Let's do some overreacting

5,730 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by somefatkid
jvanbeek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did our previous teams know abot the three or did we just get some random shots in previous years? ;
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
DukeMu
MIller
Flagg
Q
Gordon
Diarra

Starting 5. Players play.

Hefner off the bench for instant offense.
DeangeloVickers
AG
If you want to overreact go check out Kenpom...many guys best in the NATION in a category

wacarnolds
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

If you want to overreact go check out Kenpom...many guys best in the NATION in a category

Savion turned into Magic Johnson, leading the nation is assist %
greg.w.h
AG
jvanbeek said:

Did our previous teams know abot the three or did we just get some random shots in previous years? ;
I laughed. Pure accidents. I mean they chose to shoot...don't get me wrong!!!
TopoTacos
AG
If Q's shooting from deep is even just splitting the difference between the high of this game and his shot selection last year he can play his way into a draft spot.

He's crazy athletic and looked in control as one of our primary options.

Diarra and Hefner looked like they had gotten a full offseason under Buzz, especially with their defensive effort and feel. Between those two and our returners that's the most capable shooting roster we've had since Gilder-Hogg-Caruso-House.

We are going to be a top-5 conference team.
bingram1230
AG
I though the same thing on Robinson. I also liked his shooting form even though they didn't drop. Him and Diarra have length for days on the perimeter
greg.w.h
AG
Btw: kudos to Bob for sponsoring a fantastic thread. And to everyone else for bringing up details that really helped get me ready to watch basketball!!!

Kinda needed that! Though the UNO and DePaul (WBB) games both helped a lot!!
Method Man
Marfo looked like a poor man's Adu.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Marfo looked like a poor man's Adu.

Freddy?
mazag08
AG
greg.w.h said:

Btw: kudos to Bob for sponsoring a fantastic thread. And to everyone else for bringing up details that really helped get me ready to watch basketball!!!

Kinda needed that! Though the UNO and DePaul (WBB) games both helped a lot!!

Bob will luck into a good post every now and then.. when he takes off his 50 reed rowdies wrist bands.
bobinator
AG
I almost sacrificed an old Rowdies shirt today to wrap the baby in for photos but the wife liked another shirt better because it actually had A&M logos on it.
Conner4real
AG
TopoTacos said:

If Q's shooting from deep is even just splitting the difference between the high of this game and his shot selection last year he can play his way into a draft spot.

This is what I said after the game. If he can shoot 37-40% (big if) then he should be a 2nd rounder with how athletic he is. Would be a great pick up that can guard 1-3 in the NBA in that draft range I think.
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

I almost sacrificed an old Rowdies shirt today to wrap the baby in for photos but the wife liked another shirt better because it actually had A&M logos on it.
Put a pic up so we can ooo and aah like a buncha ole biddies!!!
FluAggie
AG
Was definitely more impressed overall than I expected to be. Shocked at our lack of preseason love in the polls and from the media.

Expected Marfo to be a major contributor from day one as an experienced transfer guy. I realize it is only one game but that was the only real red flag for me.
greg.w.h
AG
FluAggie said:

Was definitely more impressed overall than I expected to be. Shocked at our lack of preseason love in the polls and from the media.

Expected Marfo to be a major contributor from day one as an experienced transfer guy. I realize it is only one game but that was the only real red flag for me.
He's almost certainly more useful than the guy with the initials A.Y.
mazag08
AG
bobinator said:

Congrats on the little one. Our is 9 months.
bobinator
AG
Nice! belated congrats!
greg.w.h
AG
Two with mid-sleep opportunities to post!!!
Aggies1322
AG
I think Jaxson Robinson will be great. His length and stroke are a sweet combo. Get him in the weight room. He's a kid.
PhatMack19
AG
Hef is a better athlete than y'all are giving him credit for. He will dunk on some people this year and surprise you.

He is a capable shooter that will improve. That was the one thing I thought he needed to work on the most during the off-season to see playing time this year. In HS, he could get to the rim when he wanted, so he didn't have to shoot a lot of 3's.

He played at Nederland for a very good coach that beats a lot of more talented teams with his system. Hef will do well under Buzz staying within the game plan and playing smart and tough.
DTP02
AG
bobinator said:

They don't last forever, so use 'em or lose 'em. I had a "Standing Up for America" T-shirt I had never worn (bought two at the time, wore one at the game and kept one) which I was holding on to with the idea of being able to wear it after my first one wore out, but it had yellowed after 15 years or so at the bottom of a stack in a dark closet despite never being worn.
JJxvi
AG
GE
AG
I'm ready to overreact
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
I thought the offense would be better out of the gate this season. Considering it's year 2 in the system
MarcAg
AG
MarcAg said:

bobinator said:

Definitely agree there. I really like where we are at guard and wing. If Miller can defend the block I think this team has a chance to be pretty good.
Based on one game overreaction I think Aku and Marfo should get about 18 minutes (combined) on nights where we play teams with a ton of size.

Game changed tonight when we finally went without either of these guys on the court.
bobinator
AG
Yep, and Miller was really good.

Two game overreaction is that Flagg, Jackson and Miller are going to log a lot of minutes.
MarcAg
AG
For sure. And I'm ready to throw diarra to the fire and let him just learn on the job. Give him 30 minutes a game.
somefatkid
AG
bobinator said:

I still have my "we scream louder than your mom" reed rowdies shirt from 2000. I think we only made about 50 of those.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.