Nebraska is a 2 1/2 Point Favorite over A&M

9,409 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TAMUallen
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Consensus line at 845am eastern time on Gameday
Aggies +1
Total 146.5

Opening Consensus Line
Aggies +2.5

Time to start another winning streak!
See ya in Memphis!

Just Win!

Mikesyracuse1
Tobias Funke
AG
Geez that was fast
bdp514am
44% of their shot attempts are 3s. I hope (but doubt) we adjust our defensive scheme
keysercade
AG
Feels like Penn St part 2.
Kimberlyh901
Which session on Friday will A&M play in? See u there! Be safe!
jaxisback
I'm not concerned with the 3 unless they have some elite penetrators or a big that forces a double.

If they're guys that we can stay in front of we can make it a long night for a team of spot shooters.

We've got a lot of high-end length capable of defending the perimeter shooters.

Washington, Carter, Obaseki all good and long.

Andy and Radford can hold their own on switches.

Just can't get beat off the dribble and forced to collapse.

Also, they better be able to stay in front of us and rebound or we'll shoot 40 free throws.
NowhereMan
I guess Buzz rants and some luck paid off. They should beat Neb.
frenchtoast
Crush the Cornhuskers!
txag72
AG
Quote:

For starters, we were favorites against Penn St. We aren't this time.
TAMUallen
AG
We will see how well Buzz can coach. I'm nervous.

Can't depend on us playing great like we have been recently.
Ag9701
AG
Don't they have the "Japanese Steph Curry?" I hope we adjust some.
CapCityAg89
AG
keysercade said:

Man. We're barely an hour after the announcement and we have people pissing about a game last year. Shelby was right.
TAMUallen
AG
Ag9701 said:

Don't they have the "Japanese Steph Curry?" I hope we adjust some.

They do, it'll be interesting to see what we do because we haven't been tight on defense even when it's obvious that we need to tighten up beyond the arc
Houstonag
AG
If we cannot defend the three we have already lost.
Leander - Ag
AG
Ags ML
TAMUallen
AG
Houstonag said:

If we cannot defend the three we have already lost.

We never really do but have played great against better teams
Tobias Funke
AG
NowhereMan said:

I guess Buzz rants and some luck paid off. They should beat Neb.

You nailed it. A buzz rant from 24 months ago and luck were the only reason we got in as a 9 seed. Good work!
wahoo0185
AG
Tominaga played for BCG at Ranger.
Sterling82
jaxisback said:

I'm not concerned with the 3 unless they have some elite penetrators or a big that forces a double.

If they're guys that we can stay in front of we can make it a long night for a team of spot shooters.

We've got a lot of high-end length capable of defending the perimeter shooters.

Washington, Carter, Obaseki all good and long.

Andy and Radford can hold their own on switches.

Just can't get beat off the dribble and forced to collapse.

Also, they better be able to stay in front of us and rebound or we'll shoot 40 free throws.

I agree with this. If they have an athletic big man, then it's worrisome. If we can stay away from having to double team inside we should be able to guard the perimeter.
czar_iv
AG
wahoo0185 said:

Tominaga played for BCG at Ranger.
Smh ... Did we recruit him?
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

The Cornhuskers, who have won seven of their last nine games, are led by guard Keisei Tominaga, a senior from Nagoya, Japan. Tominaga averages 14.9 points. He shoots 46.8 percent from the field, 37.2 percent from 3-point range and 87.2 percent from the free-throw line.

Tominaga has scored more than 20 points seven times this season. He also scored 30 points in an 85-70 victory at Michigan and 31 points in an 87-84 overtime loss to Illinois.

However, Tominaga is by no means the Huskers' only offensive threat.

Brice Williams, a 6-foot-7 junior guard, averages 13.1 points. Forward Rienk Mast, a 6-foot-10 junior from The Netherlands, averages 12.5 points and 7.6 rebounds. Forward Juwan Gary, a 6-foot-6 junior, averages 11.7 points.

Williams and Mast both shoot better than 36 percent from behind the arc. Williams has hit 49 treys. Mast has hit 41.
https://texags.com/s/58050/texas-am-begins-march-madness-run-against-nebraska-in-memphis

Looks like they have some length in comparison. Haven't seen them play. Anybody know how Andy will match up against their 6'10" big man for rebounds?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CapCityAg89
AG
Tominaga shot almost 49% from 3 at Ranger. 37% at Nebraska. Coaching.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
TAMUallen said:

What? Can't depend on us playing like we have been playing for the last 7 games in a row since Manny emerged as our legit 3rd best ball handler and scoring guard?

I absolutely expect us to play great like we have been for the last three weeks!

I REALLY like our draw this year.

The first game may be the toughest - but if we can control the tempo of the game, DEFEND the three-pointer and limit our fouling (i.e. better defense than we played in our last game against Florida) - then I like our path to at least the Elite Eight in Dallas - knowing we can beat ANY TEAM in the South Regional - and possibly to Phoenix.
AggieJ2002
AG
Game is 5:50 PM CT on Friday! Love the game time!
Muy
AG
TAMUallen said:

Why be nervous? After our 5-game losing streak we're playing with house money.
Proposition Joe
There's not a single team in this tournament I wouldn't be nervous about playing.

There's also not a single team in this tournament I wouldn't feel like we have a shot of beating if we play well.
SECTAMU#1
Forward Rienk Mast, a 6-foot-10 junior from The Netherlands, averages 12.5 points and 7.6 rebounds. This guy will need to be defended at the 3 point line. He is a really good 3 point shooter.
agent-maroon
AG
SECTAMU#1 said:

Forward Rienk Mast, a 6-foot-10 junior from The Netherlands, averages 12.5 points and 7.6 rebounds. This guy will need to be defended at the 3 point line. He is a really good 3 point shooter.
Interesting. Not knowing otherwise, I would have been concerned with him playing the post. Is he more of a backcourt guy?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jaxisback
That's a good problem for us to have. We don 't mind having our "bigs" defending on the perimeter.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Proposition Joe said:

There's not a single team in this tournament I wouldn't be nervous about playing.

There's also not a single team in this tournament I wouldn't feel like we have a shot of beating if we play well.
I like how we matchup against Howard. I think we can take them most nights.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Line is down to 1.5. At this pace we should be favored by about 50 by the time the game starts.
DukeMu
Nebraska shoots a lot of 3s. All starters can hit the 3. They are happy to trade 3 for 2.

They don't pressure the ball on defense, but defend well inside without great rim protection. They do allow a lot of offensive rebounds and 3s.

Nebraska doesn't get to the line often, but they don't commit many fouls. Buzz needs to adapt to the metrics - agreed, another Penn State perimeter game.
taylorswift13_
frenchtoast said:

Crush the Cornhuskers!
humiliate the huskers
TAMUallen
AG
Tamale all of them!
DukeMu
agent-maroon said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

Interesting. Not knowing otherwise, I would have been concerned with him playing the post. Is he more of a backcourt guy?
The entire team shoots 3s. Nebraska plays 5 out with occasional isoball drives on a pick from the big man or perimeter ball screens to open a 3 for Mast or Williams.

We need to high hedge on these screens. Huskers use a lot of sneaky moving picks (Buzz should make the refs aware).

Another first round perimeter tester.

Having said all that Illinois sliced and diced Nebraska's defense in the 2nd half today with dribble drives. There is room to manuever.

Nebraska's offense and defense occupy a lot of space.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.