Mississippi is Underrated

7,014 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SECNetworkAg
Synopsis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I moved here temporarily as part of my work. I have to say The Magnolia State Is God's Country, in my opinion. North if Jackson in Madison, which is one of the more beautiful cities I've lived in an and I've lived all over the place.

I know this could have been posted somewhere else, but there's a reason the SEC is so great. The South is the best part of the US, I absolutely love Mississippi. Some of the nicest and most decent people I've ever met in my life appear to live here.
GSPag`
Get back to us after a night time visit to Greenville, Clarksdale, or Tchula.
themadmatter
We lived in Madison (Lake Caroline) 2015-2018. Great town and people. Great location for hitting some away games for the Ags. Good land is cheap and nearby, great for hunting.
Kill Switch
My family comes from that area, I was never a fan of any place in Mississippi, but then I'm a huge fan of the Rocky Mountains. Give me any place in Colorado and I will take it every time.
Synopsis
GSPag` said:

Get back to us after a night time visit to Greenville, Clarksdale, or Tchula.

The are bad areas, sure. But this is a beautiful area and the people are great. I'm sure that you're being factual about those areas and I appreciate your advice.

PS. Madison is fantastic and I doubt anyone would disagree. Madison is like Southlake, Texas on steroids.
Synopsis
themadmatter said:

We lived in Madison (Lake Caroline) 2015-2018. Great town and people. Great location for hitting some away games for the Ags. Good land is cheap and nearby, great for hunting.

I'll be here for awhile. If any Aggies are in the area for games later this year, ping me and I would like to join you for a couple of beers.
Agvet12
AG
Gulfport ruined Mississippi for me, and now I hate the entire state
Synopsis
I love it here. It's awesome, but I live in Madison and haven't gotten out a whole lot.
cajunken
If you like deer hunting, there is no state better than Mississippi.
TXAGGIES
I moved to Oxford about a year ago.
67walkon
Moved over to Ridgeland MS 11 years ago. Love it over here and I am a diehard Texan. Special Place, on the upswing with great people.
TERRY L
Hey now!!!
I grew up in Greenville and my mom is still there.
Loved growing up there on the river. You just don't have any business being out roaming around after dark unless you're going to Does to eat.
Dixie
S
Born in Tupelo and still here. As original poster stated, Madison is a great area but if you want a smaller city surrounded by rural area, Tupelo is also a well kept secret. I live on a major waterway system where hunting/fishing and recreational boating activities abound. Largest hospital (650 bed) in nation in non-metropolitan area. Lots of good people here.

That said as another poster relayed, I love the mountains and head out to Wyoming, Montana, or Colorado every time I'm off. Looking for a cabin out there to spend my summers when I retire. With my cottage here on on waterway and cabin in Montana, I'd have the best of all worlds!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
My dads side of the family is from Amory. Right down the road from you
cottonpatchag
AG
The security guard at Does recently passed away. It wont be the same pulling up anymore without him.
12thmanfootball
AG
I'll second what the gentleman said about Tupelo. It is a hidden gem, great people, business climate and education.
SECNetworkAg
fake news
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.