Memo to students: This is NOT a home game

8,085 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bondag
ProudAg16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I have a buddy that plays at TCU and he said no walk ups, videos, etc. are allowed in the regionals, but it goes back to normal for the supers. That would explain last year at Lupton.
Actually your buddy is wrong. Nothing changes for a super in terms of music, videos, etc. It's an NCAA event and is thus "impartial", just like regionals.

Thanks for pointing this out after I already cleared this up, as did Jason Cook. You didn't know any differently until just now
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have a buddy that plays at TCU and he said no walk ups, videos, etc. are allowed in the regionals, but it goes back to normal for the supers. That would explain last year at Lupton.
Actually your buddy is wrong. Nothing changes for a super in terms of music, videos, etc. It's an NCAA event and is thus "impartial", just like regionals.

Thanks for pointing this out after I already cleared this up, as did Jason Cook. You didn't know any differently until just now
Actually I looked up the rules last week but yes I should have reviewed the thread before posting. My mistake.
TxAgg07
AG
What about TCU's frog horn? Is it allowed because it's outside the stadium?
Gigemchicken90
AG
I know in the past we have played the 'appropriate' walk up song as the between inning song. Specifically I remember BIG JOHN. Now I'm showing my age.
Bondag
AG
quote:
I know in the past we have played the 'appropriate' walk up song as the between inning song. Specifically I remember BIG JOHN. Now I'm showing my age.
I think we played Gideons during a mound visit or pitching change in the Cal Sunday game last year
tgray99
AG
quote:
Typical BDF team. Rules never apply to them. I'm sure their AD being on the committee got them permission.

Pretty sure he was our AD at the time. But yes, he was on the committee & by recusing himself, we got screwed & his alma mater was rewarded. So glad he's gone.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
quote:
Typical BDF team. Rules never apply to them. I'm sure their AD being on the committee got them permission.

Pretty sure he was our AD at the time. But yes, he was on the committee & by recusing himself, we got screwed & his alma mater was rewarded. So glad he's gone.

TCU didn't get our national seed Missouri State did. TCU had a very good resume last year.
trouble
AG
quote:
quote:

UNC Chapel Hill was rewarded?
fightintxag13
AG
Rick usually does good about playing a key player's walk up song between innings or mound visits. Last year he played Gideon's song during a mound visit in the Sunday game against Cal because Gideon was coming to the plate as a pinch hitter. On Friday, I noticed he played Moroney's song at the end of the inning that he hit his 2 run HR.
KSigAg12
AG
To their credit, they played the War Hymn when we took the field last year as well, if I remember right.
KSigAg12
AG
It was last year.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
Sounds like all we need is a big ass sound system near Olsen and a couple redass Ags.
HToady
quote:
quote:
TCU had their little cheerleader girls and their big Frog fog horn deal that they blew whenever they scored.
Cheerleaders are allowed. You can also have a band.

I'm not sure the "Frog Horn" was supposed to be there.

I don't believe I have ever seen a band at any college baseball game. I guess because of summer.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

TCU didn't get our national seed Missouri State did. TCU had a very good resume last year.

And Hyman had to recuse himself whenever A&M came up.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
TCU had their little cheerleader girls and their big Frog fog horn deal that they blew whenever they scored.

I don't believe I have ever seen a band at any college baseball game. I guess because of summer.

I'm not sure I have either, but just saying it would be allowed.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Could the FTAB march during the 7th inning stretch?
Gigemchicken90
AG
That high school in Austin had a band one time when I was there. Maybe around 97-98. About 20 or so players set up in a jazz band type setting.
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Could the FTAB march during the 7th inning stretch?

We need a band that can learn all the walk up songs by Friday/ Saturday.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.