First time visitor to Blue Bell Park

11,249 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
Rebfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm joining my daughter who is a freshman at A&M for the baseball game on Saturday. I have Gen Admission/Lawn tickets but I was wondering what I needed to bring. Do I need to bring chairs? If I can do that, can I bring a cooler with drinks and food? Also if coolers can be brought in, is beer allowed?

Sorry for the basic questions and I thank you in advance for the responses.
src94
AG
NO beer, no food , no coolers, no chairs, no soup for you! Only what you can fit in a 6"x12"x12" clear bag. Bring a blanket, but they will make you unfold it and take it apart by the seams to make sure you are not bringing in any food that is better than the $$$$$ crap they peddle at the concession stands.
Mr.Ackar07
You can bring an unopened bottle of water
Capt. America
AG
All of those things you asked about...

...you will not need them.
Rebfan
Thank you. I wasn't sure what was allowed. I plan on wearing an Aggie shirt and Ole Miss hat and will be cheering for the home team to destroy Mississippi State!
Farmer1906
AG
If you get there early enough you can sit in sections 202 and 203.

histag10
AG
I wouldn't suggest doing this with an Ole Miss hat on...
Capt. America
AG
Rebfan said:

Thank you. I wasn't sure what was allowed. I plan on wearing an Aggie shirt and Ole Miss hat and will be cheering for the home team to destroy Mississippi State!
Heck, if you get here early enough, join the hecklers up in 202 and 203. Just remember no momma jokes, no twinkies, and police yourself.
dermdoc
AG
Rebfan said:

I would strongly suggest getting there early enough to sit in 202/203 if it is your first time to Olsen/Blue Bell. Worth the extra hour for the experience imho.

And welcome, howdy, and BTHO State!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
histag10 said:

Why not? Common enemy this weekend.
PlanoAg98
AG
I would recommend get a pair of reserved seats off Flash Seats. I just check and a the cheapest reserved pair of tickets is $75 total. Another recommendation is to check Flash Seats just before the game. People lower their listed tickets even more. A few weeks back I got a pair of club seats just after 1st pitch for $20/each.
twk
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I would recommend get a pair of reserved seats off Flash Seats. I just check and a the cheapest reserved pair of tickets is $75 total. Another recommendation is to check Flash Seats just before the game. People lower their listed tickets even more. A few weeks back I got a pair of club seats just after 1st pitch for $20/each.
If you can't get there early enough to get real seats in 202 or 203, and sitting on the grass does not appeal to you, then you should definitely register for a Flash Seats account, and at least check what is on offer shortly before game time.
dermdoc
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Even better idea.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
histag10 said:

That's not a problem. You might get teased a bit, but you'll fit right in if you're heckling State.
ensign_beedrill
AG
src94 said:

NO beer, no food , no coolers, no chairs, no soup for you! Only what you can fit in a 6"x12"x12" clear bag. Bring a blanket, but they will make you unfold it and take it apart by the seams to make sure you are not bringing in any food that is better than the $$$$$ crap they peddle at the concession stands.
They oughtta' post this exact message outside the stadium.
PlanoAg98
AG
Another reason to check Flash Seats after the game has begun. The food in the club sections is much better than that in the concession stands. Plus they sell alcohol in the club.

My advice, buy a GA ticket now. Enter the stadium and wait for first pitch. There's plenty of standing room on top of the 100 sections. After first pitch, open Flash Seats and buy the best tickets at your price point. You'll probably have to go back to the gate to get the tickets printed so you can walk down to your seats. They check tickets at most 100 level sections.
kpro
AG
Do people sell tickets before the game, outside of the ballpark?
75AG
AG
kpro said:

Haven't seen that since the police showed up with their attack dog.
twk
AG
kpro said:

The professional scalpers from Houston don't show up for a run of the mill game. Most sellers would rather use Flash.
brainman5000
AG
Learn all the first names of State's pitchers. And base coaches. And then find them in the parking lot and beat them with cowbells. (I'm joking, for legal purposes.)
Jock 07
AG
So the days of smuggling in freebirds burritos are gone?
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I just stuff the Freebird burrito down my pant leg. When they ask what's that, I just smile and tell them to ask the ladies of Aggieland.
aeroag14
AG
Jock 07 said:

Meh, I used to carry in a light jacket "for when the sun set" or "because my girlfriend gets cold easily" that had a few beers stuffed in the pockets.

I mean, what is baseball without beer?
ensign_beedrill
AG
If you really want to, you can find a way.
Mr.Ackar07
aeroag14 said:

Jock 07 said:

Meh, I used to carry in a light jacket "for when the sun set" or "because my girlfriend gets cold easily" that had a few beers stuffed in the pockets.

I mean, what is baseball without beer?

Just an FYI, they've been making you shake out jackets and blankets before entering.
aeroag14
AG
Quote:

Just an FYI, they've been making you shake out jackets and blankets before entering.
histag10
AG

It's called The WineRack bra
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.