Diarra Potential Destinations

10,541 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Complete Idiot
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know if this is where he will end up, but apparently Arizona has been one of the hottest suitors for Hassan since entering the portal. This is coming from someone currently on the team.

Reading here I was thinking he would land at an A10 type school.

I just found this interesting and thought I would share as it might be of interest to others.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I find it hard to believe Arizona can offer him the kind of role he's looking for.
jja79
AG
Arizona has 5 guards returning that played >20 minutes per game last year. Mathurin and Kriisa are outstanding. Don't see minutes on that roster.
Gap
AG
Strange that none of our media have interviewed Hassan. Nothing hostile, nothing looking to point fingers, or find any fault, but just getting his words on what he is looking for.

I know I'm giving y'all 3rd party information. But I wish someone would t-up an actual direct interview with him. Would something like that put them in bad graces with our basketball staff? I wouldn't think so, but wondering why it isn't done.
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
He will end up at a school on the East Coast
mikesyracuse1
I'm sure Fordham is calling

Mikesyracuse1
Topher17
AG
If his goal is an increased role, Arizona doesn't seem like the best choice.
Gap
AG
I read that here (might certainly be accurate), but no one seems to have talked directly to him it appears.
EliteZags
AG
VERY POSSIBLE, ARIZONA AND ASU ARE LOOKING VERY HARD AT LEACH AND DIARRA HAS STATED HE WOULD FOLLOW LEACH IF HE WERE TO LEAVE TEXAS A&M TO GO OUT WEST.
Mike Elko
AG
Hopefully he aims for a toilet, amirite?
Method Man
Next topic.
TheChameleon
AG
Arizona would be a surprise. He has tools though, we'll see. Mathurin is going pro so that's one spot freed up. Was thinking of a school like Iona maybe, in NY and it's a very good program.
war hymn aggie
AG
I'm thinking he goes back to NY.
St John's or Hofstra perhaps?
aggiebones
AG
Any chance that he's bitter about NIT Finals. I know he wanted to show out in that game in front of his home crowd and he kinda got benched when it counted and we lost.

Not sure why else he'd leave. He's at worst our 6th man and you see where that led for Q.

Kids make reactive moves sometimes. This seems like one to me. Maybe not.
bobinator
AG
It's not really that strange.

There's a bunch of reasons than what you put them all together makes that kind of interview unlikely.

If he was a more well known player you might get something from a national guy.

Best we can probably hope for is an interview after he commits somewhere.
TopoTacos
AG
Gap said:

Strange that none of our media have interviewed Hassan. Nothing hostile, nothing looking to point fingers, or find any fault, but just getting his words on what he is looking for.

I know I'm giving y'all 3rd party information. But I wish someone would t-up an actual direct interview with him. Would something like that put them in bad graces with our basketball staff? I wouldn't think so, but wondering why it isn't done.

Has that ever happened with any of our players in any sport? You usually don't see that with outgoing guys…
greg.w.h
AG
Best wishes to Diarra. He provided a beating heart to our team and provided meaningful emotional leadership according to Buzz. That's an intangible. But his game-winning shots were tangibles.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

It's not really that strange.

There's a bunch of reasons than what you put them all together makes that kind of interview unlikely.

If he was a more well known player you might get something from a national guy.

Best we can probably hope for is an interview after he commits somewhere.
Even with those transfers you see articles about, you rarely hear why they are transferring, more questions just about who they are looking at and what they like about those schools.
TAM85
Buzz is going to have to find someone else to trust his life with.
85AustinAg
AG
Gonna miss Diarra and Cash. Big hearts from those kids and they played hard.
MarcAg
AG
85AustinAg said:

If it makes you feel better, these kids coming in also have big hearts and are more talented.
LawHall88
AG
war hymn aggie said:

I'm thinking he goes back to NY.
St John's or Hofstra perhaps?
His older brother is a grad assistant at UConn, FWIW.
monarch
S
Hofstra... The Flying Dutchmen!
Peace for Ukraine!
czar_iv
AG
I don't even understand why Diarra left … even coming off the bench, he'll probably get more minutes than most starters in several games
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
TxAg76
AG
MarcAg said:

85AustinAg said:

If it makes you feel better, these kids coming in also have big hearts and are more talented.

Clear eyes? Full hearts?
Are you saying we're not gonna be able to lose??
Ag_EE_88
AG
MarcAg said:

85AustinAg said:

Hopefully, but of course, they could be like Marcus Williams too.

And there isn't anything wrong with missing guys on the team who are leaving.
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

MarcAg said:

85AustinAg said:

Hopefully, but of course, they could be like Marcus Williams too.

And there isn't anything wrong with missing guys on the team who are leaving.
They aren't like Marcus Williams. And yeah there isn't anything wrong with missing dudes who leave. I am just trying to reassure him that these kids coming in also have big hearts and will play hard.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Not saying that this was the wrong thing to do. We gotta do what's best to move the program forward and I'm with Buzz and getting the new guys 100%. I like Diarra and Cash though, that's all.
DTP02
AG
85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Not saying that this was the wrong thing to do. We gotta do what's best to move the program forward and I'm with Buzz and getting the new guys 100%. I like Diarra and Cash though, that's all.

We didn't want Diarra to leave. That was his choice based on what he thought his usage was going to be going forward.
Hop
Staff
AG
DTP02 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

We didn't want Diarra to leave. That was his choice based on what he thought his usage was going to be going forward.

It's a gray fuzzy line between a coach wanting a player back and a coach that wants his spot for an incoming transfer.
DTP02
AG
Hop said:

DTP02 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

It's a gray fuzzy line between a coach wanting a player back and a coach that wants his spot for an incoming transfer.

Based on everything I've heard, we wanted Diarra back and his leaving was unexpected, so I don't think it's a gray fuzzy line with him.
czar_iv
AG
Hop said:

DTP02 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

If Buzz really needed a spot for a transfer, there are like 4-5 other guys he would've forced out before Diarra.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
WestTexasAg
AG
Hop said:

DTP02 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Yeah, I think you are off base on this one. Don't think Buzz wanted Diarra to leave. Sounds more like Diarra wanted more guaranteed playing time which Buzz could not guaranty.
Hop
Staff
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Hop said:

DTP02 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Yeah, I think you are off base on this one. Don't think Buzz wanted Diarra to leave. Sounds more like Diarra wanted more guaranteed playing time which Buzz could not guaranty.
I think what I said was exactly your sentiments. He certainly wasn't going to run him off, but he was also honest with him about his expected role on the team next year which led to his leaving...thus, the fuzzy line comment.
MarcAg
AG
I think Robinson will be an upgrade over Diarra if he is healthy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.