stop reselling your tickets

17,388 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by EXCELL
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Craigy said:

EXCELL said:

Well, those seats belong to me. I've been a season ticket holder for over 50yrs and my dad before that.
Going to Aggie basketball since Shelby Metcalf was an assistant.

The big guy in the Vol "cat in the hat" is one of my two best friends in the world and has been for decades.
He travelled from Knoxville (actually Alcoa) to come to game as I am in Belize and neither me nor my family was able to attend.

The other guy is unknown to me ... my friend's sister was going to come with him but came down sick at the last minute. He picked that guy out of the line coming in and invited him to use the other seat.

The tickets were not sold ... they were gifted. At the Kentucky game there were two guests in those seats who bid on those tickets at a charity fund raiser for animal rescue. And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

Anymore excuses?
Those aren't excuses. But it definitely hurts the team to allow Reed to fill in with the opponents colors and behaviors.
Muy
AG
Looks like he owned up to giving his tickets to a UT friend. Maybe we can move on with real topics now.
Proposition Joe
I think TexAgs needs to dox the hat guy
As **** like this should not fly
We will no tolerate opposing fans
Further violations should result in bans
We will not tolerate it at Reed
We will not tolerate it as we feed
Not allowed while we play ball
Whether Wildcat, Gator, Tiger or Vol!
EXCELL
Hop said:

As for the Dr. Seuss character from Tennessee, he's not obnoxious or rude. If he's a friend, it's great you want to give him the experience of watching his school get their teeth kicked in at Reed. But the damn hat obstructs the view of the season ticket holders behind him. In fact, Jim Schlossnagle was in the seat behind him, and he moved. He had the luxury to move, but others don't. In the future I think it's reasonable to ask him not to wear the Dr. Seuss hat during the game for the sake of your long-time season ticket neighbors around you. We DO pay and we HAVE paid for our tickets every year just like you. We're just asking for some common courtesy.
I don't know if you're going feeble-minded, Hop, but he didn't wear that hat at all during game play except for one possession on a fast break where he forgot. He removed it and apologized to those behind him.

So don't fabricate or concoct a story that he was wearing the hat with the ball in play. Just not true. I've watched the full game video and it just not even close to being the truth.

So show some of that courtesy by not generating a storyline that doesn't exist.
EXCELL
Craigy said:

Anymore excuses?
NO excuses. I'm betting you weren't even in the general vicinity.
Quit whining.
I've rubbed the game outcome it in good on him.

If this was an Ag at the UT game, you'd be all over what a great fan he was flying in from College Station to represent the Aggies.

Get over it.
EXCELL
MarcAg said:

I posted on the clown of the game thread earlier that the dude in the "cat in the hat" is an a-hole for wearing that. I'm not changing that stance because he's a good friend of an Aggie. If he is in his home arena wearing that he's still an a-hole. Doesn't matter what fan base he is obstructing. Completely inconsiderate.

And I have no issue with the season ticket owner giving these tickets to that guy. Just the issue with guy in the hat being completely inconsiderate of those around him.
He did NOT wear the hat during game play. Check the video.
Stop making stuff up to try to justify a FALSE narrative ... or get a job in the mainstream media.
bobinator
AG
I'll subscribe to TexAgs if Hop posts a video of him going through the game tape to fact check this one-possession Suess hat claim.

That's the kind of content we need.
Proposition Joe
Are you new to Hop?
Expert Analysis
AG
How do Kansas season ticket holders handle their unused tickets? We need to know how they do it. They are clearly a superior fanbase.

This thread is dumb to begin with, coupled with fake outrage over a hat that didn't block anyone...

