Clemson

2,165 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by _lefraud_
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elite 8 with wins over New Mexico, Baylor, and Arizona. Await the winner of Alabama-UNC. We have our Cinderella.
czar_iv
AG
Arizona got outplayed and out-coached … Ags are better than Clemson
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
beatlesphan
AG
I feel like Arizona blows it...often
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Method Man
Clemson seems really well balanced and has some good players.
LawHall88
AG
Brownell has been at Clemson 14 years, this is his second Sweet 16 and first Elite 8.
Method Man
Has his record in the tourney been better than A&M's in the last 14 years?
94chem
Clemson has been good all season. They won at Chapel Hill for the 2nd time ever, and the refs took one from them at Cameron with a late flagrant foul. They have earned their spot.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
LB12Diamond
AG
beatlesphan said:

I feel like Arizona blows it...often

It's almost tradition. Except for that one year.

I almost quit doing brackets bc the first couple of years I did. They were highly ranked and pulled Purdues. Long time ago.
LawHall88
AG
He had two tourney wins total coming into this year. But now he has an Elite 8, so I guess it depends on how you score these things.
EliteZags
AG
prob the most impressive wins in the bracket, UNM and Baylor had crazy potent guard trios, Zona rosters way more talent across the board
CFP matchup next?
BillgoCU
I'm a Clemson grad, and elated to be in the Elite 8 for the second time ever.

Clemson is in basketball the way Wake or NC State are in football...not bad but not great. Occasionally you get that one experienced team that can make a run and you hope to take advantage of it. That is this year's team. Should have been in the tourney last year too, but for some reason the media started hating on the ACC in basketball, which is a head scratcher.
zgolfz85
AG
Clemson is an easy team to root for. They looked hella good in person in Memphis and even when it got close tonight, it never felt like they'd lose, same with the Baylor game
bobinator
AG
Brownell making a Final Four would be incredible. Dude has been the pinnacle of "just good enough to not get fired" for more than a decade.
DTP02
AG
I saw them twice in person in Memphis and they surprised the heck out of me with how all-around good they were. If I hadn't been distracted by Aggie baseball tonight I would have jumped to put a bet on them +9.5 in this game.

They're an easy team to overlook because of how they look on the hoof, but they are a well-balanced team.
MooreTrucker
AG
LawHall88 said:

Elite 8 with wins over New Mexico, Baylor, and Arizona. Await the winner of Alabama-UNC. We have our Cinderella.
Clemson is a 6. NC State is an 11. That's the Cinderella.
BillgoCU
Clemson has only trailed for a total of 50 seconds this entire tournament.
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Brownell making a Final Four would be incredible. Dude has been the pinnacle of "just good enough to not get fired" for more than a decade.
He's going all out and putting a few years in the ol' bank in this tournament.
_lefraud_
AG
Just missing an Olin "proving the doubters wrong" piece
Muy
AG
Older boy and I met the dad of Clemson's guard (#11 Gerard?) on Beale Street last weekend. Good dude, so we decided to support Clemson for no other reason.
StinkyPinky
AG
Have to think we could have continued to have done some damage if we got past Houston with this group. Would have been even more fun.....
GigEmMortis
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Clemson is an easy team to root for. They looked hella good in person in Memphis and even when it got close tonight, it never felt like they'd lose, same with the Baylor game
Hella yea they did!
bobinator
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Just missing an Olin "proving the doubters wrong" piece
by Olin Buchanan

LOS ANGELES -- The skeptics have been after the underrated mastermind for years. Despite squeezing the absolute most possible out of the poverty-stricken Clemson basketball program, demonstrated by their impressive two NCAA Tournament wins since the Obama administration, it wasn't enough for the dozens of fans. Now, it's good his name is Brownell instead of Brownel because he's got an extra "L" to give out to the haters.

Deserving of the coming contract that will likely make him one of the highest paid coaches in college basketball...
_lefraud_
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.