Construction of a modern roster

2,401 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bobinator
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Full disclosure, I was playing around with some AI functionality and needed some info to put in that wasn't work related so I decided to try this and I was so impressed I felt like sharing and that's the entire point of this post.

That said, I thought other people might find this interesting if you're unfamiliar with all of the stops that our projected roster have made.

Zachary Klement
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously, Buzz dipping in the fashion he did plays a role and so does the ever-evolving landscape of college sports, but it feels so weird to have only four guys on roster that came to A&M straight from HS.
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beautiful, colorful chart.
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Obviously, Buzz dipping in the fashion he did plays a role and so does the ever-evolving landscape of college sports, but it feels so weird to have only four guys on roster that came to A&M straight from HS.


I'll bet if you did a similar analysis of other rosters - especially Power 5 rosters - you'd find similar results. Not many athletes go from high school to college and stay there 'til their eligibility is done.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This board is known for charts, everyone says it, beautiful charts. The best charts, that's what people say, in regards to BASKETBALL and the charts.
SMidgett87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very cool. Nice work
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

This board is known for charts, everyone says it, beautiful charts. The best charts, that's what people say, in regards to BASKETBALL and the charts.

People are talking about how beautiful they are.
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice work !

Mikesyracuse1
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haggerty was at Tulsa '23-24.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is why you can't trust AI! (I actually had that wrong on my spreadsheet somehow that I fed into it)
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serious Lee said:

Haggerty was at Tulsa '23-24.
If LLMs don't know, they make it up…
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fixed, I guess I didn't realize that Archie and Haggerty were teammates at Tulsa. Apparently it helps to actually read Luke's articles, he mentioned that not only were they teammates, another of their teammates is now on our coaching staff.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how common three pairs of teammates at former stops is in college basketball, might need to see if AI can figure that out tomorrow.
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
greg.w.h said:

Serious Lee said:

Haggerty was at Tulsa '23-24.
If LLMs don't know, they make it up…


How would you know?


Oh yeah, nm
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

This board is known for charts, everyone says it, beautiful charts. The best charts, that's what people say, in regards to BASKETBALL and the charts.


I am going to start referring to great charts as BBC from now on (Big Beautiful Chart).

Thanks for giving us your BBC.
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ummmm...are you sure?
bg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like this chart just for the change in what year the player is from Fr/So/Jr/Sr to how many years they have played. I have started thinking of players in terms of Year1, Year2, Year3, Year4 and Year5 players.
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The charts have certainly come a long way on this board. I kinda like the old ones better though.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CactusThomas said:

The charts have certainly come a long way on this board. I kinda like the old ones better though.


Yes many people, very smart people have been sharing their BBC all over the board for years
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.