PJYoung
AG
EXCELL said:

Hop said:

As for the Dr. Seuss character from Tennessee, he's not obnoxious or rude. If he's a friend, it's great you want to give him the experience of watching his school get their teeth kicked in at Reed. But the damn hat obstructs the view of the season ticket holders behind him. In fact, Jim Schlossnagle was in the seat behind him, and he moved. He had the luxury to move, but others don't. In the future I think it's reasonable to ask him not to wear the Dr. Seuss hat during the game for the sake of your long-time season ticket neighbors around you. We DO pay and we HAVE paid for our tickets every year just like you. We're just asking for some common courtesy.
I don't know if you're going feeble-minded, Hop, but he didn't wear that hat at all during game play except for one possession on a fast break where he forgot. He removed it and apologized to those behind him.

So don't fabricate or concoct a story that he was wearing the hat with the ball in play. Just not true. I've watched the full game video and it just not even close to being the truth.

LB12Diamond
AG
Well someone's telling lies on this thread.

Enquiring minds want to know the truth.
Hop
Staff
AG
EXCELL said:

Hop said:

Or we could talk about some of the other opponents fans you've sold them to that were profane and obnoxious over the years. As I said, your Dr. Seuss buddy was cordial and I didn't have a problem with him. But you have sold them to some loud, obnoxious, and profane opposing fans in the past. That affects those of us that pay the same money for season tickets as you do.

Sure, it's your right to do what you want with your tickets and you don't have to answer to me or anybody else for it. But since you aren't there when you sell them, I'm curious if you are aware that sometimes your tickets are bought by loud and obnoxious opposing fans.

If the answer is yes that you know opposing fans buy your tickets, and you don't care about the consequences to your ticket neighbors, then I have the right to express my displeasure with that practice.

I've had season tickets to football, baseball, and basketball for 30+ years and not once have I sold a ticket to somebody I didn't know directly, because I don't want to be responsible for some loudmouth drunk ruining the game experience for people I've sat around and socialized with for 30 years.

I've even brought a friend who is an opposing fan to a game, but I tell them in advance if they want my extra ticket they can't be loud or trash talk A&M or the people around us.

Hey, do what you need to do, but don't get defensive and combative when posters express their displeasure about it.
Wicked Good Ag
But arent you the loudmounth drunk we hear HOP??
Hop
Staff
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

But arent you the loudmounth drunk we hear HOP??

I'm loud (not drunk). I'm usually loaded up on Mr. Pibb and breathing caffeine fire…for the good guys of course.

Now, I can't promise what will happen when Musselman comes to town. We both may end up with our shirts off and screaming at each other.
Proposition Joe
If an opposing fans sitting next to you for 2 hours cheering on his team "ruins the experience" for you, probably best to watch from home.

If the fan is combative, obscene or blocking someone's view and you aren't interested in confronting them about it, then you get an usher to handle the situation.

But 99% of the time its just faux outrage like this guy who wore his seuss hat the entire time and blocked everyone's view including our baseball coach who I heard was so upset he's considering coaching elsewhere now but the guy actually maybe didn't really wear his hat during the game but what if he did!?
Proposition Joe
PS - if you have extra tickets make sure you spend an hour out of your day getting them to an A&M fan... probably not at what you paid for it though because we have a lot of people game after game looking for free tickets only.

PPS - and if you can't find an A&M fan that wants it for free then be prepared to get called out for the empty seat and how our attendance is the reason we aren't good at basketball.
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
Actually, it was twice, and since you're so invested in my post history you should know that. I've been to 20+ games in my two years here, and asked for tickets for the two where I was bringing extra people (Bought them GAs and went anyhow). Get off my ass I go to the games either way. I paid for my sports pass.
Hop
Staff
AG
Proposition Joe said:

PS - if you have extra tickets make sure you spend an hour out of your day getting them to an A&M fan... probably not at what you paid for it though because we have a lot of people game after game looking for free tickets only.

PPS - and if you can't find an A&M fan that wants it for free then be prepared to get called out for the empty seat and how our attendance is the reason we aren't good at basketball.

