What's happened to after-game traffic control

5,772 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ_90
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gameday Traffic Guy said:

Let me answer again
We have that covered. I cant go back in time.
Thank you. I must have missed where you said that intersection would be covered on weeknight games.
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
trouble said:

Yes but the fences are still awful

And to be clear, I was super annoyed with them during football season as well.

I understand the fence dislike. If I can convince you to walk a little farther on the sidewalk to where we have officers, you'll have an easier time.
CharlieBrown17
AG

trouble said:

I understand the fence dislike. If I can convince you to walk a little farther on the sidewalk to where we have officers, you'll have an easier time.

I tried to cross at the intersection with officers for baseball and was told to follow the fence down to the cross walk in front of the track....Where there aren't officers.
BQ_90
AG
If there isn't traffic/pedestrian control after the game why is there a need for it before the game? Doesn't make any sense to have without the other.
75AG
AG
BQ_90 said:

If there isn't traffic/pedestrian control after the game why is there a need for it before the game? Doesn't make any sense to have without the other.

They can't collect their $5 per car fee after the game
trouble
AG
I'd think it would be more needed post game when everyone is trying to leave at once. But what do I know....
AFDave13
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

BQ_90 said:

They spent the money on the cop telling everyone to use the sidewalk before the game

Along with the 100 ft of fencing to make you go down and use the cross walk.

We all managed to live without it before dammit.
That fence pisses me off every damn game! I get there so early there's no traffic & I still can't cross the street!
AFDave13
AG

trouble said:

No, I won't...Tell your people to use their brains for a second and realize that when I want to cross the street when there is ZERO traffic to let me because I'll be in more danger walking 100ft behind some barricade like cattle to let traffic build up rather than making the move across the street when no cars are anywhere around. I apologize for the run on sentence.
sellthefarm
AG
Don't know anything about the fence issue...my main issue was coming out of the Reed Lot onto Tom Chandler. This was a dangerous situation and not because I'm impatient. With 10 people crossing at once, a car could easily think that all the pedestrian are waiting on him, so the car starts to move and out runs a six year old between mom and dads legs. That could easily happen at that intersection without someone there to manage the situation.

Another solution would be to barricade that exit up by Reed and not even let cars out of that exit. That would solve another, equally as dangerous, problem as well. The intersection of Tom Chandler and Penberthy is not a 4 way stop. So after I almost hit someone turning right onto Tom Chandler from Reed, I then had to basically force my vehicle into a steady line of traffic going 25 mph. I really had no other option, other than wait 20 minutes for the entire back Reed lot to empty.

Obviously I learned my lesson and will do it differently next time to avoid these pinch points, but every game will be someone's first game, or first time parking at Reed.

My 2 cents...though usually it's worth alot more than that
jah003
S
AFDave13 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

BQ_90 said:

They spent the money on the cop telling everyone to use the sidewalk before the game

That fence pisses me off every damn game! I get there so early there's no traffic & I still can't cross the street!
I feel like I should legally be allowed to cross at a crosswalk right? I might just start walking across next time and see what they do... #rebel
YellowPot_97
AG
Not letting anyone cross at the four way intersection forces traffic to stop twice now. They have to stop at "official" crossing and the intersection. Instead of just the intersection like it had been for the past decade. Causes more of a traffic back up.
AFDave13
AG
jah003 said:

AFDave13 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

BQ_90 said:

I feel like I should legally be allowed to cross at a crosswalk right? I might just start walking across next time and see what they do... #rebel
I tried....The parking attendant guy standing in the middle of the street literally would not let me. He guy stepped in front of me with no cars around and shuffled his feet laterally as I tried to get past him. I quickly gave in and kept quiet because my better judgement kicked in before I caused something I didn't want to.

Maybe the trick was on me because he really knows how absurd this rule is and is practicing Abraham Lincon's quote of "The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."
Joe Schillaci 48
AG

were able to get out of parking lots without mayhem for many years before we began working traffic.

Gig 'em
Gameday Traffic Guy
GdTG, do you read what you write?

So, tell us again why we need another government worker........... with an attitude.
The Debt
If it pleases the crown may I walk through thine lot?
AggieJason
AG
I was surprised with the overwhelming (and unnecessary) traffic control yesterday. I was not a fan. Took me twice as long to get off campus. What's the point in that?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Not that it's an issue often but for basketball games when Reed is near full, it takes a ridiculously long time to get out of Olsen. The last two times I've parked there for basketball it has taken 20+ minutes to just get out of the parking lot. People working the more kept letting other sides go when no one was backed up there and there would be hundreds of cars waiting to get out of Olsen.
AFDave13
AG
No post game traffic control and I crossed the street successfully and there's no traffic in sight
BQ_90
AG
Also seems like they figured out people were parking free in H lot and now are charging to park there.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.