Its no longer fun watching this team

3,175 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiebones
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's like the coaches said "tonight boys we have no offensive strategy".

Just dribble and shoot.

This was LSUs second team.

What going on with Williams? tougher competition?
Texas A&M
Don't worry. It will be alright. Buzz will have some motivational quote on this twitter feed tomorrow, and it will all be ok.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Then don't watch. Problem solved.
Halconblack
AG
If you don't think this is far more enjoyable than last year's team, your wrong.
v/r
Muy
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

That's what we need, even fewer fans
HSEAG13
Halconblack said:

If you don't think this is far more enjoyable than last year's team, your wrong.

True, but last years team got essentially a DNF.
txaggieacct85
AG
Halconblack said:

The last three games have been miserable. The main point is the Aggies had better players on the court tonight.

Diarra, Taylor Williams and Coleman combined for a total of TWELVE points.
BQ_90
AG
Texas A&M said:

Don't worry. It will be alright. Buzz will have some motivational quote on this twitter feed tomorrow, and it will all be ok.
Maybe wear purple shirts Saturday
Rule#2
AG
Muy said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

It's the same ol story. **** basketball gets **** viewership. You want people watching? Play more sound basketball
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
Muy
AG
Rule#2 said:

Muy said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

It's the same ol story. **** basketball gets **** viewership. You want people watching? Play more sound basketball

I agree 100% with you, not like the poster that tells pissed off fans to stop watching.
Just Tired
Halconblack said:

kind of like omicron ain't as bad as the previous brand of covid.
ADJME7002
AG
Frustrating? Yes. But this team is amazingly entertaining even though it's bad basketball much of the time. The thought early in season that we'd get blown out a couple times may not be accurate. This team fights. They've got more chances to get that win or two they need to make the tourney. But anyone disappointed about where we are and the conversations we're having now in light of preseason expectations is missing out on a chance to enjoy this team with all its struggles and frustrations.
SolidRockAg
if williams didn't look like he just woke up after an allnight of playing fortnite and just ate a bowl of cereal and cared more about the stupid passes he makes but wade taylor over there sitting on the bench after going off on arkansas
frenchtoast
I still enjoy watching them, even though tonight was definitely a wasted opportunity. I'll be tuning in again this Saturday.
Ags #1
AG
Wade has 0
Points and 5 turnovers
Bunk Moreland
Go away
bobinator
AG
I've never wanted the ability to downvote posts until this guy started posting on this board
txaggieacct85
AG
bobinator said:

I've never wanted the ability to downvote posts until this guy started posting on this board
I've watched every televised game and been to three home games. Not to mention given money to the 12th man for years.

I'm telling like it is. There's no excuse for losing this game.
Tobias Funke
AG
You're right in that we don't have a good excuse for losing that game. Everything lined up for us to take a marquee win and we choked at the end.

However, saying we have zero offensive philosophy and that the team isn't enjoyable to watch is such a weird, miserable take, that you just come across like you're spamming the board with excess negativity after every game because you don't know how to process feelings like an adult. I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. But you do you.
Kellso
This team needs AC Law and DeAndre Jordan.

If Buzz can get two guys of that caliber to commit to the program then I could see a deep run in the NCAA tournament.
The current team is close. They just need a little bit more high end talent to push them over the edge.
I see Buzz's coaching ability getting this team to an 8 or 9 seed.

If anyone wants to jump on a bandwagon the Houston Cougars have a great team this year, and are looking to get back to the Final Four. They play an exciting brand of basketball that is focused on fundamental defense.

Houston, Syracuse, Memphis, Miami, and Louisville are the schools that when they are winning also function as their cities de-facto home teams.....but only when they are winning. The residents of that city will not get caught wearing that teams gear if they are losing.

OTOH when these schools have elite teams the support they get from the community will rival that of a professional team.
It can be quite a home court advantage when you have the whole city behind you.
The Houston Cougars are trying to grow the size of their bandwagon.
nu awlins ag
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

That's what I do!!! I don't think I've watched an A&M basketball game in years. That last one I remember was the night A&M beat tu in Fran's last game and then A&M beat Ohio state in BB that same day. It was a glorious day indeed!
bobinator
AG
"Only comes on to complain when we lose" guy is better than "goes out of their way to proudly admit they don't care about the program" guy.
HotardRat
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

It's like the coaches said "tonight boys we have no offensive strategy".

Just dribble and shoot.
People who say this really expose themselves as folks who don't actually understand what they're watching.
Double Diamond
It's a long season and it's going to be up and down. The journey isn't for everybody.
Tobias Funke
AG
Also, there's a guy on another thread strangely recruiting people to become UH fans. I guess that's an option?
HotardRat
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Also, there's a guy on another thread strangely recruiting people to become UH fans. I guess that's an option?
I've been watching Wisconsin ever since we played them. Love watching their team. Johnny Davis is outstanding.
halfastros81
AG
OP needs better glasses. Ags are very fun to watch and the improvement from beginning of season to now is dramatic . It's a very tough league. 8 of 12 guys that get minutes are brand new to the program.
txaggieacct85
AG
Tobias Funke said:

You're right in that we don't have a good excuse for losing that game. Everything lined up for us to take a marquee win and we choked at the end.

However, saying we have zero offensive philosophy and that the team isn't enjoyable to watch is such a weird, miserable take, that you just come across like you're spamming the board with excess negativity after every game because you don't know how to process feelings like an adult. I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. But you do you.
Go back and watch a game from earlier this season against a decent opponent and compare it with last night. There was movement on offense.
txaggieacct85
AG
Tobias Funke said:

"process feelings like an adult" good one

Did you study psychology at A&M? Did you make good grades?

Maybe you're projecting on me and it's you that cant process feelings like an adult.
txaggieacct85
AG
HMM.
Method Man
Our offense is trash. Our recruiting is in the dumpster. Some boosters better step up and hire a stansbury assistant to turn it around.
Fairview20
AG
Somehow we're still 52 in NET which is right on the cutoff line.
halfastros81
AG
I have to admit that Saturday's game was not much fun to watch. Was pretty bullish on the team but that was bad.
Aston04
AG
Kellso said:

This team needs AC Law and DeAndre Jordan.

If Buzz can get two guys of that caliber to commit to the program then I could see a deep run in the NCAA tournament.
The current team is close. They just need a little bit more high end talent to push them over the edge.
I see Buzz's coaching ability getting this team to an 8 or 9 seed.

If anyone wants to jump on a bandwagon the Houston Cougars have a great team this year, and are looking to get back to the Final Four. They play an exciting brand of basketball that is focused on fundamental defense.

Houston, Syracuse, Memphis, Miami, and Louisville are the schools that when they are winning also function as their cities de-facto home teams.....but only when they are winning. The residents of that city will not get caught wearing that teams gear if they are losing.

OTOH when these schools have elite teams the support they get from the community will rival that of a professional team.
It can be quite a home court advantage when you have the whole city behind you.
The Houston Cougars are trying to grow the size of their bandwagon.
Yes, all we need to add is a consensus All-American and a sure fire NBA post prospect and we will be all set.
aggiebones
AG
Muy said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

We need more fans, less beeches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.