Lunardi's Thoughts on Our Tourney

7,224 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HoustonAg2021
Texker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

That's really a stupid take from Lunardi and he's really just trying to stay relevant before he goes into hibernation before next year's bubble talk.
Bubble talk won't wait that long.

From the OP's link:

Quote:

16. Finally, there will be a full 2024 bracket posted not long after the Final Four. But if you can't wait that long, we'll tease the top 16 for next season during the CBI title game on Wednesday (ESPN2, 5 p.m. ET).

I happen to have the CBI game on. Besides the top 16 in the bottom left corner was the first team out....TAMU.

Edit clarification: 1st team out of top 16.
EliteZags
AG
Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

That's really a stupid take from Lunardi and he's really just trying to stay relevant before he goes into hibernation before next year's bubble talk.

From the OP's link:

Quote:

16. Finally, there will be a full 2024 bracket posted not long after the Final Four. But if you can't wait that long, we'll tease the top 16 for next season during the CBI title game on Wednesday (ESPN2, 5 p.m. ET).

I happen to have the CBI game on. Besides the top 16 in the bottom left corner was the first team out....TAMU.

So he has us winning 22 games
Aginnebraska
AG
Gap said:

Winning friends and influencing people.

Quote:

Sixteen sweet thoughts before we call it a season:

12. If you're going to make a stink about the selection committee -- talking about you, again, Texas A&M -- it helps to back up the words with decent play.

Sure, the Aggies might have been underseeded by a line or even two, but I can give athletic director Ross Bjork all the data he needs for the 2023 tournament: A&M made only 10 of 25 2-point shots (40%) in its lopsided loss to Penn State, a double-digit seed, and was even worse from 3-point range (10-for-34, 29.4%). Conversely, the Aggies allowed Penn State to shoot 59.1% from downtown and 48.2% overall. No team, regardless of seeding, is overcoming numbers like that in a single-elimination event.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/35908020/16-reasons-pay-attention-next-couple-weeks-ncaa-tournament-march-madness
Ok Joe... Now do Arizona, Purdue, and Virginia. Putz.
Gap
AG
Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

From the OP's link:

Quote:

Is this a real thing?

He has a top 16, jumps over teams 17-68, and has us a first team out?
MarcAg
AG
Gap said:

Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

From the OP's link:

Quote:

Is this a real thing?

We were the first team out of his top 16. He has us 17 in his ridiculous projections without knowing what any of these teams look like next year.
AZRAEL
AG
Method Man said:

They were a damn one seed. Of course they weren't complaining. I feel like I'm in crazy town. The seeding is based on your resume. Not on your results. Name me a team that was seeded two lines below where anyone else had them and matched up with the hottest team they could possibly play? I'm not going to defend how awful we were but I will defend our questioning the seeding which many non Ags who had no skin in the game did as well…including Lunardi.

I also feel like I am in crazy town. Lunardi is a *****, but on what the OP posted he never questioned the seeding, he actually said we should have been 1-2 seeds better.

His jab was that if you want to make a stink about your seed, you might want to follow it up with decent play and it is a valid point, you either put up or shut up.

I for one, think we should have been a 4, had a valid argument that we did not and pulled the worst possible matchup we could pull. However we got worked by 30, so take your licks and use that for fuel headed into next season.
jt16
AG
Hop said:

So where's his finger wagging dissection of Purdue, Virginia, and Kansas?

Now show me video footage of their head coach birching about seeding.
Method Man
Again, they were appropriately seeded so…terrible point.
TyperWoods
Lunardy = Finebaum = WGAS
Gap
AG
MarcAg said:

Gap said:

Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

From the OP's link:

Quote:

Is this a real thing?

We were the first team out of his top 16. He has us 17 in his ridiculous projections without knowing what any of these teams look like next year.

Thanks for the clarity. I was assuming he was projecting #69 which was next level preposterous.
The Lost
MarcAg said:

Gap said:

Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

From the OP's link:

Quote:

Is this a real thing?

