2021-2022 Full Schedule

3,555 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HoopsAg
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nov 1 (Mon) TBD Home Texas A&M-Kingsville Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Nov 10 (Wed) TBD Home North Florida Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Nov 12 (Fri) TBD Home ACU Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Nov 14 (Sun) TBD Home A&M-Corpus Christi Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Nov 17 (Wed) TBD Home HBU Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Nov 22 (Mon) 1:00 PM Neutral Wisconsin Lahaina, Hawai'i (Lahaina Civic Center)
Nov 23 (Tue) TBD Neutral Butler/Houston Lahaina, Hawai'i (Lahaina Civic Center)
Nov 24 (Wed) TBD Neutral Opponent TBD Lahaina, Hawai'i (Lahaina Civic Center)
Nov 30 (Tue) TBD Home New Orleans Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Dec 11 (Sat) TBD Neutral TCU Houston, Texas (Toyota Center)
Dec 14 (Tue) TBD Home Tulane Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Dec 18 (Sat) TBD Away Oregon State Corvallis, Ore. (Gill Coliseum)
Dec 21 (Tue) TBD Home Northwestern State Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Dec 29 (Wed) TBD Home UCA Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Jan 4 (Tue) TBD Away Georgia Athens, Ga. (Stegeman Coliseum)
Jan 8 (Sat) TBD Home Arkansas Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Jan 11 (Tue) TBD Home Ole Miss Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Jan 15 (Sat) TBD Away Missouri Columbia, MO (Mizzou Arena)
Jan 19 (Wed) TBD Home Kentucky Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Jan 22 (Sat) TBD Away Arkansas Fayetteville, AR (Bud Walton Arena)
Jan 26 (Wed) TBD Away LSU Baton Rouge, LA (Maravich Assembly Center)
Jan 29 (Sat) TBD Home South Carolina Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Feb 1 (Tue) TBD Away Tennessee Knoxville, TN (Thompson-Boling Arena)
Feb 5 (Sat) TBD Home Missouri Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Feb 8 (Tue) TBD Home LSU Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Feb 12 (Sat) TBD Away Auburn Auburn, AL (Auburn Arena)
Feb 15 (Tue) TBD Home Florida Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Feb 19 (Sat) TBD Away Vanderbilt Nashville, TN (Memorial Gym)
Feb 22 (Tue) TBD Home Georgia Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Feb 26 (Sat) TBD Away Ole Miss Oxford, Miss (The Pavilion at Ole Miss)
Mar 2 (Wed) TBD Away Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL (Coleman Coliseum)
Mar 5 (Sat) TBD Home Mississippi State Bryan-College Station (Reed Arena)
Rongagin71
AG
I spent eight years in Kingsville, and quite a bit of that time was at Texas A&I, now known as Texas A&M at Kingsville.
There was a lot of resistance to the name change, but A&M was just as insistent that if you are going to start taking our money, you also must take our name.
I'll probably be one of the few people at the game because of who A&M is playing.
Method Man
They want the money but not the name. Classic. Take it or leave it, suckers.
mic suede
Rongagin71 said:

I spent eight years in Kingsville, and quite a bit of that time was at Texas A&I, now known as Texas A&M at Kingsville.
There was a lot of resistance to the name change, but A&M was just as insistent that if you are going to start taking our money, you also must take our name.
I'll probably be one of the few people at the game because of who A&M is playing.

I think most of the name changes were met with similar frustration from the alums. Probably TAMC to TAMU back in the day, definitely A&I like you mentioned, similarly WTAMU hated the name change from West Texas State "WT" and SWT alums hated the change to Texas State.
bobinator
AG
Last year's KenPom ratings for our home non-con opponents:

North Florida - 297
Abilene Christian - 84
A&M CC - 344
Houston Baptist - 342
New Orleans - 278
Tulane - 144
Northwestern State - 317
Central Arkansas - 331

That's absolutely pathetic. I know we need some wins, and it's hard to get good teams to come here, but FOUR (almost five) teams that are 300+ is brutal stuff.
aggiejohn
AG
It sucks, for sure, and attendance will be about 2,000 people per game at most so the environment will suck.

Silver lining: maybe our squad will gel during this time and have some momentum going into 2022...
TXAggie2011
AG
bobinator said:

Last year's KenPom ratings for our home non-con opponents:

North Florida - 297
Abilene Christian - 84
A&M CC - 344
Houston Baptist - 342
New Orleans - 278
Tulane - 144
Northwestern State - 317
Central Arkansas - 331

That's absolutely pathetic. I know we need some wins, and it's hard to get good teams to come here, but FOUR (almost five) teams that are 300+ is brutal stuff.

We're basically playing two conference seasons. Southland and Southeastern. Yikes
bobinator
AG
The overall non-con is fine with the TCU and OreSU games and Maui, it's just a crap home schedule. And I know the home schedule is almost always crap, but this is just brutal.
Gap
AG
Well at least we get to look forward to the Spring and the heart of college basketball season between January 15 and the end of February when the students are engaged to a higher extent.

Check schedule, we have 2 weekend home games during this period:

1/29 South Carolina
2/5 Missouri
bobinator
AG
We do get one good break, the best crowd of the season (especially if we're any good) is the first home game after the students come back and this year that's going to be Kentucky on Wed. January 19.

If we're any good that could be a good chance to spark some atmosphere.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Why did they start trying to force the whole Bryan-College Station thing? The arena is only located in College Station.

That's the real issue here I'm sure.
Gap
AG
bobinator said:

We do get one good break, the best crowd of the season (especially if we're any good) is the first home game after the students come back and this year that's going to be Kentucky on Wed. January 19.

