Did Childress have choice words for Schloss afterwards

46,041 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Justice Beaver
Paul Biegler, Esq.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
The Frogs know they have won (and gotten under the skin of some Ags) when football records from 20-30 years ago are brought up in a baseball thread. When did this place turn into OB?
I think it's been referred to a lot because it's why most TCU people hate Texas A&M just in general. I was born and raised in Fort Worth and come from an extremely TCU heavy family - both parents, 2 grandparents, 2 cousins and both aunts and uncles are all TCU. My brother and I plus a grandfather are the Aggies in the bunch.

They've never gotten over what A&M did to them for decades in the SWC. I think it's just the easiest way for us to get under their skin right back.
How many people in the same family have to pay private school tuition for a regional, average school when better public options for far less are available? I don't have any problem with TCU; in fact, I used to live within walking distance of the campus. But I've never understood why the hell anyone would pay that kind of money to go to a school like that.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Frogs have ended Aggie baseball season twice in the last 4 years. but somehow 20 year old football is what makes you feel better. Understandable.
What are you talking about? It doesn't bother me at all. You seem to think it "means" something. TCU won last night in the 16th inning at home on an error in a 3 game series. A smart person would realize that that's just how the cards fall sometimes and both teams could have won. TCU isn't better than A&M because they won the game last night. I wouldn't declare A&M better than TCU if the reverse had been true.

As far as football, TCU had a good year last year after 2 terrible ones. They also play in the weakest conference in the country that has literally less than half of the NFL talent and literally less than half of the elite recruits of the conference we play in. That requires a hell of a lot more depth to compete in. Puffing your chest out like TCU is now some elite power after going 11-15 IN THE BIG 12 (the weakest major conference in the country) in the first 2 years is pretty hilarious.
dfphotos
lolwut?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
lolwut?
You paid how much for an education and didn't come out the other end with basic reading comprehension skills? Must be a REALLY tough school to get into.
Rocco S
Shouldn't TCU be thanking us for their hand me down spot in the big 12?
Boxer
Why is it that schools like purple baylor, tard baylor, and baylor always seem to have little dick syndrome?
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Frogs know they have won (and gotten under the skin of some Ags) when football records from 20-30 years ago are brought up in a baseball thread. When did this place turn into OB?
I think it's been referred to a lot because it's why most TCU people hate Texas A&M just in general. I was born and raised in Fort Worth and come from an extremely TCU heavy family - both parents, 2 grandparents, 2 cousins and both aunts and uncles are all TCU. My brother and I plus a grandfather are the Aggies in the bunch.

They've never gotten over what A&M did to them for decades in the SWC. I think it's just the easiest way for us to get under their skin right back.
How many people in the same family have to pay private school tuition for a regional, average school when better public options for far less are available? I don't have any problem with TCU; in fact, I used to live within walking distance of the campus. But I've never understood why the hell anyone would pay that kind of money to go to a school like that.
It's baffling to me as well. I had zero interest in going there (partially because grandfather brainwashed me to be an Ag and partially the ridiculous costs) and it makes me cringe thinking about how much money some of my blood relatives poured into that education. I guess if you've got money to throw around, I can see the allure as an out of towner - Fort Worth is a fantastic city and if you don't want the "college town" experience and prefer a big city, then it's probably a great fit. But I know a LOT of people who I grew up with from K-12 who went to TCU and still live in Fort Worth. The bubble is strong I suppose.
95_Aggie
AG
Aggies (fans) don't take losses very well.
amercer
AG
quote:
Aggies (fans) don't take losses very well.

No burning couches or cars though. We internalize
95_Aggie
AG
This is true ... and we eat our own.
Rocco S
RC should've had choice words for him when it happened. Or better yet, done the same thing to them in the next inning.
Jimma
Maybe LSU will return the favor and have the TCU pitcher's glove checked as payback for messing with an SEC team.
Yell Practice
It was an act of desperation, IMO.
Ag 11
AG
It was chicken sh*t
annie88
AG
quote:
Using purple or baylor in a derogatory way means absolutely nothing, in fact, laughable.

I agree with this. It's like others calling us a g g y. Who cares?

In fact I can't figure out why Texags even bans a g g y.

Never met one Aggie it bothers and if I did I wouldn't understand why.
Busdriver99
AG
Who cares if he wanted to disrupt Hendrix's rythmn? He was desperate to slow it
down. He looks foolish enough. It's baseball, and I don't think it affected anyone...

It was a great game. Ags could've won. No need to play the moral high ground card...
Goodfield Nohit
It's gamesmanship. There is nothing wrong with it. Using anything you can within the rules to try to win a game. Some of y'all are wound way too tight.

If Childress had done something like that, and it worked to A&M's benefit, you would be puffing your bird chests out like mofos.
TexasRebel
AG
A head coach had better have damn good cause for accusing a player of cheating.
swimmerbabe11
This thread is making a mountain out of a mole hill imo
GoAgs92
AG
after the game Childress said, "why didn't I think of that?"
PabloSerna
AG
Bush league move was the first thing that came to my mind. Dude was humming along and he sensed that something, anything, needed to happen. Kudos for the jumping in and ignoring baseball etiquette. He just lucky George Brett wasn't pitching, LOL.