Would be pretty epic trolling/clickbait though if it was us at 69
TheCurl84
AG
Boy on the list of people that need a good old country butt whoopin, Lunardi has climbed to the top.
Blinnaggie2002
In all fairness even tu struggled against them. They barely won the game. We should have won though.
Blinnaggie2002
They were all seeded at or near the top!!
Quail
We should have done what Mark Cuban did and filed a protest!!! On a call in the 3rd quarter! We should protest if we don't get the draw that Texags thinks or should file suit!
TheTruthsLastHope
Hop said:

Where did they cry about seeding? And Kansas lost by one with their coach being ruled out for the tournament 30 mins before first tip off.
halfastros81
AG
It's true that the Ags were underseeded and we were bitxhing about same It 's also true that we weren't ready and we got whipped. I think he has a point. None of it matters one bit at this juncture. Move on.
Faustus
MarcAg said:

Gap said:

Texker said:

Faustus said:

GrayMatter said:

From the OP's link:

Quote:

Is this a real thing?

Reddit link to the "way too early" Top 16 (Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee out of the SEC; Kansas, Baylor and UH out of the Big 12).

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/11z2q9t/joe_lunardis_waytooearly_2024_bracketology/

will_mi2018
Brutal, but well deserved. We can't expect the benefit of the doubt like other teams get when our first tourney appearance since 2016 goes like that. We also need to stop losing to nobody teams during non-conference. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling that Buzz is not it.
Hop
Staff
AG
I'm curious about them putting Alabama on the 2-seed line. They are clearly losing Miller and a couple of the other guys are seniors as well. Do they have an elite stud recruit signed for next year?
JJxvi
AG
Kentucky and Arkansas I would say are clearly going to be the most talented teams next year in the SEC. Alabama is likely a team we need to be better than to kind of stay in the upper echelon in the league.
EliteZags
AG
Ark has 2 studs signed but will lose their top 4 to the draft so will need to do it with a full lineup revamp again
BQ_90
AG
will_mi2018 said:

Brutal, but well deserved. We can't expect the benefit of the doubt like other teams get when our first tourney appearance since 2016 goes like that. We also need to stop losing to nobody teams during non-conference. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling that Buzz is not it.
what's brutal about being a 5 seed
Adam87inSA
AG
Hop said:

I'm curious about them putting Alabama on the 2-seed line. They are clearly losing Miller and a couple of the other guys are seniors as well. Do they have an elite stud recruit signed for next year?
What "sports prognosticators" do best is predict last season.

HTH
Method Man
My lord.
Aggie1188
TheTruthsLastHope said:

Hop said:

Where did they cry about seeding? And Kansas lost by one with their coach being ruled out for the tournament 30 mins before first tip off.
why would they cry about seeding? They were appropriately seeded. They even got to play crap teams.
Muy
AG
BTKAG97 said:

"Theoretically", if TAMU was seeded correctly, wouldn't they have had an easier opponent and thus a better chance of winning?
Muy
AG
Some Ags just love to celebrate Aggie losses because it proves them right
rlb28
AG
Hop said:

Four commits...

Nationally, #63, 108 and 178 with #92 committed earlier this month.
rlb28
AG
EliteZags said:

Ark has 2 studs signed but will lose their top 4 to the draft so will need to do it with a full lineup revamp again
Hogs have #16 and #23 nationally.
TyperWoods
Our loss in the tourney in no way justified a lower seeding than what the team EARNED.
Hungry Ojos
It's a fairly lazy argument that can hold true in any scenario in which a favorite loses. "See, you weren't ranked too low because you lost and that means you suck and never should have been ranked/seeded that high in the first place. We were right all along!!!!"

Literally the only way to prove that we were truly under-seeded, was to win. And since we didn't, they will always hold the final say.
hogfan14
EliteZags said:

Jordan Walsh is probably 50/50 on coming back. He, Devo and Brazile would be a nice start but Arkansas definitely needs to do some work in the portal to round out the roster, specifically need some shooters.
Kellso
The only way to respect is to get to the Final Four.
These games today are 2.5 hour info commercials (on National TV) about these particular universities.

When the whole country sees you tear down the nets......that respect will come. Until then...Buzz has got some work to do.

HoustonAg2021
Hop said:

We are easy to pick on because those are serious basketball programs whereas we are not. Same old song in dance with disrespect in football (COVID year). We don't have a history of being elite (in any major sport really) and the media will favor the programs that do have history of being elite (even if recent)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.