top 5 Ags minutes played vs UK

3,547 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by _lefraud_
Topher17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

And manny does need more minutes!

I very much disagree with this statement. We don't have the depth to not play him most games, but we are pretty awful offensively anytime he is on the floor. He's good defensively, but I don't think he's so much better on that end that it negates the negatives offensively.

As others have said though we have three other guys who tend to be just as unpredictable game over game. You just have to try and quickly figure out who has it that day and who doesn't.
cords12
Hefner was a major liability first half against UK. He's a big reason we blew such a big lead before halftime. He didn't play very much second half. He just has not progressed much in his career.
bobinator
AG
I think I'm getting close to being able to predict Manny. One thing that helped against Kentucky is larger defenders. It almost doesn't matter how good are athletic they are because he's just as athletic, but he struggles against smaller defenders that he can't get by.
Topher17
AG
Realistically that should bode well tonight against Arkansas.
Devo Davis and El Ellis aren't particular small, but they aren't large either. Also Ellis has very little interest in defense most of the time.
Redfishag93
I would prefer to see more Manny minutes over Hef and Carter.
His upside is just too high to not let him develop with more minutes...not to mention he can get to the rim way better than the others and is better defensively.

Carter is the best rebounder of the 3 and Hef the best shooter.

I know he over-dribbles and can be a big mess half the time, but I'm not sure how he didn't get any 2nd half minutes after that highlight dunk and another bucket.
bobinator
AG
You almost can't run an offense with Manny on the floor unless he stands in the corner. The ball stops when he catches it and he's probably our worst passer.

I don't understand why people want to see more of him. Sometimes he's okay, especially when he can beat his guy, but he's probably my least favorite player to watch. He just absolutely kills any offensive flow at all which is something we struggle with anyway.
Skull Session
Just get the ball to manny at the top of the key and tell him to take it to the basket for a posterizing esipn top ten dunk and watch the the opposition fall over like bowling pins. Besides, why haven't buzz or one of his 14 assistants developed manny into a contributing on the court player for us. The guy has got talent!
Agdad081216
When he dribbles into the paint it's 75% bad. If the let him catch and shoot he is at his best.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
greg.w.h
AG
Agdad081216 said:

When he dribbles into the paint it's 75% bad. If the let him catch and shoot he is at his best.
When he dribbles my blood pressure soars…but sometimes it ends ok.
Agdad081216
We yell no Hef just shoot. Better out come!!!
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Topher17
AG
bobinator said:

I don't understand why people want to see more of him.

I mean we know why. It has everything to do with his star ranking out of HS and very little to do with actually watching him play the last 3 years.
_lefraud_
AG
Yea he's got to be one of the worst 5 star guys in recent memory.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.