Marble Arrested.

25,825 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Method Man
BLSmith04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This article has a lot more details on the case: https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/mens_basketball/tamu-aggies-basketball-marble-arrested-assault/article_b9a41c2a-fda4-11ee-9567-c7ed90a42079.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_theeagle
Know Your Enemy
AG
BLSmith04 said:

This article has a lot more details on the case: https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/mens_basketball/tamu-aggies-basketball-marble-arrested-assault/article_b9a41c2a-fda4-11ee-9567-c7ed90a42079.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_theeagle

That's awful.
FTAG 2000
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Unfortunately, this news confirms what I stated in another thread regarding Marble.

My opinion on how this unfolded is that Marble and the complainant went through the Title IX process as outlined in the Title IX policy. Depending on the report from the complainant, this could have either gone through an informal resolution process first or it could have gone directly to a formal resolution. Once the formal resolution process started, the university instigated their investigation. That process would take time as it involves interviewing both parties and anyone who might be a witness to the night's events. Upon completion of the investigation, a formal hearing was conducted where evidence was presented and a university-appointed panel determined the legitimacy of the complaint and the severity of the accusation.

Since Marble was arrested, the assumption is that the investigation uncovered enough evidence to warrant a report to law enforcement. Once law enforcement became involved, it moved to a potential criminal investigation. That criminal investigation resulted in Marble's arrest. Why was none of this public knowledge? Because any Title IX case is handled with confidentiality. Many of these cases are resolved and do not warrant involvement of law enforcement but there are instances when the allegation is serious enough and the investigation uncovers sufficient evidence that the university reports it to law enforcement.

Then it should have been referred to law enforcement to begin with. Title ix court is a ridiculous sham

BLSmith04
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

BLSmith04 said:

That's awful.
Truly. That article was tough to read. I pray that justice be dispensed.
scd88
AG
Didn't the article say CSPD was involved from day 1? Sounds like law enforcement has been in on this from the beginning.
greg.w.h
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Unfortunately, this news confirms what I stated in another thread regarding Marble.

My opinion on how this unfolded is that Marble and the complainant went through the Title IX process as outlined in the Title IX policy. Depending on the report from the complainant, this could have either gone through an informal resolution process first or it could have gone directly to a formal resolution. Once the formal resolution process started, the university instigated their investigation. That process would take time as it involves interviewing both parties and anyone who might be a witness to the night's events. Upon completion of the investigation, a formal hearing was conducted where evidence was presented and a university-appointed panel determined the legitimacy of the complaint and the severity of the accusation.

Since Marble was arrested, the assumption is that the investigation uncovered enough evidence to warrant a report to law enforcement. Once law enforcement became involved, it moved to a potential criminal investigation. That criminal investigation resulted in Marble's arrest. Why was none of this public knowledge? Because any Title IX case is handled with confidentiality. Many of these cases are resolved and do not warrant involvement of law enforcement but there are instances when the allegation is serious enough and the investigation uncovers sufficient evidence that the university reports it to law enforcement.

Then it should have been referred to law enforcement to begin with. Title ix court is a ridiculous sham

The purpose of the Obama admin dear colleague letter was to jaw schools into protecting accusers from the accused by preventing them being on campus while the accuser is actively completing degree requirements. But this is guilt until proven innocent and that isn't due process. But in some cases it actually does allow the accuser to not have to see the accused. It's like a school administered TRO. Which if issued through a court makes it nearly impossible for the school to administer.

When I was going to school a friend came across a woman who had just been assaulted. He helped her report it and the buy running the KK advised him off the record that their hands tend to be tied by donor and parent expectations so if he catches the assailant feel free to administer rough justice. If he did it on campus the KK would look the other way. But that was the 80s and most schools actively underreported assaults them. Of course none of them do that now……………especially not Stanford and the Ivies……
greg.w.h
AG
Keep in mind the Eagle piece is only the accuser's side. Not saying he's innocent but the public owes an obligation to both parties to allow the process to continue with minimal hindrance. It's a shame and hopefully justice is served swiftly, efficiently, and fairly.
Ribbed Paultz
No chance he is ever on our team again. Good riddance.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Maybe if he had gotten more NIL, he would have been able to settle it quickly and gotten on with playing.... [/sarcasm]
94chem
FTAG 2000 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

100%. What I said at the time. Victims need to know that if a crime is committed against them, they should go to the cops, not HR.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Know Your Enemy said:

BLSmith04 said:

That's awful.
And she reported it to the police immediately. Good on her. Any Title IX stuff should just be a supplement to the actual justice system.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
frenchtoast
Awful story.
Texas A&M
BLSmith04 said:

If this is true, he needs to spend quite a few years in a FPMITAP /office space. He won't be so tough there.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Gap said:

Man were we led astray here. I thought it was going to have something to do with academic dishonesty and A&M's Title IX Office was being obtuse.

And we are currently recruiting Pop Isaacs? That is beyond tone deaf.

