
AG
The next frame I have (1/10th second later), Keeli completely covers the plate and the glove is hovering a few inches over her.

Maybe the pitcher brought her glove down and back up super fast, but with how close to the plate Keeli is in this picture and how fast She was moving, I don't think that is plausible.
VegasAg86
AG
Guitarsoup said:

The next frame I have (1/10th second later), Keeli completely covers the plate and the glove is hovering a few inches over her.

Maybe the pitcher brought her glove down and back up super fast, but with how close to the plate Keeli is in this picture and how fast She was moving, I don't think that is plausible.

Watch the video from behind the pitcher.
PJYoung
AG
Yeah after looking at the online replays again, she might've touched the front middle part of the plate with her toe. but I don't think so. Crazy close. Great job by the pitcher blocking just enough of the plate. The runner should've angled more towards the back of the plate and away from the pitcher because she was there way before the tag was applied.

OK, my video analysis is done for today.
PJYoung
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Watch the online video for a better angle.
VegasAg86
AG
PJYoung said:

Yeah after looking at the online replays again, she might've touched the front middle part of the plate with her toe. but I don't think so. Crazy close. Great job by the pitcher blocking just enough of the plate. The runner should've angled more towards the back of the plate and away from the pitcher because she was there way before the tag was applied.

OK, my video analysis is done for today.
Yep, right as her foot hit the pitcher's foot, it looks like she might have hit the edge of the plate, but not clear. Her foot was on the way up and in the air over the plate when the tag was applied.
sharpdressedman
PJYoung said:

Guitarsoup said:

Watch the online video for a better angle.
What does Zapruder think?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.