My seat goes empty often. An empty seat is better than putting my ticket on the open market that opens up the possibility of an ass clown sitting next to me…Aggie or opponent.

Again, you twist and *******ize the arguments here for your own entertainment. I've never said every season ticket holder has an obligation to fill up their seats as if that's the reason there is an attendance problem. The attendance problem is that there isn't enough interest in Aggie basketball to create a predictable revenue stream to "invest" in the program and force higher expectations for basketball in the athletics department.
frenchtoast
What if you give your tickets to an Aggie ass clown? I sat near one a few weeks back.
Craigy
Muy said:

Looks like he owned up to giving his tickets to a UT friend. Maybe we can move on with real topics now.
Check out the other good and bad SEC fan bases. Go to Tenn, Fla, Kentucky games as an Aggie to purchase a secondary ticket. It ain't happening. Good friend or not they aren't gettin the tickets.
Proposition Joe
So we have some posters just looking for free seats cause that's all they can afford, and some posters saying they often just let a $250 seat (at current tmf donation prices) sit empty rather than trying to recoup their costs.

Quite the range of demographics and financial levels. Almost like people shouldn't try and tell other people their business...
20ag07
This thread is BONKERS..

Started by a college student who doesn't pay for more than a sports pass telling adults what to do.

Defended by a Staff member telling everyone who he does and doesn't care to sit around.

Lots of people telling others what to do with their money.

ABSOLUTELY BONKERS.

The atmosphere in Reed was electric this weekend. And sitting around opposing fans can be fun, if you aren't butthurt. If that ruins your experience, that's on you.

In no way have opposing fans modified the environment at Reed, though.
Hop
Staff
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So we have some posters just looking for free seats cause that's all they can afford, and some posters saying they often just let a $250 seat (at current tmf donation prices) sit empty rather than trying to recoup their costs.

Quite the range of demographics and financial levels. Almost like people shouldn't try and tell other people their business...

Wrong again. I've explicitly said I'm not going to tell Excell or anybody what he can or can't do with his tickets. But I will let him know that selling seats on the open market to an unknown customer affects my "business" as a customer as well.

I choose to be a good neighbor, and will not put the people I know around me in a difficult situation by selling my extra seats on the marketplace to an unknown customer. I value their 30-year friendship too much to jeopardize it by recouping $40 on a ticket.

Proposition Joe
Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

Wrong again. I've explicitly said I'm not going to tell Excell or anybody what he can or can't do with his tickets. But I will let him know that selling seats on the open market to an unknown customer affects my "business" as a customer as well.

I choose to be a good neighbor, and will not put the people I know around me in a difficult situation by selling my extra seats on the marketplace to an unknown customer. I value their 30-year friendship too much to jeopardize it by recouping $40 on a ticket.

And I would hope you would understand that some people can't afford to eat a $250 ticket, even if you can. (And I'd also hope you understand the irony of you constantly beating the "our fan support sucks!" drum but then saying you'll just let your primo seat sit empty often times).

But again, if an opposing fan being near you really impacts your enjoyment of a game THAT much, IMO maybe watching on TV instead of trying to police ticket sellers is more for you.

But judging by this thread and the "OMG CAT IN THE HAT RUINED EVERYONE INCLUDING SCHLOSS' NIGHT!", it's just a lot of people complaining to complain.
20ag07
Quote:

I choose to be a good neighbor, and will not put the people I know around me in a difficult situation by selling my extra seats on the marketplace to an unknown customer.
Lol- "a difficult situation".

As long as people aren't pouring drinks/food on you, or trying to physically fight you, what "difficult situation" have you been put in?

(Except not being in an echo chamber.)

BONKERS.
Hop
Staff
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

And I would hope you would understand that some people can't afford to eat a $250 ticket, even if you can. (And I'd also hope you understand the irony of you constantly beating the "our fan support sucks!" drum but then saying you'll just let your primo seat sit empty often times).

