Hogville Forum comments...

8,398 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Synopsis
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Priceless...Hogville
Windy City Ag
AG
The Morris seat is so much hotter than I ever expected and it warmed up so much more quickly than I expected. I thought he would meander through four or five years breaking even, recruiting enough flash skill players to make games interesting, and eventually being moved along for mediocrity.

Flying home to watch your boy the night before a game in your first year at a new program is dumb . . just bad optics. Hiring Chavis was a big head-scratcher. Maybe he gets it turned around but it looks bad for the guy at this point. He looks in over his head.

monarch
MaxPower
I dunno. Trying to convert systems that extreme and in a program where every player was recruited for the old system. That's tough. And they were consistently at or near the bottom of SEC West in recruiting. That's no excuse for losing to UNT (whose pretty good actually) but that job wasn't going to be a quick turnaround. They committed to a long process when they went with such an extreme style change.
TX scallywAG
AG
He'll be ok there. He doesn't have "the it factor" though. I can tell by his tone & body language. Those post game pressers are depressing!

Also, Houston has more high school football players than the entire state of Arkansas. Rough recruiting against us within same division now.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
hogfan14
Fans aren't as harsh on him as they were about a month ago. Arkansas clearly has improved and had close games against you guys and Ole Miss, plus scored 31 on Alabama so when the offense gets the right pieces you can see glimpses of how it may be pretty potent in a few years.

Has a really good recruiting class committed (by Arkansas standards, Rivals nearly has it in the top 10) so that's helping him too. Three 4-star receivers in the 6'3-6'5 range and just got the #1 TE.
The Agly Duckling
Good points, hog.
Synopsis
Hogville is actually a pretty decent website/forum. It's no Texags, but it's better than most, including OUs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.