***2020-21 Random Games Thread***

10,311 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LawHall88
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
58-48 Spiders 6:07 left
bobinator
AG
The Cats can't shoot
BQ_90
AG
63-50 Spiders 4:14
bobinator
AG
Kentucky has a long way to go almost every season because of how young they are but they look awful today.
BQ_90
AG
Cal has the chin mask on. I'm sure the SEC will fine him for not wearing it correctly
BQ_90
AG
72-58 Spiders :38 left UK fouling
BQ_90
AG
Richmond Spiders win 76-64
12th Man Stan Account
AG
DukeMu
BQ_90 said:

https://tenor.com/view/shame-jerry-seinfeld-too-bad-thats-ashame-gif-12571290">Shame

BQ_90
AG
DukeMu said:

BQ_90 said:

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12571290" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.3333333333333333"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/shame-jerry-seinfeld-too-bad-thats-ashame-gif-12571290">Shame Jerry Seinfeld GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/shame-gifs">Shame GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Your link looked liked UK the last five minutes of the game
DukeMu
BQ_90 said:

DukeMu said:

BQ_90 said:

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12571290" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.3333333333333333"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/shame-jerry-seinfeld-too-bad-thats-ashame-gif-12571290">Shame Jerry Seinfeld GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/shame-gifs">Shame GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Your link looked liked UK the last five minutes of the game

$$ grubbing staph... Premium to upload images? lol
DukeMu

I'm going to get my $&^(#@%! money's worth in emoticons over the next week.
bobinator
AG
It's hard to keep up with when games are. Apparently the Maui invitational is right now. Texas is in a pretty good game with Davidson.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

It's hard to keep up with when games are. Apparently the Maui invitational is right now. Texas is in a pretty good game with Davidson.

Davidson defender didn't even try to alter the shot and Texas guy makes a nice reverse layup to win it
sdc177
AG
Bill Walton with the most cringeworthy commentary today - I hope he is never assigned to one of our games!
bobinator
AG
I didn't hear him today but Bill Walton is the great commentator on the planet as long as you don't care too much about the game.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

It's hard to keep up with when games are.

And where games are. Are they actually in Maui?
mikesyracuse1
wacarnolds said:

bobinator said:

It's hard to keep up with when games are.

And where games are. Are they actually in Maui?

They are in Asheville.
bobinator
AG
Texas just clobbering Indiana
Topher17
AG
Indiana offensively has been abysmal. Some of that is due to Texas' defense, but they don't even look like the same team that took the floor yesterday.
bobinator
AG
Kinda want to see what Texas vs North Carolina tomorrow would look like.

Pretty wild how good Baylor, Texas, Tech and Houston might all be at the same time.
Topher17
AG
I think Stanford has a shot here in this game, but that would not be near as entertaining of a final tomorrow as Texas/UNC would be.

It is wild to see how good each of those squads are all at once, but I'm not sure how sold I am on Tech to this point. And as for Texas I think they're looking great so far, but hard to fully buy in after their last few years. They're certainly far more talented this year, but I'm looking to see if they're consistent this season. They and the others shouldn't have an issue beating up on the bottom four/five of the Big 12 this season though. We will see what OSU ends up looking like.
Topher17
AG
That said, Tech will be like us in that they're only going to improve as the season goes on due to the quality of coaching.
bobinator
AG
I think right now it's mostly on faith in Chris Beard that Tech is going to get there. I don't think they're on the level of the other three to start the season but they're working in some new pieces.

Texas has been good in non-conference a couple of times and then ended up fading but I think they're built a little better to last this year.

One thing that I think is great about college hoops is that there are a lot of ways to put together a really good roster, and those teams are good examples of different ways to go about it.
Topher17
AG
I think we are on the same page regarding Tech/Texas.

Looking at other games, BYU sure is giving me pause today considering we have a common opponent and liking how we looked on Sunday. I realize UNO is not a good squad, but BYU was horrendous today.
bobinator
AG
UNO is terrible, but I wouldn't worry about it. Also Tarleton is probably even worse.
bobinator
AG
Cameron being empty is the first college hoops game that's struck me as bizarre.
bobinator
AG
I don't know if this Michigan State/Duke game is good, but it's close.
bobinator
AG
Kansas/Kentucky going to be interesting. A lot of new faces for both of these teams even by their standards.
Topher17
AG
It was a game, that was for sure.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, it happened... not the most inspiring 40 minutes I've ever seen
Topher17
AG
KU/UK... also a basketball game.
bobinator
AG
Kansas in this game looks a little like us in non-conference last year. A missed shot is actually a good possession because it means they didn't turn it over.
bobinator
AG
Illinois vs Baylor tomorrow is a rare good early season matchup that doesn't involve the traditional power teams.
bobinator
AG
Alabama and UNLV are tied at the half. A lot of folks were on Alabama this year for some reason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.