Some facts and myths about the FBCG situation

41,510 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by citagg83
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are going to be some interesting newspaper articles in the next few days, aren't there? It seems as though Bill Byrne, TAMU, and Aggie basketball are going to come out of this looking pretty good.
Maggie82
Ball Gravy -
Either your contacts honestly don't know or they know that you would post what they tell you in confidence.
It does no one any good to list the names publicly and could actually hurt the closing of the deal in a speedy manner.
Actually, nothing you posted helps the situation.
10thYrSr
quote:
If it's a University phone, it is technically owned by the state of texas, which means it technically is paid for with taxpayer money.

Which means anyone can request the records under the Freedom of Information Act.

Actually, since the University is a State Institution, I believe you would have to cite the "Texas Open Records Act"
Hincemm
AG
i can't believe y'all have bought into this crap from ballsy...that's pretty naive.
StateofTexas
AG
I'm over here laughing because we are taking our inside info from someone who had the judgment to rename himself "Ball Gravy". Watching people solemnly respond to "Ball Gravy" is giving me an aneurysm.
Burbank
AG
what does FBCG stand for..I mean I get BCG but why the F?
AgDotCom
quote:
i can't believe y'all have bought into this crap from ballsy...that's pretty naive.

What do you have to bring to the table? Let's see it.
Crebes
quote:

what does FBCG stand for..I mean I get BCG but why the F?

F0ck Billy Clyde Gillispie.

It is was Billy F0ckin Clyde Gillispie.
BreNayPop
AG
Burbank:

F is a four letter word meaning to fornicate... or more specifically to this situation: in the act of fornicating...

FBCG
Ag_EE_88
AG
Did Gillispie cry (like he seems to do a lot more than any man should) when confronted by Byrne? I'm all for being real but you've gotta admit that gillispie cried more than any man you've ever seen.
Hincemm
AG
quote:
What do you have to bring to the table? Let's see it.

nothing...but i'm not gonna make s*** up just to sound like i know what i'm talking about.

it's one thing to come on here and say i'd like so and so to be our coach, but these self-appointed insiders make you look like fools with their "insider" info.
sawemoff07
AG
I want to know who HiddenAg2 is.
weatherford
Are there also martians in the athletic department?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Hencemm, you are a ****ing idiot, take your friend StateofTexas and run along to another playground you bag of dix
AgDotCom
quote:
but these self-appointed insiders make you look like fools with their "insider" info.

So we're supposed to listen to self-appointed outsiders like you so we don't look like fools.

Brilliant.
darthmaximus
AG
Read this...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/040707dnspotaylor.3591c1d.html

This guy obviously has no clue why we are upset. It's not that he left it's how he left and cowardly left his players with no notice other than a text message.

from the outside looking in, you can't understand it; from the inside looking out, you can't explain it

(someone feel free to make this into a new post, I have met my quota for the day...)

[This message has been edited by wildjuanpablo (edited 4/6/2007 11:25p).]
Burbank
AG
got it...duh!
Holik
AG
I know HiddenAg2 and he has always given me very reliable information. He has some pretty good sources.
old yeller
AG
Why the F? Don't you mean "What the F!?!"
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the worst part of this whole damn thing...the story going around now that if Barnes had taken the UK job then FBG woulda bolted for Austin to coach the horns

if this is true.....dude is the sorriest scum to coach a&m athletics EVER. eff him.
Football&Finance
AG
Ball Gravy - 8:33pm
quote:
-Byrne told him, "While we are appreciative of the work you have done, you are not the only good coach in America, and if you are serious about leaving, my coaching search starts NOW"

DMN - 11:03pm
quote:
Billy Clyde isn't the only good coach in America.

wow. it's getting harder and harder for classic media to mask that much of their source material comes from message boards and blogs.

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

the12thManchild.com

[This message has been edited by the12thManchild (edited 4/6/2007 11:39p).]
AnalogyAg
quote:
Even if we paid his bill, it seems that the bills would be sent to him and he would expense it each month..

Aston04- been in the business world long? It don't work that way.
uneedastraw
If all this is true, then aren't we missing a big piece of information.

Why would BCG have wanted out at the end of last year?

