This Weekend in the SEC (2/23 - 2/26)

6,892 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bocephus
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wow, one of the Ags' periodic opponents, Illinois-Chicago, beats Vanderbilt again and wins the series
PhatMack19
AG
W said:

all 6 teams in the Classic next weekend will have gaudy W-L records
#1 TCU(6-1)

#5 LSU(7-1)

#11 Texas Tech(8-1)

#16 Texas A&M(6-1)

#17 Ole Miss(7-0)

Baylor(8-0) could be ranked tomorrow

There may be 3 CWS teams in the field next weekend.
jkag89
Sunday Top 25
Samford 4 - #3 Florida St. 13
Austin Peay 7 - #6 North Carolina St. 3
Ohio St. 1 - #8 Oregon St. 5
Radford 5 - #9 North Carolina 7
Omaha 0 - #10 Louisville 6
#12 Fullerton 4 - Nevada-Las Vegas 1
#13 ULaLa 3 - Sam Houston St . 8
Rutgers 2 - #14 Virginia 18
McNeese St. 5 - #15 Arizona 12
LaSalle 1 - #18 East Carolina 12
George Mason 8 - #19 Coastal Carolina 9
Kansas 2 - #20 Stanford 4
Elon 0 - #22 Clemson 3
LSU Baseball Fan
Great weekend overall for the SEC. Florida and Ole Miss get huge sweeps against quality opponents. Even Tennessee went 3-0 in the Dodger Classic. The Houston tournament will be worth the money. All 6 teams are great.

Other than the little hiccup to UNO where our weekday bullpen just collapsed, LSU has gotten off to a great start. Greg Deichmann will be a monster this year. He hit two 450+ foot homers this week and it hasn't even warmed up yet. His bat speed is terrifying,
jkag89
The Good of this SEC weekend was definitely Florida & Ole Miss although I think both Mizzou & Tennessee deserve a mention for their performances at the respective tournaments in which they played. Of course Poche almost pitching back-to-back no-nos must have been a thrill for LSU fans.

The Bad goes to Vandy & USCe. Such highly ranked teams should not falter to such middling at best teams at home.

The Ugly goes to Bama. I know ORU is a good team from a lower conference that makes regular trips as a #4 Seed to the the NCAAs , but getting swept at home has to sting. Ouch!

Next weekend's slate of games should be even more fun with the Shriners Classic at Minute Maid topping the bill. However there is also South Carolina/Clemson, the Hogs at the Frisco Tournament and MSU traveling to the Pacific Northwest to face Oregon.
Sea Gull
AG
If we can somehow take 2 out of 3 this weekend, I'll be happy. I've watched Tech and TCU, and their starters are as good as it gets. Runs will be at a premium this weekend for the Ags. And if our starters mess around and walk guys, it's going to cost us. Both teams seem to be excellent at producing runs.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see 1-2. I just don't know if our lineup is going to be able to hit their starting pitching. This is a big weekend for the Ags. We will need all hands on deck. We won't be able to outlast them like we did Pepperdine yesterday.
Bocephus
AG
Duck Patrol said:

If we can somehow take 2 out of 3 this weekend, I'll be happy. I've watched Tech and TCU, and their starters are as good as it gets. Runs will be at a premium this weekend for the Ags. And if our starters mess around and walk guys, it's going to cost us. Both teams seem to be excellent at producing runs.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see 1-2. I just don't know if our lineup is going to be able to hit their starting pitching. This is a big weekend for the Ags. We will need all hands on deck. We won't be able to outlast them like we did Pepperdine yesterday.

If our seniors step up and play like seniors, we will be fine.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.