But again, if an opposing fan being near you really impacts your enjoyment of a game THAT much, IMO maybe watching on TV instead of trying to police ticket sellers is more for you.

But judging by this thread and the "OMG CAT IN THE HAT RUINED EVERYONE INCLUDING SCHLOSS' NIGHT!", it's just a lot of people complaining to complain.

Excell's family name is on a building. Please stop with the poor guy needs the $40 to eat at McDonald's for the next week schtick.

I work at TexAgs. I make less than any season ticket holder in the lower bowl. It's 40 bucks. Weak argument.

Whether he's rich or poor, it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants to do with his tickets. But I can show my displeasure with it as well without getting personal. I won't do it, but he does. That's fine. We'll both survive and move on.
nosoupforyou
AG
HOP is speaking for me

Excel should listen to his perspective and then do what he wants - his arrogance and only seeing one side is disheartening for a good Ag (which I assume he is)
Proposition Joe
Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

Excell's family name is on a building. Please stop with the poor guy needs the $40 to eat at McDonald's for the next week schtick.

I work at TexAgs. I make less than any season ticket holder in the lower bowl. It's 40 bucks. Weak argument.

Whether he's rich or poor, it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants to do with his tickets. But I can show my displeasure with it as well without getting personal. I won't do it, but he does. That's fine. We'll both survive and move on.

Maybe his family's name is on a building because they didn't let $250 tickets go to waste?

You say it's $40, but donation level for courtside seats is $1815/ticket. At 15 home games that comes out to $121 a game (and even that's being a bit kind seeing as we all know a Saturday conference home game vs a Top 10 team is worth a hell of a lot more in a season package than Depaul on a Wednesday).

That's not chump change.

And I agree he can do what he wants with this tickets and you are fine to voice your displeasure with it. But many of us have sat around just as many obnoxious Aggies as we have opposing fans. It's part of attending live events -- if it crosses a line, you let them know or you tell an usher. Otherwise? It's just being dramatic saying it "ruins the experience".
LB12Diamond
AG
Oh oh

Prop Jo on another soapbox. Not seen it this bad since his rant on Buzz's 3 point defense.
Proposition Joe
LB12Diamond said:

Oh oh

Prop Jo on another soapbox. Not seen it this bad since his rant on Buzz's 3 point defense.

This time without pictures though!
MarcAg
AG
I'll just say it again, I don't care if a season ticket holder gave his tickets to a Tennessee fan, especially a buddy. We do nice things for our buddies.

I don't care if that Tennessee fan is the loudest guy in the building cheering for the Vols (as long as it's in good taste). I have an issue with dude wearing an obnoxious obstructing hat though. I would have same problem if he was an Aggie wearing that hat. I don't think the person giving away the tickets is obligated to text/call and confirm what the guy is wearing to the game? I'm also going to blame people around him for not saying anything to him. Not meaning in a confronting manner, but did anybody kindly ask him to remove his hat? He might have obliged, he might not have.
1) don't wear a hat like that to a sporting evening no matter who you are rooting for, even the home team.
2) people around him should politely ask him to remove it.
Proposition Joe
I think you missed where the whole "wore the hat and obstructed people's view all game long" didn't actually happen.
911sAg
Gotta side with xl here some of y'all sound like major poons cause some guy wore a hat
David_Puddy
AG
Not surprising that hop is yet again blowing something way out of proportion. The Dr. Seuss hat was not on the guys head while the game was being played as discussed. Their family has been going to games for the longest time when Reed Arena was a complete ghost town.

Hop bringing up their family name being on a building is completely asinine as well. That is a great grandfather and the family was not handed down any money and they've all had to work their whole lives, so Hop posting like they inherited of bunch of wealth is also complete nonsense.They also did not sell UK tickets as Excel's son sent me a pic from the game of his young daughter in those seats.
David_Puddy
AG
Excel is also a military veteran I believe. When did Hop serve?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.