Auburn trip

3,186 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GreatSullysGhost
Pioneer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Relocated to Destin, Florida this year. Si, I am road tripping to Auburn, and possibly Tuscaloosa. Any advice on eating, tailgating, etc at either?
mike073
AG
Pioneer - we stayed in Columbus, Georgia for the Auburn game. There are two very good museums there - the National Civil War Naval Museum and the National Infantry Museum - highly recommend seeing those while in the area.

Used Parkwiz for prepaid parking at both Auburn and Alabama to take that issue off the table.
Gig 'em Aggies!

Ringo88
AG
For planning purposes, you can easily drive down from metro ATL area if hotels are full in game day Auburn. I live in Atlanta, and it's an easy day trip.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
If you are staying in Columbus and have any questions, let me know, I relocated here 2 years ago.

Besides the museums there is also a decent riverfront area, whitewater rafting and zip lining adventures.
aeroag14
AG
I am headed to auburn this year as well.

I went in 2012 as well.

Great place. As far as where to stay, I cant be much help there. We were still students and found some friends place we could crash at.

Here are my big take aways from Auburn:

1) Great people. Truly about the only place where I felt as welcome as I like to think visitors to College Station feel.

2) Very good tailgating. It is kind of spread out all over campus. Unlike A&M where you have a few main areas (Reed, Spence park, Houston Street). If there is a decent patch of grass and a nice tree or shade from building, there is probably a tailgate there. We were invited into many tailgates, stopped had a beer and kept on circulating.

3) War Eagle is pretty cool. Best pregame tradition (besides singing the Spirit with the team on the field) that I have witnessed in college football

4) Jordan Hare is exactly what you think of when you think SEC football. Its big and loud and filled with tradition. It is nothing special in terms of amenities or site lines or aesthetics. But it is certainly a stadium you have to check off the bucket list

5) Downtown Auburn is fun and should be checked out! Think of a smaller version of North Gate that is slightly more quaint. It is literally right across the street from campus. There are a few good resturanrts and some bars (where you can celebrate our win!). Additionally it is across the street from the corner of campus where toombers corner is. So if we do happen to lose, you can go see the toilet paper show.
vansprinkle
AG
quote:
I am headed to auburn this year as well.

I went in 2012 as well.

Great place. As far as where to stay, I cant be much help there. We were still students and found some friends place we could crash at.

Here are my big take aways from Auburn:

1) Great people. Truly about the only place where I felt as welcome as I like to think visitors to College Station feel.

2) Very good tailgating. It is kind of spread out all over campus. Unlike A&M where you have a few main areas (Reed, Spence park, Houston Street). If there is a decent patch of grass and a nice tree or shade from building, there is probably a tailgate there. We were invited into many tailgates, stopped had a beer and kept on circulating.

3) War Eagle is pretty cool. Best pregame tradition (besides singing the Spirit with the team on the field) that I have witnessed in college football

4) Jordan Hare is exactly what you think of when you think SEC football. Its big and loud and filled with tradition. It is nothing special in terms of amenities or site lines or aesthetics. But it is certainly a stadium you have to check off the bucket list

5) Downtown Auburn is fun and should be checked out! Think of a smaller version of North Gate that is slightly more quaint. It is literally right across the street from campus. There are a few good resturanrts and some bars (where you can celebrate our win!). Additionally it is across the street from the corner of campus where toombers corner is. So if we do happen to lose, you can go see the toilet paper show.

Good info. We rented a place 2 miles from the stadium. I'd assume we are just going to walk up and find a tailgate to crash. We also plan on hitting up the local downtown area. Hopefully they have Uber in town!
mgreen
Do not miss the GI museum. My wife and I went to kill an hour and could have spent half a day. Very impressive.
GreatSullysGhost
Friday afternoon before the game the raptor center has a really great activity especially for the younger ones.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.