Story Poster
Photo by Kirby Clarke, TexAgs
Texas A&M Basketball

Admon Gilder discusses his new video podcast, NCAA tourney memories

March 17, 2021

Key notes from Admon Gilder interview

• There will be a couple of summer leagues coming up, and I'm preparing myself for those opportunities right now.

• I've watched TexAgs over the years, and I thought if I could talk to Gabe and the media after games, I could do some stuff on social media. Then COVID-19 hit, and this generation started doing interviews and stuff like that because you couldn't see each other up close. I'm doing live interviews with anyone who has had a March Madness experience.

• I'm having a lot of fun with this interview series, and it's something that I can put down on my portfolio. Maybe something will come from it in the future. You can follow Admon’s interview series HERE.

• This is a unique year. I love Gonzaga, but I could be biased there. I also love that there are a whole lot of Texas schools in the tournament. I like Houston, and even though we don't like Baylor as Aggies, I want those schools to succeed because so many Texas kids play college basketball in this state. Texas Tech and Texas are having good years. Texas Southern is in the tournament as well.

• I think Gonzaga will win it all, but it would be fun to see them and Baylor — the two teams people have been talking about all year long — go deep into the tournament.

• Buzz Williams is rebuilding. He is coming into Dallas, and that's what Billy Kennedy did: Get the Dallas talent. I've gotten to see Manny Obaseki‍ up close, and I know he's going to be a great player for Buzz. It hasn't been a great year, but I know it's just a matter of time before Buzz gets it rolling.

• It was difficult having the tournament taken away from us last spring. We were so close, and one of the reasons I went to Gonzaga was to win a national championship. We won the WCC tournament, and we were clicking at the right time. We expected to be a #1 seed and were having fun. We were only six games away from a national championship, and having it snatched away from us was very disappointing.

• From the Northern Iowa comeback, I remember Kyle Dobbins (pictured below) on the bench going crazy after every possession. Getting all of that support from our teammates was incredible. I remember the leadership from Alex Caruso, Danuel House, and Toney Trocha-Morelos. Those seniors poured that into me as a freshman in a big-time moment.
Kirby Clarke, TexAgs
  • I was a freshman in the UNI game, so that sticks out to me. However, that North Carolina blowout sticks out because I always told people that Texas A&M could hang with those bluebloods, so to blow them out was special. That was one of the best games of my collegiate career at A&M. We were so connected from the night before and throughout the game. Everybody was locked in, and it showed.
Discussion from...

Admon Gilder discusses his new video podcast, NCAA tourney memories

3,011 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieTFA06
puff95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gig'em Admon...from an Aggie married to a Zag and living in Zag Country!!!!
wacarnolds
Matsui
AggieTFA06
AG
I remember going crazy when Admon stole the ball and made the game tying layup that allowed us to take UNI to overtime and eventually win. Too bad about his last season with Gonzaga.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.