Les Miles out the door...

6,520 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ScottishFire
CodeRAG11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every year that Les Miles is on the hot seat he finds a way around it. In tiger country fans have already started calling for his head. Predictions on how long it will be before a new coach is in Death Valley...
champagnepapi
0-1.......relax.
RDV-1992
8-4 he is fired. 9-3 on the fence. 10-2 he keeps his job.

I think he's gone at the end of the year.
CodeRAG11
AG
It doesn't matter to me if he stays or leaves. Just wondering thoughts on this. I live in Louisiana- hardcore tiger fans are already calling for his head...
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Art Briles at LSU next year.
Furlock Bones
AG
Les Miles has been an Aggie killer going back to OSU days. I won't shed tears for his departure from the swamp.
lotoarmy
AG
I live in LA. Not even the coonasses are willing to take Briles.
Last of the Old Army
Slwdsm
quote:

I'd be okay with it if they did, we haven't had many problems with him and I love seeing his tears in post game interviews.
CentexAg
AG
quote:
LOL- are you kidding me. Our entire history is 1 corrupt politician after another, we celebrate promiscuous sex in Nawlins and call it the "Big Easy" and take pride in being to booze capital of America. If he comes in starts lighting up the scoreboard we'll make him King of Carnival of life!
rhtexfish
AG
LSU and hermann
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Briles
Satellite of Love
quote:
Les Miles has been an Aggie killer going back to OSU days. I won't shed tears for his departure from the swamp.

He was 2-2 against the Ags while he was the Pokes head coach. Hell even Fran out coached him in stoolwater. At LSU, yes he has had A&M's number.
94 Killer
AG
Lots of churn in the media all blaming Miles and his pending departure. Sounds similar to the week before our game last year. Of course, they're also all talking Herman as the next HC. No matter who they get, unfortunately for us it will be an improvement. They're an elite destination with excellent recruiting resources. Even if they don't get Herman, they'll get a solid leader.
Bison
AG
They said the same about Austin and Chobbit. As well, do not underestimate the power of ADs and BMDs to screw up a search.

It would take a money train to get TH out of Houston if they run the table, and/or Houston gets an invite to the BDF conference. Briles would be cheaper, but #Briles. You could tempt Petrino, but he's got a sweet deal where he is. After that... who? Kiffin??? I think that's a classic case of the Peter Principle at work, he may not be ready for another two-three years.

Now all this rationality has no bearing on reality. Miles is gonna be miles down the road unless he runs the table and beats Bama. 9-3 with a victory over Bama might not be enough to save him, because the third loss would be to a team that either a) is arguably not as good, or b) is us, breaking the streak.

UPDATE: and now we have confirmation that said rationality has left the building: Miles has been fired. The only question is who can they realistically get. You might give Orgeron a shot, but he's already had a stint at Ole Miss and didn't impress.
94 Killer
AG
Orgeron's interim job at USC was awesome. He's an excellent motivator and was able to take a talented Trojan team and get them to win with fundamentals and a simplified scheme. He should have had that job, but ultimately USC wanted a Trojan Man. And subsequently got what they deserved.
ScottishFire
AG
Les always seemed like a good guy and other coaches seemed to be of the same mindset.
And if Chief respects and likes him then I would be a fool to not follow suit.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.