If we're any good that could be a good chance to spark some atmosphere.
That is a great and important opportunity to get the students involved!
aggiejohn
AG
From The Athletic:

(Greg Sankey put in an) actual league mandate: every SEC team's non-conference schedule must average out to a NET of no less than 150. Otherwise, the school is fined the equivalent of an NCAA unit. It's not foolproof. The league uses the NET from the previous season, and there's no guarantee an opponent will perform the same year to year. It also doesn't guarantee great non-league schedules. A team could, for example, still load up on a bunch of teams ranked in the low 100s, or partner two or three strong opponents with others ranked in the 300s and reach the number. Some coaches believed their peers might have gamed the system a little bit. "You pull up some of them? It was a joke,'' one coach says. "I don't know how they made their number.''

Which leads to this question:
Does this schedule for 21-22 actually achieve this?
bobinator
AG
Parts of the campus (namely, the RELLIS Campus) are in Bryan so they made this an official change last year. Officially, Texas A&M is located in "Bryan-College Station"

The city of Bryan has also been making a big push over the last several years to be part of "Aggieland" they've been calling downtown Bryan "Downtown Aggieland" for a while now also.
bobinator
AG
NET rankings:

297 - North Florida
74 - Abilene Christian
337 - TAMU-CC
332 - Houston Baptist
288 - New Orleans
133 - TCU
158 - Tulane
50 - Oregon State
308 - Northwestern State
318 - Central Arkansas

Avg: 229.5

Now I don't know how they count the tournaments, but we know we're getting Wisconsin (23) and let's say we get Houston (5) and the best team from the other side Oregon (24), that still only gives us an average of 180.5.

So not sure how we're getting away with this schedule unless there's something I'm missing.
greg.w.h
AG
BCG's first schedule was intentionally soft. The players gained confidence by scrimmaging against arguably weaker teams as he coached them up. That has to happen this year. Could qualify for a 8/9 or 12/12 play in with a .500 conference schedule and to be honest if we exceed thst I'll be pleasantly surprised. Or maybe an NIT bid. Or buy in for more experience if CBI/CIT is a thing. I'm not lowering my expectations by the way. Refuse to.
mic suede
You may not be "lowering your expectations" but you just used an NIT team as your comparison.
greg.w.h
AG
mic suede said:

You may not be "lowering your expectations" but you just used an NIT team as your comparison.
I don't think anyone can guess what's going to happen. I was comparing to BCG's first year on the schedule. This isn't Buzz's first year and he has a COY already. But what I've seen is a .500 schedule for the SEC isn't a guaranteed NCAA invite regardless of schedule. More seems to be based on league's body of work but team's also considered. So yeah. Can't guess what happens.
mic suede
Oh, good facts shared. Most here have never heard of the obscure coach named BCG and have no clue of his accomplishments.
aggiejohn
AG
mic suede said:

Oh, good facts shared. Most here have never heard of the obscure coach named BCG and have no clue of his accomplishments.

Not true!
I tried to name my son William Clyde (last name), but the wife killed that idea.
greg.w.h
AG
mic suede said:

Ouch
West Point Aggie
AG
bobinator said:

Parts of the campus (namely, the RELLIS Campus) are in Bryan so they made this an official change last year. Officially, Texas A&M is located in "Bryan-College Station"

The city of Bryan has also been making a big push over the last several years to be part of "Aggieland" they've been calling downtown Bryan "Downtown Aggieland" for a while now also.

Go to tamu.edu and tamus.edu and both show official addresses in the official web sites as College Station. Bryan can suck it!
bobinator
AG
All I can tell you is any official press release from the university now has to say "Bryan-College Station" as the dateline. I don't know why they haven't changed it on the website.

It's even in the game notes for football.

greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

All I can tell you is any official press release from the university now has to say "Bryan-College Station" as the dateline. I don't know why they haven't changed it on the website.

The long tail of Sharp's negotiation for local fiscal support for the rebuild I'm sure. They in essence coughed up a significant amount in some form though I couldn't tell you the number or how it exchanges hands. Complete mystery.
DukeMu
Hawaii is the OOC venue highly. Wiscy, Butler back to back would be a brutal early test.
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

bobinator said:

The long tail of Sharp's negotiation for local fiscal support for the rebuild I'm sure. They in essence coughed up a significant amount in some form though I couldn't tell you the number or how it exchanges hands. Complete mystery.

Wishful thinking. For a second I read negotiation as "resignation." A&M has really cleared the entire deck, except for Sharp. He really needs to go.

Overall soft schedule, but I think our guys will benefit and gel from lots of PRACTICE.
DeangeloVickers
AG
aggiejohn said:

From The Athletic:

(Greg Sankey put in an) actual league mandate: every SEC team's non-conference schedule must average out to a NET of no less than 150. Otherwise, the school is fined the equivalent of an NCAA unit. It's not foolproof. The league uses the NET from the previous season, and there's no guarantee an opponent will perform the same year to year. It also doesn't guarantee great non-league schedules. A team could, for example, still load up on a bunch of teams ranked in the low 100s, or partner two or three strong opponents with others ranked in the 300s and reach the number. Some coaches believed their peers might have gamed the system a little bit. "You pull up some of them? It was a joke,'' one coach says. "I don't know how they made their number.''

Which leads to this question:
Does this schedule for 21-22 actually achieve this?
An NCAA unit is about 350k….ugh

Just a garbage schedule…I gave up my tix this year and glad I did.
HoopsAg
Now that we are approaching SEC play, it looks like Wisconsin #22 will be the only ranked team in NC that we will have played.

We've got some good opportunities in the SEC no doubt but Oregon St. is 1-8 and TCU, while 6-1 hasn't played a tough schedule and has a loss to Santa Clara.

It's going to be interesting to see how our SEC results shape up after this NC schedule.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.