Need Andy's energy, rebounding

1,466 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last 3 games he's averaging 5.3 rebounds and 4 fouls. I don't see the Ags beating UH without him being his old Dennis Rodman self.
bobinator
AG
I dunno, if we shoot 60% from 3 again we might be okay
rlb28
AG
bobinator said:

I dunno, if we shoot 60% from 3 again we might be okay
I'd bank on Andy providing great rebounding more than the Ags shooting 60% lol
jeremy
AG
Why not both!? Shoot 60% and Andy cleans up the rest!?
rlb28
AG
jeremy said:

Why not both!? Shoot 60% and Andy cleans up the rest!?
I'll take it
halfastros81
AG
We absolutely need Andy to do Andy things vs UH. I did
wonder if him only getting 10 mins yesterday was because Buzz felt like we didn't need him to win,
Or is he a little dinged up or sick.
rlb28
AG
halfastros81 said:

We absolutely need Andy to do Andy things vs UH. I did
wonder if him only getting 10 mins yesterday was because Buzz felt like we didn't need him to win,
Or is he a little dinged up or sick.

Not sure, but Buzz said in the press conference it was the worst game Andy has played since he's been at Texas A&M.
bobinator
AG
Sometimes other guys are just cooking too. We played a four guard lineup for a while, Coleman was ballin, Solo was ballin, just kind of how the game went.

Andy knows we're gonna need him again.
Divining Rod
it's just nice when guys step up, especially when the officiating can be iffy and foul trouble looms. Coleman I thought we had seen the last of, then he comes in and has a nice game. Hopefully gaining some confidence. Leveque is a nice change of pace to shake things up on defense and make the opponents adjust their attack scheme.

Manny goes a little quiet in 2nd half and Radford and Taylor pick up the slack (when Radford had a slow start in the 1st half and Manny went crazy). Washington becoming Mr. Reliable, and starting to look like Dexter Dennis just in the nick of time.

And a really nice game from Jace Carter, who's starting to grow into his 6th Man role. Everything is really starting to jell. I'm waiting for our shooting to cool, but maybe just maybe this is at least somewhere in the vicinity of the "new normal"!

All to say, even with a force like Andy having a quiet game, we now have pieces that pick up the slack. Something we didn't have the first 2/3 of the season.
bobinator
AG
It's crazy because Manny's emergence is obviously the big story, but Wade is playing out of his mind these last few games and is WAY more efficient than normal and it feels like people aren't fully appreciating it. By KenPom's ORating the Nebraska game was second only to the away Ole Miss game for his best game of the season.
BCG Disciple
AG
bobinator said:

It's crazy because Manny's emergence is obviously the big story, but Wade is playing out of his mind these last few games and is WAY more efficient than normal and it feels like people aren't fully appreciating it. By KenPom's ORating the Nebraska game was second only to the away Ole Miss game for his best game of the season.
Manny's emergence is the reason why Wade is playing out of his mind. I mean, other than Wade being a bada**. It helps to get more room and better looks and not have to create every shot.
bobinator
AG
Oh no doubt they're related, but I feel like people are sleeping a bit on just how good Wade has been.

Like the whole country is (rightfully, obviously) losing its mind over that Oakland guy that went 10/20 from 3,

Wade went 7/10 from 3 yesterday, one shy of our school record for threes, and he did it in a first round NCAA Tournament game.

Admittedly I am a huge Wade fan and have spent a significant amount of time on here defending him from some critiques, so I want people to recognize what he's doing right now.
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

I really think Manny's emerging has allowed Wade to do WAY more off the ball since it can be 2 other players on the ball instead of Wade having to run the show every possesion.
Maybe more in these 6 games or so than the whole season prior.
He's running all over the court, we are setting multiple off ball screens for him to free him up.
bobinator
AG
Especially if the other team tries to drop into a zone. Now that Manny has arrived Wade will swing the baseline and absolutely shoot them out of it.
Redfishag93
Manny is more eye popping because he has gone from "damn manny! Wtf was that?" To
"Damn manny, that was a great frickin play!"

Just wildly different.

Wade has been great for a long time so it's less eye popping, but to be fair to Wade he is playing phenomenally offensively.

Best display of Aggie shooting ever.
bobinator
AG
Oh there's no question Manny is the headline, I said that and I want that to be clear that I agree with that. It's absolutely remarkable and it's changed the ceiling for this team.

But Wade's been so good for so long on the per game stats that I don't think most people are realizing how efficient he's been these last few games. Truly elite elite stuff.

Add in Boots playing some good ball and it's a little annoying we didn't find it earlier and avoid playing maybe the best team in the country in the second round. But better late than never.
jeremy
AG
bobinator said:

Oh no doubt they're related, but I feel like people are sleeping a bit on just how good Wade has been.

Like the whole country is (rightfully, obviously) losing its mind over that Oakland guy that went 10/20 from 3,

Wade went 7/10 from 3 yesterday, one shy of our school record for threes, and he did it in a first round NCAA Tournament game.

Admittedly I am a huge Wade fan and have spent a significant amount of time on here defending him from some critiques, so I want people to recognize what he's doing right now.

I think it's because he's being so reliable. In the moment when Wade hits a 3 pointer from 35 feet I am excited. When Jace hits a three, I am ecstatic!

I just depend on Wade and expect it because he is so good. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
bobinator said:

Oh there's no question Manny is the headline, I said that and I want that to be clear that I agree with that. It's absolutely remarkable and it's changed the ceiling for this team.

But Wade's been so good for so long on the per game stats that I don't think most people are realizing how efficient he's been these last few games. Truly elite elite stuff.

Add in Boots playing some good ball and it's a little annoying we didn't find it earlier and avoid playing maybe the best team in the country in the second round. But better late than never.

To win the tournament you likely have to beat some one seeds along the way. May as well take the first one out today - then work our way through any other one seeds left standing the week after next.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.