stop reselling your tickets

17,402 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by EXCELL
bluthsfrozenbanana
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because they shouldn't be there to start with
Bucketrunner
The only visiting fans who are disgusting are the cretins from LSU
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
It was actually a good split in the upper levels of the sections behind the bench, all the way to the corners. Not just their allotment.
20ag07
Quote:

K.

How bout you donate enough to the 12th Man, buy all the seats, and make sure you get them to who you want.

Otherwise, it's none of your business what other people do with their money.
AgLA06
AG
bluthsfrozenbanana said:

Tickets are sold to the PUBLIC. And even allotted to opposing fans intentionally.

Get real.
jeremy
AG
frenchtoast said:

EXCELL will get the death stare upon his return from Belize.

You betta Belize that!
Hop
Staff
AG
EXCELL said:

Well, those seats belong to me. I've been a season ticket holder for over 50yrs and my dad before that.
Going to Aggie basketball since Shelby Metcalf was an assistant.

The big guy in the Vol "cat in the hat" is one of my two best friends in the world and has been for decades.
He travelled from Knoxville (actually Alcoa) to come to game as I am in Belize and neither me nor my family was able to attend.

The other guy is unknown to me ... my friend's sister was going to come with him but came down sick at the last minute. He picked that guy out of the line coming in and invited him to use the other seat.

The tickets were not sold ... they were gifted. At the Kentucky game there were two guests in those seats who bid on those tickets at a charity fund raiser for animal rescue. And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

You have the right to sell or give tickets to whomever you choose, but you do have people around you (like me) who has been a season ticket holder for 33 years. We're just asking that you be a good neighbor and be considerate of OUR experience as well when allocating your unused tickets.

As for the Dr. Seuss character from Tennessee, he's not obnoxious or rude. If he's a friend, it's great you want to give him the experience of watching his school get their teeth kicked in at Reed. But the damn hat obstructs the view of the season ticket holders behind him. In fact, Jim Schlossnagle was in the seat behind him, and he moved. He had the luxury to move, but others don't. In the future I think it's reasonable to ask him not to wear the Dr. Seuss hat during the game for the sake of your long-time season ticket neighbors around you. We DO pay and we HAVE paid for our tickets every year just like you. We're just asking for some common courtesy.
TheTexian
AG
Those prime seats should be the student section, IMO. SEC bans student sections being behind the benches but there's no reason the students shouldn't have the opposite sideline close to the court.

Y'all want an intimidating Reed Arena? That's how you get it.
Proposition Joe
It was said more in jest that the prime seating down low at Reed is a large percentage of faculty/staff and people who are grandfathered in at lower donation costs so the seats rarely turnover (and the hairs keep getting bluer and bluer).

As for the OP, he has posts for the last two games asking around for free tickets. I don't think he's someone who is in any position to be dictating who should be doing what with their tickets.

As for the Tennessee Seuss hat - I find it extremely hard to believe that if asked to remove it due to view obstruction that he wouldn't have obliged, or if push came to shove simply an usher request that he remove it. Politely tap on his shoulder and ask him to remove it? Hell no, I'll come complain on the internet about it instead!

But like all things attendance/ticket related, people love to make a mountain out of a molehill. "Oh god an opposing fan had good seats to a road game!? The horror!... Wait a minute... Many of us seek out primo seats to away football games all the time."
BudFox7
Hop said:

EXCELL said:

Well, those seats belong to me. I've been a season ticket holder for over 50yrs and my dad before that.

The big guy in the Vol "cat in the hat" is one of my two best friends in the world and has been for decades.
He travelled from Knoxville (actually Alcoa) to come to game as I am in Belize and neither me nor my family was able to attend.

The other guy is unknown to me ... my friend's sister was going to come with him but came down sick at the last minute. He picked that guy out of the line coming in and invited him to use the other seat.

The tickets were not sold ... they were gifted. At the Kentucky game there were two guests in those seats who bid on those tickets at a charity fund raiser for animal rescue. And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

You have the right to sell or give tickets to whomever you choose, but you do have people around you (like me) who has been a season ticket holder for 33 years. We're just asking that you be a good neighbor and be considerate of OUR experience as well when allocating your unused tickets.

As for the Dr. Seuss character from Tennessee, he's not obnoxious or rude. If he's a friend, it's great you want to give him the experience of watching his school get their teeth kicked in at Reed. But the damn hat obstructs the view of the season ticket holders behind him. In fact, Jim Schlossnagle was in the seat behind him, and he moved. He had the luxury to move, but others don't. In the future I think it's reasonable to ask him not to wear the Dr. Seuss hat during the game for the sake of your long-time season ticket neighbors around you. We DO pay and we HAVE paid for our tickets every year just like you. We're just asking for some common courtesy.

Do whatever you want with the seats you purchased. WGAS what ppl like this think. Ppl want to control what others do. To hell with them.
scd88
AG
EXCELL said:

If one chooses to give/sell their tickets to opposing fans, then they should expect a little backlash. I abhor being around opposing fans; that's why I don't do road games. Having them close to me is frustrating, especially if it's a seat from a season ticket holder.

I pay for my two seats but when I can't go I make sure an Aggie uses them. Your buddy's hat schtick was a dick move. He was there last year, too, if I remember correctly.

LB12Diamond
AG
I knew this thread would deliver.
MarcAg
AG
I posted on the clown of the game thread earlier that the dude in the "cat in the hat" is an a-hole for wearing that. I'm not changing that stance because he's a good friend of an Aggie. If he is in his home arena wearing that he's still an a-hole. Doesn't matter what fan base he is obstructing. Completely inconsiderate.

