Are the sips paying for celebrity shoutouts?

1,992 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by runforit
txaggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems forced and like they didn't feel like they were getting enough attention

Alex580
AG
This happens every time they are good. People you didn't think cared at all about college football suddenly have 20 different longhorn T shirts and act like the biggest Texas fans when you have never heard them talk about them once.
Crocs
AG
Two washed B-Listers

SHOW DRAKE IN THE JOHNNY JERSEY
ProphAC
AG
Of course the OP even knows this. I have no idea what celebrities follow Texas nor do I care.
juanyfutbol
So you think they paid two washed up celebrities for a simple tweet?
ag94whoop
AG
Sips have the best marketing machine in American sports.
It's who they are. Lots of pizzazz whether there is substance or not so when they actually ARE good the mass of talk explodes.

It's a major weakness A&M has always had. We don't control the narrative or the media nearly enough. Other schools have lots of influence…Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, USC…but none hold a candle to the sips media prowess. The SEC marketing people will love having them and the schools will learn why nobody wants to have them around. Social media was ready made for their marketing machine and they are doing a great job taking advantage.

A school with the kind of former student numbers and money that A&M has should truly be leveraging similar activity and force but we just having learned how yet as a whole.
greg01
Miranda probably only cares because Shelton is an Oklahoma guy. Reba hurts a little more. We need to get George Strait to make an internet presence for us now.
tn_ags
AG
juanyfutbol said:

Do you think "allright allright allright" is free? He may be. I don't know. But the idea of clueless celebrity endorsements sure fits the sip vibe.
SQ5 ‘80
RMG93
Reba's from Oklahoma
missinAggieland
AG
RMG93 said:

Reba's from Oklahoma

But in her show they frequently wore Longhorn crap. I don't know the ties, and don't care to.
Leto Agtreides II
AG
Dua Lipa put on a sip jersey at ACL last night… somehow still looked good
Stupe
S
juanyfutbol said:

Do you think that they wouldn't?
20ag07
Quote:

Reba's from Oklahoma
Her boyfriend is a huge texas fan.
Stupe
S
Alex580 said:

This happens every time they are good. People you didn't think cared at all about college football suddenly have 20 different longhorn T shirts and act like the biggest Texas fans when you have never heard them talk about them once.

It's celebrities in general. They will always jump on what is trendy in their little world.

Look at everyone that was on TV last year when Colorado played Oregon because the flash was still on Sanders.

Where were they after that?
txaggie2012
AG
Leto Agtreides II said:

I mean at least you can chalk that up to playing to the crowd at a live event. But you're gonna tell me Reba and Miranda took time out of their day to put some gear on and take a group photo and post at similar times…. Riiiiight
Alex580
AG
tn_ags said:

juanyfutbol said:

Do you think "allright allright allright" is free? He may be. I don't know. But the idea of clueless celebrity endorsements sure fits the sip vibe.
McConaughey actually graduated from TU so he is a legit fan and not a T shirt fan.

Mr. Doubtfire
Leto Agtreides II said:

she's sexy
AgRyan04
greg01 said:

Miranda probably only cares because Shelton is an Oklahoma guy. Reba hurts a little more. We need to get George Strait to make an internet presence for us now.

I love George as much as anyone, but when he said that concert was the first time he had ever been to Kyle Field I was shocked and a little disappointed....and doesn't give me good vibes he would care enough to do a media blitz for us
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
runforit
AG
With Reba in their corner, recruiting will take off to another level. We should immediately reach out to Joe Diffie to counter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.