Jonathan Aku

12,804 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Class of 2020 C from McKinney. [EDIT] He reclassified to Class of 2019 and will be here for the fall semester.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's reclassified and will be on campus by the end of this month.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals150-center-jon-aku-commits-to-texas-a-m-reclassifies
LawHall88
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
So he will play this season?? This is great
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tobias Funke said:

So he will play this season??

Indeed
Pumpkinhead
AG
Wow, huge pickup!!
expresswrittenconsent
Pumpkinhead said:

Wow, huge pickup!!

Literally
Aston04
AG
This staff will not be outworked- great pickup!
BeeringAintEasy
AG
Wow - didn't see that coming! Much needed big man.
phorizt
based on the video and some other more recent pics I've seen of him he looks like a decently well built guy at this stage. Lean but not the 190 pound toothpick some are claiming. In fact other sites list him at 210, 220 and 240 pounds.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Welcome young man. Time to meet Mr Nutrition and Mr. strength training.
rosstradamas70
AG
phorizt said:

based on the video and some other more recent pics I've seen of him he looks like a decently well built guy at this stage. Lean but not the 190 pound toothpick some are claiming. In fact other sites list him at 210, 220 and 240 pounds.
Logan thinks he's between a buck ninety and two bills
ross skillman 70
Duck Sausage
AG
What great news. Love this added size, length and depth. Hated thinking about having to rely on Nebo alone.
EKG1996
AG
Awesome
atm0812
NumberEinAg
AG
Rivals lists him at 6' 10" and 220 lbs. His picture looks a lot more like 220 than 190. I think 190 is a mistake.
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Topher17
AG
Should be a valuable piece for the squad this year, if for nothing else than to add some depth. Still curious how the whole reclassifying thing works. I feel like we are starting to see it more and more in college hoops.
AggieEyes
AG
Buzz doing work. Great pickup!
Method Man
DukeMu
LawHall88 said:

Hell to the yes!
The Collective
AG
Buzz will not be outworked. I'm looking forward to that attitude permeating across the entire hoops program.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I don't particularly care for it, but every case is different.

What high school did he even go to? I've seen like four different places listed on the various websites.
Mikeyshooter
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I don't particularly care for it, but every case is different.

What high school did he even go to? I've seen like four different places listed on the various websites.

It's prob best to not do much research on this.
phorizt
He started HS in the US in 2015 so this would have been his 5th year of HS. The video of him in nigeria from that same year definitely doesnt look like a 13 year old either so he's probably 18 or 19 already. Most of these guys who reclassify aren't graduating early but just graduating on time once they get the opportunities they want.
_lefraud_
AG
Topher17 said:

Should be a valuable piece for the squad this year, if for nothing else than to add some depth. Still curious how the whole reclassifying thing works. I feel like we are starting to see it more and more in college hoops.
Most students only need 22 credits to graduate high school in Texas, and most students can earn 6-7 credits starting their Freshmen year. So once these coaches, handlers or even parents realize their kid only needs 2 or 3 credits for their entire Senior year (plus a SAT/ACT score), they can take Summer courses, or even double dip their Junior year to "reclassify". For instance, a kid make take both English III and IV for their "Junior" year.

In some states, the requirements are even less...
Hop
Staff
AG
My son will be a senior and he only needs 3 course credits to graduate and he hasn't done any summer school and he had a study hall period last year. It's easy for these kids to graduate early if they are motivated to take a summer class or two.
CactusThomas
AG
How's his 20' no jumper coming along?
halfastros81
AG
Chances for the Ags to compete in the SEC this yr just improved imo. Definitely needed another long player .
aggiejohn
AG
per his Instagram, Aku has been assigned a locker:

expresswrittenconsent
Very nice!
tsc57
Does this mean he is enrolled in school? I have not seen his name on a roster yet?
DukeMu
tsc57 said:

Does this mean he is enrolled in school? I have not seen his name on a roster yet?
F- for Buzz then.

HUGE pick-up. Literally.
PatAg
AG
Is he any good?
94chem
Hop said:

My son will be a senior and he only needs 3 course credits to graduate and he hasn't done any summer school and he had a study hall period last year. It's easy for these kids to graduate early if they are motivated to take a summer class or two.

And if school isn't that important. I mean, you'll never get Calc BC and AP lit, but then again, what does the college care? Pretty much like a mortgage company. Future doesn't matter as long as you can make the payments for 4 years.
LawHall88
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.