Also, TCU 'did something' about their situation. Weather we like it or not, accusing the pitcher of pine tar, or running through a stop trying to score, TCU .... took it to us. I will give them credit for that. We kinda waited for a call or watched too many balls for a strike. I know there are two ways to approach the game - aggressive or 'let it come to you'- well, looks like TCU's approach worked.

So, good luck TCU. You will need it against LSU. That will be a great pitching match up.

-GIG'EM!!

Muy
AG
quote:
Shouldn't TCU be thanking us for their hand me down spot in the big 12?

Exactly, their lack of appreciation for letting them step up to a less pos conference is upsetting to say the least.
Elastrator
quote:
A head coach had better have damn good cause for accusing a player of cheating.
This I think is the real issue, it's not something that should just be thrown around.
zagman
AG
Low Classless move by a jerk tcu coach who lost a lot of creditability after the move. The stunt will not be forgotten by more than just Texas A&M Coaches.

Low class coach representing a Christian School.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Agsroll
AG
quote:
Glove checkSchlossnagle said he asked the umpire to check for a foreign substance on the glove of Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Hendrix."I've coached a few guys who had great breaking balls, who would maybe come up with a little pine tar here and there to help them get a little bit of a grip on a night like today," Schlossnagle said. "I hated to do that. He kept going to the back of his mitt."Schlossnagle said it's the first time in his career he's asked for that."I asked the umpire a couple of innings before, and he didn't want to do it," Schlossnagle said. "Eventually, my job I work at TCU, and my job is to represent the best interests of TCU. And so I just wanted him to check. Ryan's a great pitcher, and no disrespect. That's my job."
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html
TexasRebel
AG
I'm already walking your batters and you want me to check his glove because you're striking out too much? [/Savage]
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
."I've coached a few guys who had great breaking balls, who would maybe come up with a little pine tar here and there to help them get a little bit of a grip on a night like today," Schlossnagle
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html

So he's saying that he's coached his players to cheat. Shocking.
PlayToWin2000
AG
There should be some sort of punishment for the coach who asks the ump to check, and the ump doesn't find anything. It's ridiculous.
tamc12
AG
TCU was only in the super regional because NC State looked like someone doped their Gatorade in the 8th. Became a complete clown show. Maybe Shloss should be questioned about that. TCU sure did not earn that win.
Only he could come up with questioning the integrity of our pitcher because he was doing so well. What a joke of a man, spineless jack. He should be embarrassed.
I hope at the coaches meeting at the CWS the other coaches either give him a cold shoulder and refuse to even speak to him or give him the hell he deserves. I hope they question every pitcher he puts in the game. Maybe he has his pitchers using the pine tar, otherwise, why would he even come up with that idea that ours was. Pathetic excuse of a coach, no integrity. Don't ever remember a college coach using that low class move, accusing a opposing pitcher of cheating. I think its Schloss that has his team cheating. Guilty dogs bark.

I hope LSU whips their butts relentlessly.

swimmerbabe11
And the mole hill became mount everest.
tamc12
AG
quote:
This thread is making a mountain out of a mole hill imo
Of course, you would think that, because integrity apparently means nothing.

A grown man, accusing a young man, really good college pitcher of cheating means nothing in front of his team, MLB scouts, the 7,000 in attendance, and national television. I am sure you would appreciate your integrity being questioned in front of all of those people.

You should be embarrassed for that excuse of a spineless man, that the only thing he could come up with is to accuse Ryan Hendrix of cheating.
Aston04
AG
Here's my question. Do you guys think Childress played that right? Should he have gone out there right away and gone ape-sh*t on the TCU coach, in a hope to get our guys out of their funk (and give that ahole a piece of his mind).. Or staying calm in the dugout was the right play? I'm kinda torn on it. It did work that half inning, but that may have been just what we could have used to rally behind...
TexasRebel
AG
I thought Hendrix shook it off well.
mid90
AG
quote:
Here's my question. Do you guys think Childress played that right? Should he have gone out there right away and gone ape-sh*t on the TCU coach, in a hope to get our guys out of their funk (and give that ahole a piece of his mind).. Or staying calm in the dugout was the right play? I'm kinda torn on it. It did work that half inning, but that may have been just what we could have used to rally behind...

If I was out there on the mound with the opposing coach accusing me of cheating, I sure as hell would want my coach to come out and have my back.

I'm not saying RC is a bad coach for not coming out, but I wish he would have
TexasRebel
AG
A breach of etiquette like that is unprecedented... Might've been off guard, might've decided not to stoop to that level... Could've meant ejection, and those days are past.

It's fine that he didn't make a fuss about it. That part made Snuffleupagus look that much more ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.