Why aren't we better than Texas Tech?

26,590 Views | 265 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aginlakeway
agneck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't get it.
agneck
Watching them on tv now against Kansas. Hate it
jkag89
Why in the hell are you watching BDF baseball when there are SEC options?
jkag89
To answer your question, so you can whine about it on a message board.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Seems like so long ago, doesn't it?

http://www.12thman.com/boxscore.aspx?id=6812&path=baseball
powerbelly
AG
Coaching.
Paradise Ag
AG
9-0
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
We did beat them
Mark Fairchild
AG
Don't think we would if we played them now.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It holds true for nearly every sport so it's worth saying again: thank goodness our players are not as soft as our fans.
AB2
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Don't think we would if we played them now.

Same stuff said before we beat them the first time
AB2
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

It holds true for nearly every sport so it's worth saying again: thank goodness our players are not as soft as our fans.

Tissue paper
BigDog12
A&M should have a decided schematic advantage, but I think playing in the SEC SEC SEC wears the team down unlike playing in the Big 12
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Should be obvious that they have a really good coach. Ours is just okay.
cheeky
AG
Our chances of escaping a regional in Lubbock are very thin.
W
AG
yes, like I've been posting for a while...the Lubbock regional is not a favorable one for A&M. Tech is 14-7 vs. the top 50 and 28-12 vs. the top 100. They are good.

the Ags and their weak offense need to be in a regional with a non-national seed like Baylor or Arizona
farmrag
agneck said:

I don't get it.
That title is wrong in so many ways.
MaroonStain
AG
AGGIELAND OUTFITTERS
TempleAg97
AG
Well, you're taking a snap shot. Tech doesn't have much of a baseball history. You can spin it to support either side. The Ags beat their All American 9-0 THIS YEAR the only time we played them. Also Tech missed a regional all together for a decade until very recently.

By the way, the season is not over yet. It looks bad right now. But what if the Ags win tonight, get on a postseason roll and go to Omaha and tceh flops. Likely? No. More than possible? Yep. Let it play out and then whine.
HoustonAg2106
AG
TempleAg97 said:

Well, you're taking a snap shot. Tech doesn't have much of a baseball history. You can spin it to support either side. The Ags beat their All American 9-0 THIS YEAR the only time we played them. Also Tech missed a regional all together for a decade until very recently.

By the way, the season is not over yet. It looks bad right now. But what if the Ags win tonight, get on a postseason roll and go to Omaha and tceh flops. Likely? No. More than possible? Yep. Let it play out and then whine.
Thank you! People act like the season is over and this team is just going to roll over and die in the postseason. We may be struggling right now but there is no doubt this team has talent and if they find a way to get it going they can still do something special.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Is three years a snapshot? The fact is their coach hasn't been there long, but has gotten them to Omaha twice and is set up for a top 8 seed this year. So I think it's fair to compare the entirety of each coach's tenure and conclude that yes, tech is better than us at baseball. I'd trade coaches with them in a heartbeat.
Canyon99
I have to agree with the poster that mentioned that TT's coach is better than our coach.
TXAggie2011
AG
I agree that we should let the season play out.

I agree that historically, we have the better program.

I agree it's frustrating to watch Tech do what they're doing.
ontheway
AG
My knee jerk using the 3 year snapshot, is the TCEH staff is outworking us and, or, making better decisions on skills of recruits. Or, there staff is better than we are at coaching up their players. All of that is subjective but isn't it strange that RC, BK and KS all have their programs settled into middle of the pack programs. Being in the SEC is a great thing and not to be used as a problem when comparing us to other programs. End of rant
jkag89
The idea that the Aggie baseball program under RC is "middle of the pack" is utterly laughable. Middle of the pack programs are not competing for Natty Seeds in back-to-back seasons like the Ags did in '15 and '16.

While Tadlock's short tenure at tech has been temendous, I think TempleAg's snapshot analogy is fair. One only has to look as far as Tennessee head coach Dave Serrano. There was likely not a hotter head coach in college ball after taking first Cal-Irvine then Fullerton to Omaha in a three season span when hired by the Vols to bring them back to the success they enjoyed from the mid-90s to the mid-00s.
Skull Session
Because, we got Rob-bed by Bill Byrne.
Captain Pablo
AG
TempleAg97 said:

Ain't no "snap shot"

They have been to 2 of the last 3 CWS, and are set to be a national seed again this year
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

The idea that the Aggie baseball program under RC is "middle of the pack" is utterly laughable. Middle of the pack programs are not competing for Natty Seeds in back-to-back seasons like the Ags did in '15 and '16.

While Tadlock's short tenure at tech has been temendous, I think TempleAg's snapshot analogy is fair. One only has to look as far as Tennessee head coach Dave Serrano. There was likely not a hotter head coach in college ball after taking first Cal-Irvine then Fullerton to Omaha in a three season span when hired by the Vols to bring them back to the success they enjoyed from the mid-90s to the mid-00s.

No, Temple's "snap shot" analogy is ridiculous

4 years is not a "snapshot"
B-1 83
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Coaching.
No worries. One of these days, one of our talented posters will get that long awaited call from the athletic department and *BOOM!* a national championship is in the bag.
AB2
AG
Tech caught upsets in the opposite bracket of their regional the last two years, bringing much weaker teams to Lubbock for a trip to Omaha. Tech clearly won both, but didn't exactly dominate either one.

In A&M's 7 Supers, that's has never happened. Not once.

So if "Omaha is all and nothing else matters" is your stance, then you should get your guns up. Otherwise, tap the brakes just a bit for now.

jkag89
Dave Serrano had six straight years of excellence at Irvine and Fullerton. His Vols teams only finished above the 6th spot in the SEC East once in his six seasons at Tennessee.
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

Dave Serrano had six straight years of excellence at Irvine and Fullerton. His Vols teams only finished above the 6th spot in the SEC East once in his six seasons at Tennessee.

Get back to me when Tadlock tanks, or when Childress has 6 straight years of excellence
Captain Pablo
AG
AB2 said:

Tech caught upsets in the opposite bracket of their regional the last two years, bringing much weaker teams to Lubbock for a trip to Omaha. Tech clearly won both, but didn't exactly dominate either one.

In A&M's 7 Supers, that's has never happened. Not once.

So if "Omaha is all and nothing else matters" is your stance, then you should get your guns up. Otherwise, tap the brakes just a bit for now.

Losers whine about tough competition

Winners go out and **** the prom queen

BTW, Omaha matters... why wouldn't it?

I don't need to get my guns up to realize that

jkag89
Captain Pablo said:

jkag89 said:

Get back to me when Tadlock tanks, or when Childress has 6 straight years of excellence
Tadlock hasn't had six years of excellence. The season between the tards Omaha runs they failed to make the dance. Tadlock very well may be an elite coach, IMO it is still too early in his tenure to annoint him the next Bertman, Augie or even Schloss.
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

Captain Pablo said:

jkag89 said:

Tadlock hasn't had six years of excellence. The season between the tards Omaha runs they failed to make the dance. Tadlock very well may be an elite coach, IMO it is still too early in his tenure to annoint him the next Bertman, Augie or even Schloss.

I didnt say he's had 6 years of excellence

But he hasn't tanked yet, like your irrelevant example

Until he does, then your comparison is meaningless

On the other hand, Childress has been here for 12 years, and has absolutely NOT had six straight years of excellence... not even close.

And THAT is a more than adequate sample size

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.