So I used to not mind Rick Barnes, but then I read this...

16,710 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Aggienk
4ZORRO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you expect, he's a sip.
TheWhoHorn
"haha...I find it kind of funny a Div I coach would conduct himself like that. I'd be embarrassed if I was a texas fan."

I think it's hilarious.
wareagle044
the one thing about durant is he's about 10x more educated than vince young ever was and didnt vince young go through ALMOST 4 years at t.u. proof that the less time you spend there, the more you learn. =) imagine what durant couldve done had he gone straight to the PROs or even to A&M

[This message has been edited by wareagle044 (edited 4/10/2007 12:57p).]
Willis
AG
Barnes is such an A$$
Authentic Horn
It was just a joke.

wareagle044
Also you know deep in his heart Barnes thinks it's great that A&M and t.u. had players in the running for the POY awards. It just so happened his player came out on top. This was a very good thing for the t.u. a&m rivalry and the big Xii in general. I think it's great he can poke at the aggies, because next year A&M will be poking right back at him on the court
agricola
Can somebody explain to me how drinking tea is construed as an insult??
jefford22
quote:
There's a difference between mocking your rival school and mocking a player. Totally out of line.

are you a woman?
navyag86
ware, did the lobotomy leave a scar?
Houstonag
AG
Barnes has no class. He can only build himself up by trying to cut some one else down. T sip style. Nothing new here.
jefford22
quote:
Barnes has no class. He can only build himself up by trying to cut some one else down. T sip style. Nothing new here.

Next, Barnes will probably try to have them insert a line into the sip fight song that the Aggie War Hymn "sounds like hell."

He's is THAT classless.
BaronVonAggie
AG
Barnes is a weasel, but a wise weasel. After a rotten season its better to mock your rival than have to talk about your accomplishments. (or lack of).

Heres to Turgeon knocking the stuffing out of Barmey Barnes.
BreNayPop
AG
Barnes should be kicked in the nuts- but he doesn't have any...
texans1806
Here is to Rick Barnes burning in HELL!

Here Here
Old_Ag_91
AG
Yeah well Acie and the Ags stuck the sips this year by hanging 100 on them in addition to an 18 point @sswhipping, while it took everything Durant and Barnes could muster to beat us in Austin. I think we know who is better and who has more class. THAT is why Barnes can't help but look like a whiny puss making that statement. I'm glad he said it cause it shows how weak he is, he couldn't help but make some kind of statement.
texans1806
Texas - Durant = ****
Come Out Roll
AG
say what you will about Barnes, but he played straight up with his school AND his players about the Kentucky thing.....

we cannot say the same about that vag gillispie.....
Stuck_At_Work
Listen - I understand everyone around here is a little miffed after loosing BCG. Get over it.

1) Barnes was at a Longhorn banquet.
2) He actually made a good point. It must have sucked for the other players to have to go from ceremony to ceremony around the country with little hope of winning.
3) His comment about "Poor Aggie" was a joke that was never verbalized to Acie.
4) As for his success, he seems to have done pretty well before Durant arrived in Austin - what makes y'all think they'll be any worse of after he leaves.
5) Was last year that big of a dissapointment for Barnes? He took 4 freshman and a sophomore to the second round of the NCAA (regardless if one of the fish was that Durant).

It is threads like this that really make Aggies come across as a bunch of whinning babies.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Because he's a coward, he would NEVER verbalize that to ACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ezed
what a bunch of girls
jefford22
quote:
After a rotten season its better to mock your rival than have to talk about your accomplishments. (or lack of).

Texas loses in second round of tournament = rotten season

A&M loses in third round of tournament = best season ever

weird.
Champione
I don't remember the board calling Acie classless as he was prancing around doing the horns down at A&M two years ago after they won.

Are you guys really that sensitive?
Gigem314
AG
quote:
I don't remember the board calling Acie classless as he was prancing around doing the horns down at A&M two years ago after they won.

Are you guys really that sensitive?

There's a bit of a difference between a player doing or saying something and the COACH (the leader, the example) saying something. There's no comparison.

You don't see Coach Turgeon coming in and taking the new coaching position saying "Well if UK had wanted to offer Barnes...he'd be there and I'd still be in Wichita"

It's just a rather immature thing for a coach to say at a banquet...but hey let him do what he wants. It doesn't mean anything. You'd think a coach that had the #1 player in college basketball this past year would have something better to joke about. If you really don't think we matter...why bother? This is the same guy that took time at an end of the game press conference to talk smack about our fans and yells.

[This message has been edited by Gigem314 (edited 4/10/2007 3:17p).]
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
quote:
Listen - I understand everyone around here is a little miffed after loosing BCG. Get over it

Don't think for one second that even if Gillispie was still here that we wouldn't still be talking about this. We made fun of him for the 'sit down bus driver' comments after the 18 pt beat down, and now he has felt the need yet again to make another comment which shows his true 'character'.

WTF does it matter to you what we think anyway?

I think it's some of you horns that are getting defensive. You think you are going to change our views of Barnes. If you don't like what's said get off this Aggie website.
Gigem314
AG
quote:
School rivalries aside, that's very poor sportsmanship and something one should not expect from a "professional" at his rank.

That's lowering yourself to the rank of student or idle fan.

Exactly.

To an average fan talking smack...ok yeah that's a joke. But coming from someone that's supposed to be a "professional" that represents your university...it's just immature.

I hope we never have to deal with that from an Aggie coach.
Aggiefan80
haha, that was actually pretty funny
navyag86
I'll say it again, some of you are the biggest p**sies I've ever seen.

The whining on this matter is embarrassing.
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
the whining about the whining is what cracks me up. it just compounds the problem.
Dr Drunkenstein
All of the Aggie anger in the world doesn't change the fact that KD is exponentially better than Law.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MallalieuAg
AG
Wait till he comes to Reed next year. The whorn won't know what hit him.
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
quote:
All of the Aggie anger in the world doesn't change the fact that KD is exponentially better than Law.

Okay and? you want a trophy or something? how the freak does this relate to the topic at hand?

Besides Law shot a 3 pointer OVER Durant to send the tu game into over time and Law's last game was in the Sweet 16, Durant's was Round of 32.

I wouldn't trade, sorry.
Stuck_At_Work
The point is RB jokingly said it to his players and family at the Longhorn banquet. He was right - it did suck to be all the other players in Durant's shadow this year. It leaked out to the media and now it become out-of-context bulletin board material that all you fools latch on to.
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
kinda like you latched onto this website?
wcrew93
AG
Sounds like Barnes is obsessed with the Aggies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.