Basically, if I'm interpreting this all correctly, BCG sent signals to Arkansas last year at a dinner during Final Four weekend. Then throughout this year, he made it clear to them through his friend to Arkie that he would take the job.

Why? It seems like everyone is wanting to paint Byrne in a good light, but if you read between the lines....there was something that BCG did not like about the A&M program. What was it? Byrne?

BCG had built a program here....had the recruits coming in....had the support from admin....was building support from the fanbase. Why would he have wanted out from that? I mean I understand Kentuky and all.

But why would he have wanted out to such a school like Arkansas?

And why did he want out as early as last year?
Football&Finance
AG
a quick glance over this insanely detailed analysis of Houston Nutt/Arkansas debacle, and you'll see how easy it would've been for us to have Billy's phone records.

thevegetable.net/VoxPopped.pdf

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing and filing the Texas equivalent of FOIA for Gillispie's records. If Ball Gravy is correct, looks like Byrne was way ahead of me.

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

the12thManchild.com
SheaAg04
Maggie82, Then who's at the top of the list?
bigred87
Floyd is making around 600,000. If its about money you might get him.
With his recruiting class and the market out there, I think he has started something and might make it hard to pull him. OJ Mayo recruited himsefl to USC, Floyd has nothing to do with it so the chances of OJ Mayo coming there are close to nil.

Gillespie used A&M and Arkansas knowing full well that he would take .25 seconds to say yes to Kentucky. He saw Arkansas as a step up I believe but saw Kentucky as the pinnacle of jobs.

Hopefully but schools come out ok in this deal, I know we (arkansas) are dealing with enough crap right now
trmas
I heard basically the same story from a rich Arkansas booster a while ago - that he had a deal in place with them. Then the rest came out from a friend I will not name close to the Athletic department. Byrne has known this for a while now

I was called a sip for stating months ago he wouldn't be here next year. But I have faith in Byrne - all three of those would be excellent hires.
Goodfield Nohit
quote:
BCG had built a program here....had the recruits coming in....had the support from admin....was building support from the fanbase. Why would he have wanted out from that?

Gillispme has had 11 jobs in 20 years, that's why. He is the epitome of the overacheiving employee who is never happy.
buildthehell02
AG
uneedastraw - We were always viewed as a stepping stone by him. I believe there was an article that said this is his 11th job in the last 20 years. Par for the course.
friend of cheese
quote:
Read this...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/040707dnspotaylor.3591c1d.html

This guy obviously has no clue why we are upset. It's not that he left it's how he left and cowardly left his players with no notice other than a text message.
The fact that you're upset about a J.J. Taylor story tells me you've never read anything by him before. He is inflammatory for inflammation's sake. He knows very little about pro football and absolutely nothing about any other sport, pro or collegiate.

[This message has been edited by friend of cheese (edited 4/7/2007 12:03a).]
Bea Arthur is SEXY
Fleeing Unethically to Coach Kentucky
AgDotCom
It was pointed out earlier in this thread that one of the issues was over facilities not being built fast enough to suit BCG's tastes.

The more I read into it, BCG kept snapping his fingers when he wanted something and BB finally had to remind him who the boss was.

Since basketball is king in KY, I'll bet money that Barnhart at UK will be taking orders from him before the season starts.
falconace
work cell phones (at least everywhere i have worked) are paid for by the company. I never see the bill, i use it and it just gets paid every month.
Daddy
AG
AGDotCom, it is not about Billy wanting things. It is about power. Just ask Billy's ex wife. He is a selfish me first guy that wants to think he is God outthere. He is not. He won't be happy at Kentucky, he won't be happy anywhere else. He is one of those guys that is never happy and always looking for a bigger challenge so that he can strive to make himself happy.

He should look up to find that.
4stringAg
AG
Seems like I recall an incident (not sure when but could have been earlier this season) where BCG had to pull the team off the court during a practice because the Harlem Globetrotters game.

I could see him getting pissed about that and throwing a fit about the practice facility. That could have sparked the wanderlust.

But I now believe one way or the other that he was out of here after this season. It would have been Fayetteville if not for UK firing Tubby.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.