Story Poster
Texas A&M Basketball

TexAgs en Español: Dominican native Andersson Garcia ready to dance

March 15, 2023

Ahead of Thursday evening's matchup with the Penn State Nittany Lions, TexAgs' David Nuño caught up with Texas A&M's defensive, charge-taking, rebounding extraordinaire, Andersson Garcia, in his native tongue.

Editor’s Note: A translation has been provided below

How are we doing?

I am doing fine. I’m very thankful to be here and very enthusiastic.

People have been telling me I have to speak Spanish with you, and we’re going to talk. How do you like College Station, the team, Buzz (Williams) and everything?

I like it a lot. I really like a lot. I have great chemistry with the staff, the players and the fans. I love the chemistry that I was able to create and that people are able to create with me on this new team.

Why did you come here to College Station?

I think that I identify with the team. I play very similarly to how the team plays... I play hard and aggressively, and that’s how I like to play on the court.

And the music, what do you like to listen to?

I like music. Every time I listen to a rhythm, I try to dance to it. It’s like us Dominicans have that flavor (for dance).

I love Bad Bunny, Maluma and Nicky Jam.

Yes, yes. I also like Bad Bunny.

He’s (Bad Bunny) is with the Jenners now. That’s not good, right?

Hmmm.

Why are you always in the right place at the right time? When you played against Alabama, Tennessee and Arkansas...

I always like to do the little things that you really can’t see. I like to look for ways to help the team in other things or in other ways that perhaps the other players don’t focus on too much.

And this game vs. Penn State, what can you tell me about them?

It’s a great team, really. We are trying to work on the small things to be able to give the best of ourselves, and that’s what we have in mind. We need to give the best of ourselves to have good results.

Thank you for the interview. This is TexAgs in Spanish. 
Discussion from...

TexAgs en Español: Dominican native Andersson Garcia ready to dance

3,045 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94 Aggie
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VAMOS ANDY!!!
Seven Costanza
AG
He speaks a very neutral Spanish. Dominicans are often hard to understand (at least for me).
rondis23
AG
Gracias Nuño!!! You made lots of Aggies happy today!

-FigurineChamp
fightintxaggie10
AG
Si
agtrevino07
AG
Genial Nuño! It's really good to see Latin American athletes succeeding in our university. We are a diverse community and it's great to highlight a case of success.
Papa Joe
AG
Buena suerte contra penn state!
ewalsh
AG
Me gust mucho escuchar la entrevista en español, no saba que Anderson era Dominicano, mucha fuerza para t hoy contra Penn State. BTHO Penn State.

David me gustara que en otras ramas del deporte entrevistaras a ms deportistas Latinos

Desde El Salvador, un abrazo y la mejor de las suertes este da en el partido contra Penn State.

Gig'em
94 Aggie
Super cool. Wepa! Tigre!!!!Para la gente de kiskaye..
Class of 94. We never lost at Kyle Field!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.