Bringing satellites to tailgates

3,884 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by brotheraggie
AGGIE BAND
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought if I posted here I might not get bombarded with as much crap as I would have over at the Zoo.

I am a DirecTV customer and have for years wanted to get a dish to bring to tailgates. I havent had much luck on the web with details on how to go about it. I'm curious if there are any other Ags (or other fans) who have DirecTV at home and bring a dish out to the parking lot on game day.

Do you have to buy an additional dish?
Is there a cheaper way to buy them not through DirecTV?
If you're a DirecTV customer how much more to they charge for this service?
Is it a real pain in the @zz to set up or is it relatively simple?

And most of all, is it worth it for 6 days a year?

Thanks for any thoughts.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Buy a dish on Craigslist or eBay (make sure it's compatible with your box) and you're set.

Will need a good tripod that can be adjusted to level the dish.

All you need - take your box from home, point it for the new zip code and that's it. There are some mobile apps that show you your specific dish sattelite in the sky.
trutexag89
AG
Directv setup in Spence park each game. Slimline dish with the receiver from my bedroom. You have to do a special receiver setup and probably will need to get B band converter from directv. I called directv and talked to customer service. Told them i was setting up a tv in the back yard for a party and i needed them to help with the setup. Didnt tell them i was traveling and using the service in another town. I wasnt sure what they would say. But now that i know what receiver setup to use it is easy.

Good luck.
Fireman
AG
All you really need is to hook up a Slingbox at your home. No need carrying around a dish and setting it up at your tailgate. You can read more about Slingbox at BigBuy. I recommend the M2.....costs $100 and does everything you want.

All of this assumes you have wifi readily available in your truck or via your phone. If not, you'll have go the dish route. Good luck!
brotheraggie
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.