Frank Broyles Passes Away

7,289 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by AGBU 94
BESCo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
T&P for the Broyles family and for the Razorbacks.

http://katv.com/sports/hog-central/frank-broyles-legendary-razorback-coach-and-athletics-director-dies
69huslinone
AG
This man led a dirty and physically tough team. They provided a foe who personally broke the Aggies in the sixties by the numbers of injuries that his team inflicted on us. The numbers of injuries degraded us and cost us victories after we played them by the lingering injuries that we suffered by their brutal play. It was intentional on their part.
AgDotCom
Interesting comment, can you or anyone else give more details? I've been around Aggie football since the 60's as a kid and never heard this.
Shadow of CuervoAg
And I always thought we suffered through the 50s and especially 60s because we were an all male military university during the turbulent anti-military period of the Vietnam war and DKR was stuffing all of the Texas HS talent on t.u.'s JV team just because he could.

Didn't know Broyles and the piggies ever had the effect of degrading our team's level of play over that period to a noticeable degree.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
pilgrim82
AG
Dan Skipper continued that tradition.
AGBU 94
Seems like every coach there has tried to keep that tradition alive. I remember the clip of Myles and several others limping to the locker room. Looked like a mash unit. Dirty players, dirty school..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.