And I have no issue with the season ticket owner giving these tickets to that guy. Just the issue with guy in the hat being completely inconsiderate of those around him.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just keep knocking that hat off. Problem solved.

A guy does that in front of me. I'm asking him to remove it. If he does not. Let the fun begin.
The Marksman
AG
Yeah that Tennessee fan with the ginormous hat is a trashy person. Obscuring the view and ruining the enjoyment of other fans is classless and entitled behavior. It only takes simple common courtesy or basic decency not to wear that.
AgEfan
Was at the game and I told my buddy that I couldn't believe nobody made him remove that hat. Ridiculous that somebody can be that clueless or simply not care about those around them.
20ag07
Quote:

If one chooses to give/sell their tickets to opposing fans, then they should expect a little backlash. I abhor being around opposing fans; that's why I don't do road games. Having them close to me is frustrating, especially if it's a seat from a season ticket holder.
Sorry you don't get to have fun experiencing opposing venues.

Life shouldn't be an echo chamber. And neither should a sports venue.

If you want to control the seats, buy them all. If you can't afford to, stop telling other people what to do with their money.
johnnyblaze36
AG
The real question is how old is cat in the hat guy? If EXCELL has been a season ticket holder for over 50 years and that's one of his best firends, then surely cat in the hat guy is a grown man over the age of 18, correct?

No grown man should ever wear such a thing in public to an indoor basketball arena regardless.
bdp514am
I get that home fans often don't appreciate sitting next to visiting fans. But it is part of the game. tu was foolish enough to sell us block tickets one year (the double OT game). An old codger who found himself sitting next to about 100 Aggies was none too happy. We even found an Aggie with much better seats who was willing to trade with the guy but the guy didn't want to budge from his seats and complained the whole game about us being there.
scd88
AG
I didn't tell him what to do; I just gave my opinion of what he did.
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
I go to the games as a student and had visitors with me from out of town… As a broke college student I'm not trying to pay more money for tickets, so of course I'd ask if people are giving them away.
TjgtAg08
AG
If you have close-to-the-action, premium seats, and for the biggest home games of the year (Kentucky, Tennessee) you give them to opposing fans, you are going to get blasted for it, and deservedly so.

Those seats are yours, you have the right to do anything you want with them (rightfully so), but if all the Aggie fans around you have to deal with opposing fans in your seats during the biggest moments, they are gonna be pissed. And they are right to feel that way.
Expert Analysis
AG
Did he wear the hat while the game was going on? I never noticed him keeping it on but I wasn't behind him.
20ag07
Quote:

I go to the games as a student and had visitors with me from out of town… As a broke college student I'm not trying to pay more money for tickets, so of course I'd ask if people are giving them away.
Soooo…a student who wants free tickets wants to tell season ticket holders what to do with their tickets/money.

OK. Cool. Get back to anybody about what they should be doing with their stuff when you can afford it.
DTP02
AG
EXCELL said:

How about tell your friend not to wear a dang hat that clearly was only designed to screw with everybody sitting behind him? That is crap and your friend is an ass for doing it and you shouldn't condone it.

This isn't complicated. I can't imagine doing that in my own team's arena let alone the opponent's place. Total BS.

As far as you telling everyone else to STFU, your friend was screwing with everyone else by his actions. Own that and quit trying to act like you're the victim here. Your friend was clearly in the wrong by any objective view and you are the one who enabled that.
20ag07
Quote:

As far as you telling everyone else to STFU, your friend was screwing with everyone else by his actions.
This is some very clear dramaticism.

"Screwing with everyone"?

It was a few people, at most.

Except for the people, that weren't in the vicinity, that want to tell other people what to do.
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
Ok! Have fun in your misery yelling at 20 year olds online. I want our arena filled with our people. Hope this made you feel better
20ag07
Quote:

Ok! Have fun in your misery yelling at 20 year olds online. I want our arena filled with our people. Hope this made you feel better
One day, you won't be a 20yo getting cheap seats.

And you'll understand that people who spend money to get seats, which isn't cheap, should be able to do what they want to with them.

And that a 20yo shouldn't 1)Tell grown ass people what to do with their money, and 2)think you are in charge of the entire arena to tell people what to do.

Find something more productive to post about. Unless you can afford to buy all the seats.
bluthsfrozenbanana
AG
Thanks for the lecture Dad. I'm sorry your ego is hurt. Simple concept here. Gig 'em
alamogeorge
AG
bluthsfrozenbanana said:

I really wasn't talking to you. But thanks for taking offense. I was talking to the hordes of people behind the visiting bench that let the folks in orange in who were starting chants for the opposing team in our arena. Congrats on your status
Your backtrack doesn't align with your photo.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
5 Dollar Footlong
So I take it that if I buy my ticket I can yell "overrated" at the opposing team and if people don't like it they can just STFU?

Just making sure I understand the protocol here.
Mikeyshooter
AG
EXCELL said:

And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

Badass MFer right here folks.

Muy
AG
EXCELL said:

JJxvi
AG
Just so I can make sure I am following this thread...

XL let a friend of his have his tickets, but its like two people and we're mainly upset about the hat that he wore.

But otherwise...we're talking about a block behind the visitors bench, and lots of people in the upper deck in the corners...so like tickets that Tennessee fans bought directly because they are the vistors allotment or publicly available?
Craigy
EXCELL said:

Anymore excuses?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.