Aggie Gymnastics? Y/N?

71,853 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TheTexian
Joe Schillaci 48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have no problem with that. Now, which mens sport do we eliminate due to Title 9?
sal95
AG
Yes!! Then we could add men's soccer too!
CrottyKid
AG
Adding more women's sports would not cause the need for a reduction in men's sports.

NJ75AGfdt
Crotty Kid;
How solvent is the athletic department; especially after navigating through COV? $$ might be an issue for not fielding additional women's teams (?).
"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man," Psalm 118:8.

"In God we trust...all others pay cash!"
wareagle044
When I was a student worker in the Auburn athletic department, gymnastics season tickets were the fastest selling tickets with the highest percentage of renewals out of any of the season tickets offered. It was pretty wild and surprising.
flakrat
AG
Add women's gymnastics and add men's soccer! Win Win.
NonReg81
I think that this would be great for the university and community.
NonReg81
CrossBowAg99 said:

Quote:

I would love to see it added. I don't see how it would be too expensive. Expensive, of course, but not toooo. My daughter is a gymnast, a minority, and excels academically. Her goal is a college scholarship. Her mom, dad, and sisters would love for her to stay local. She is young so there is time. I realize it is unlikely to be added but there is hope nonetheless.
What is the point of her being a minority?
I agree with you on your statement on this topic.
Anchorhold
This still needs to happen.
Sarge 77
We need to start a gymnastics program before tu does in the SEC.
Artimus Gordon
There is only about 8 to 10 on a gymnastics programs roster. A&M certainly needs to get this program going.
B$Weigem
AG
The old indoor track and indoor football facilities could have been taken down and reassembled near the tennis courts to provide arenas for both tennis and gymnastics. Shame on the athletic department for being so wasteful by disassembling and trashing the old facilities.
AGBU 94
Would be interesting to see how the addition of gymnastics and wrestling would work. I think that we would be competitive in gymnastics, but not so sure about wresting.
TheTexian
AG
There's a ton of HS wrestling talent in Texas that's forced to leave the state because there's so no college programs in Texas.

Built-in recruiting base
CrystalLakeAgbu
I would prefer wresting, but from the team aspect gymnastics seems like it has the better advantage.
texag84
AG
Yes, no excuse not to have gymnastics!
TheTexian
AG
The Battalion had a story on A&M gymnastics recently

https://www.thebatt.com/sports/no-ncaa-no-problem-a-m-gymnastics-found-its-own-niche/article_da3b686a-6189-11ee-8d2f-4b45e93f95cd.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.