Isaac's situation must be in the clear because apparently a large number of programs reached out to him. At least according to the internetverse.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Texas A&M said:

BLSmith04 said:

If this is true, he needs to spend quite a few years in a FPMITAP /office space. He won't be so tough there.

Worse situation than I had imagined. He is in serious criminal trouble.
Craigy
Know Your Enemy said:

If they're arresting him after all this time they have plenty of evidence.
Gap
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Gap said:

Man were we led astray here. I thought it was going to have something to do with academic dishonesty and A&M's Title IX Office was being obtuse.

And we are currently recruiting Pop Isaacs? That is beyond tone deaf.

Isaac's situation must be in the clear because apparently a large number of programs reached out to him. At least according to the internetverse.

The alleged crime took place in the Bahamas, so any criminal charges would have to be made there. The purported victim and Isaacs are back in the US, which is why the civil route seems to be the course the alleged victim's family has made as opposed to this all happening in another country which would hold the criminal jurisdiction.

To be safe, I would guess Isaacs isn't going to vacation in the Bahamas or sign with a team going to the Atlantis tournament.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Behind a paywall for me. How did y'all get around it?
Jumbo Fister
AG
JeepWaveEarl said:

Behind a paywall for me. How did y'all get around it?

The paywall went away for me when I turned my adblocker off.
Alex580
AG
Based on how hush hush everything was around this I assumed this is what it was.
94chem
greg.w.h said:

FTAG 2000 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

The purpose of the Obama admin dear colleague letter was to jaw schools into protecting accusers from the accused by preventing them being on campus while the accuser is actively completing degree requirements. But this is guilt until proven innocent and that isn't due process. But in some cases it actually does allow the accuser to not have to see the accused. It's like a school administered TRO. Which if issued through a court makes it nearly impossible for the school to administer.

When I was going to school a friend came across a woman who had just been assaulted. He helped her report it and the buy running the KK advised him off the record that their hands tend to be tied by donor and parent expectations so if he catches the assailant feel free to administer rough justice. If he did it on campus the KK would look the other way. But that was the 80s and most schools actively underreported assaults them. Of course none of them do that now……………especially not Stanford and the Ivies……

What's the opposite of artificial intelligence? 'Cause I think that's what I got from this post.
94chem,
Tobias Funke
AG
GregBot is not true AI
Alex580
AG
Idk when I first opened the link I could read the full article then I went back to look at it again and now im being pay walled
Know Your Enemy
AG
Alex580 said:

Idk when I first opened the link I could read the full article then I went back to look at it again and now im being pay walled

Same
Complete Idiot
Tobias Funke said:

GregBot is not true AI

True, no self awareness.
EliteZags
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

I prefer greg's wording:

Quote:

I suspect the kangaroo court had to do a criminal referral because it was just a kangaroo court.
carl spacklers hat
I don't disagree. Another post mentions due process - there is no such thing in a Title IX allegation.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
AggByMarriage
ryange05 said:

Looks like he wasnt arrested until recently. So why sit out the entire season!?!?! TTHS and Illinois let their star players play the day after the arrests.

And you're saying that's what A&M should have done?! Wow…
Complete Idiot
What would be sad, if Marble's statement is true, is that he truly doesn't remember anything from that night. If no others have had this history with him, and he can't remember the night, it make me wonder if alcohol or, more likely, other substances affected him in a way to make him act out of character. Incredibly sad for the victim, but even sad for Marble if he was affected in that way.

It might be a stretch to believe his statement and even if it's true I'm reading a lot into what might have been the whole story, but it crossed my mind.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Surely you're not saying he shouldn't be guilty of a crime if he can't remember committing it, right?
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, being drunk enough to not remember does not exonerate anyone from committing a crime
Complete Idiot
bluefire579 said:

Yeah, being drunk enough to not remember does not exonerate anyone from committing a crime

If you are replying to me that is not at all what I'm suggesting. I hate to state this again because it's just a thought I had, not the truth, but IF it's the case that Marble committed that crime due to a substance or altered state, and doesn't remember doing it and didn't have a history of that behavior, then it's a sad thing to see him go to prison for a long time (deservedly) due to that. Tragedy for the woman no matter the reason, of course. I have seen people do things - extreme things - outside of their normal nature when they are under the influence. Especially with drugs. And it can ruin their life and the lives of others. You have to be careful and care what your behavior is, even under the influence.

But again, not saying this is even a real scenario. He may be a serial abuser and has an evil side. It's also possible the true events of the evening aren't in the article we read. I dont know.
txag72
AG
Quote:

It's a shame and hopefully justice is served swiftly, efficiently, and fairly.
That ship sailed about 3 months ago or more.
greg.w.h
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

It's a shame and hopefully justice is served swiftly, efficiently, and fairly.
That ship sailed about 3 months ago or more.
Maybe. But felonies take months and sometimes years to prosecute. I have zero doubt we don't understand what exactly is going on. But I'd guess his attorney handled the surrender to be booked.
_lefraud_
AG
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39970530/title-ix-rules-athletes-sexual-misconduct

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.