Other.Games

62,470 Views | 877 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gil Renard
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eddie House's son should shoot more 3s.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

We play Arky twice. Hard to root for them but seems better for us if they win.

If you enjoy reading/listening to melt down fan bases, nothing is better than when Kentucky loses. They HATE Calipari at this point over there.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
SEC play for tonight:

Tennessee @ Vandy tipping off now
Florida @ Bama 8:00
LSU @ Miss State 8:00
TyHolden
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

SEC play for tonight:

Thank God - I was about to throw my dog through the tv when they put on Iowa State vs West Virginia on ESPN2 instead of Bama/UF.....espn.com has it listed wrong.
gsb13
Vanderbilt has one of the most interesting floor/arenas
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Michael Cera Palin said:

SEC play for tonight:

I'll predict:

Vandy upsets the Vols (leaving Aggies in sole possession of second place)

Bama beats Florida in a close one.

Miss State beats LSU.

bobinator
AG
I kinda like Vandy to challenge Tennessee also. Not sure they'll actually win but they could give them trouble.
zooguy96
Vandy already giving UT trouble.
TyHolden
AG
hard to play in the community center
zooguy96
TN likes to foul a lot.
zooguy96
Make TN be an outside shooting team sans Vescovi. Pack it down low. Don't let them drive.

Win the game.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Maybe it's just because I've caught them in some games where they've had off-nights, but there's nothing I've seen from Tennessee that makes me think we can't beat them at Reed. I feel oddly confident about that game.
Texags Meltdown
AG
Tennessee has been largely unimpressive on the road this year. Really hope we can pull that one out
Method Man
You spelled "worst" wrong.
gougler08
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

Maybe it's just because I've caught them in some games where they've had off-nights, but there's nothing I've seen from Tennessee that makes me think we can't beat them at Reed. I feel oddly confident about that game.

Yeah I've only seen them a handful of times but nothing jumps out as Top 10 team when I've watched. Bama on the other hand, definitely looks good (sans OU game)
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. Like if Alabama brings their best game to Reed there's really nothing we could do to beat them. I don't feel the that way about Tennessee.
miller0926
AG
I really, really, really, really hope everyone understands we need to be rooting for Bama tonight.
Method Man
Seems odd since we've beaten UF twice and will only have one opportunity to beat Bama. I get the arguments for why I think.
t - cam
AG
Big 12 up to it's usual tricks.
Texags Meltdown
AG
Why? It would be nice for our home win vs. UF to be Q1 and for us to control our own destiny in the SEC. Can't think of any pros to Bama winning
miller0926
AG
Because on Saturday we will be right back in the same position on the last 4 out looking up at Florida in the last 4 in
t - cam
AG
Method Man said:

Seems odd since we've beaten UF twice and will only have one opportunity to beat Bama. I get the arguments for why I think.

We are in direct competition with Florida.
agswin1988
AG
So you are conceding the conference title?? Why would u want Alabama to win when we are chasing them for first place?

They are going to be a top ten team when we play them anyways so please explain how them winning helps us
miller0926
AG
agswin1988 said:

So you are conceding the conference title?? Why would u want Alabama to win when we are chasing them for first place?

They are going to be a top ten team when we play them anyways so please explain how them winning helps us

because that conference title means NOTHING to seeding.
miller0926
AG
agswin1988 said:

I just explained it. Florida will immediately vault us in to the field, putting us right back on the last 4 out. It does not matter that we beat them twice head to head.
Fairview20
AG
Florida with wins vs Bama and Tennessee gets in over us regardless of if we beat them twice.
agswin1988
AG
miller0926 said:

agswin1988 said:

because that conference title means NOTHING to seeding.

It might not mean nothing to seeding but it definitely means we will be in the tournament and give our young men pride in what they have accomplished. I bet if u ask all our players they are rooting for Florida tonight.
t - cam
AG
Fairview20 said:

Florida with wins vs Bama and Tennessee gets in over us regardless of if we beat them twice.

It does help our resume though. Ideally we keep winning and so do they and we climb significantly up the seed lines. It's still a little early to worry to much about other bubble teams. We just need as good of a resume as we can get.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I kinda think is too much worrying about specific games this early. Good chance Florida ends up nowhere near the cut line.
Method Man
And a bunch of other teams we haven't swept
bobinator
AG
I'm for Alabama because it would make our potential win over them that much better more than because it hurts Florida any.
bobinator
AG
Iowa State dropping this game is practically automatic, Big 12 script writers not even hiding it
Fairview20
AG
I do agree with this. In a perfect world we both keep winning and those two wins improve our resume more.
brunsie
AG
Vandy 63- 63 tied with Tennessee. Who are you cheering for?
bobinator
AG
What a wild sequence

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.