2020 Non-Conference

13,397 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mustang1
Mikeyshooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mustang1 said:

Adding Texas
Dec 8th in Fort Worth
Gap
AG
Ft. Worth.

Play it on the campuses and who cares who gets the first home game. I absolutely hate the neutral site decision. The season ticket holders and students deserve this game on campus if you care about long-term interest in the programs. It is hard to mess up playing Texas but we found a way.
greg.w.h
AG
Gap said:

Ft. Worth.

Play it on the campuses and who cares who gets the first home game. I absolutely hate the neutral site decision. The season ticket holders and students deserve this game on campus if you care about long-term interest in the programs. It is hard to mess up playing Texas but we found a way.

While I agree, playing in the inaugural year at the new Dickies Arena is intriguing.
Gap
AG
Why should I find Dickies Arena compelling? I don't think I would find any neutral site to be a good location even if it were the home of 1 of our 3 Texas NBA arenas. Our season ticket holders and students deserve this on campus.

I'm reading this game was also meant to be a partner piece to the Big 12 championship weekend for Longhorn fans. They assume to be there in Arlington playing Oklahoma again that weekend.
miller0926
AG
Gap said:

Why should I find Dickies Arena compelling? I don't think I would find any neutral site to be a good location even if it were the home of 1 of our 3 Texas NBA arenas. Our season ticket holders and students deserve this on campus.

I'm reading this game was also meant to be a partner piece to the Big 12 championship weekend for Longhorn fans. They assume to be there in Arlington playing Oklahoma again that weekend.

This is what people don't understand. It might've worked out better for them. With us not having a road game scheduled because of the Boston College debacle, it would make perfect sense to play them in Austin this year.

Everyone keeps saying their administration is being a bunch of babies for not agreeing to play in College Station first, how does it make us look then that we wouldn't agree to it either?
greg.w.h
AG
Fewer and fewer non-conf marquee games are true home and homes. The Stockyard continues to grow as a destination. We need visibility in Texas. We probably don't have a DFW trip likely this year.

I actually hope more Aggies show up than the other fans. I fundamentally agree with your other points, Gap, and agree that better games at Reed in non-conf is an adder to the value of the season tickets especially for BCS residents.
Mustang1
AG

game
Who told who??
game
West Point Aggie
AG
#Mke said:

wacarnolds said:

bobinator said:

Who cares about TCU or Oklahoma State.
TCU is a strong in-state program under Dixon. I'd care more about playing them than Oregon State or Arizona State or Minnesota or most of the other random OOC high-major games we've scheduled recently.
I'm with you there!!

Does anybody know why A&M doesn't schedule regional rivals that will put butts in the seats at Reed? Texas would be a sellout. Texas Tech would be pretty damn full. Baylor/TCU/UH/OU/OKST would all have good turnout compared to the other silly games we schedule. Why BC and not BU? This sorta stuff baffles me!!

A&M should strive to schedule OOC games with marquee programs not the baylors or former b12s of the world...yes traveling is easier but I'd rather see UNC or Michigan or UCLA come to A&M than the sips or whacoites. Sure it doesn't have the nostalgia factor so many of you clearly crave, but it would go a long way in helping create a b-ball brand which A&M is till trying to cultivate.

A&M vs bu: few outside east central Texas would care

A&M vs tu: a few more would care...big draw in Texas...not so much beyond (A&M v tu is not as big a rivalry outside the state...it just isn't)

A&M vs tech; about the same as bu (but a bigger draw in central and dusty flats out west)
gig them
AG
West Point Aggie said:

#Mke said:

wacarnolds said:

bobinator said:

Who cares about TCU or Oklahoma State.
TCU is a strong in-state program under Dixon. I'd care more about playing them than Oregon State or Arizona State or Minnesota or most of the other random OOC high-major games we've scheduled recently.
I'm with you there!!

Does anybody know why A&M doesn't schedule regional rivals that will put butts in the seats at Reed? Texas would be a sellout. Texas Tech would be pretty damn full. Baylor/TCU/UH/OU/OKST would all have good turnout compared to the other silly games we schedule. Why BC and not BU? This sorta stuff baffles me!!

A&M should strive to schedule OOC games with marquee programs not the baylors or former b12s of the world...yes traveling is easier but I'd rather see UNC or Michigan or UCLA come to A&M than the sips or whacoites. Sure it doesn't have the nostalgia factor so many of you clearly crave, but it would go a long way in helping create a b-ball brand which A&M is till trying to cultivate.

A&M vs bu: few outside east central Texas would care

A&M vs tu: a few more would care...big draw in Texas...not so much beyond (A&M v tu is not as big a rivalry outside the state...it just isn't)

A&M vs tech; about the same as bu (but a bigger draw in central and dusty flats out west)

Obviously the goal should be home-and-homes with the prestige programs of the CBB world... but that's probably not super realistic. And if you can't make that happen, games against regional D1 schools would put butts in seats and give people a reason to tune in prior to the New Year.

And personally... I could give af about national perception. We need to focus on our domestic perception first.
miller0926
AG
Don't know where the source was, but apparently we got Louisiana-Monroe coming to Reed on November 11th.

Scheduled dates so far:

• Monday, November 11th: Louisiana Monroe
  • Thursday, November 28th: Harvard
  • Friday, November 29th: Maryland/Temple
  • Sunday, December 1st: 3rd tourney game
  • Sunday, December 8th: vs. Texas (Fort Worth)
  • Saturday, December 21st: Oregon St.

Still got Gonzaga and Big 12 opponent tbd

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RXeS_A4oxTIjsm5efwX1xmlzkyQqKrnoWlb0IN3O73E/edit#gid=1810998462
TXAggie2011
AG
Gap said:

Ft. Worth.

I hope when the game comes around, more people remember that "oh yeah, this is fun" and we get more games in the series. I'm sure they'd end up on the campuses if this was going to be something longer term.

In other words, it's a start.

I'll be at the game. I'm looking forward to it.
Mustang1
AG
Updated original post to include OSU:

Mustang1
AG
So at least 3 decent name home games w/ Gonzaga, Oregon St, & Ok St.
bingram1230
AG
Please play Gonzaga at home on nov 15th before our home football game!! That will be amazing!
wacarnolds
AG
bingram1230 said:

Please play Gonzaga at home on nov 15th before our home football game!! That will be amazing!

We can honor Gilder at halftime on Kyle Field
bingram1230
gig them
AG
bingram1230 said:

That's a fantastic idea. And we literally played at Gonzaga on 11/15 last year, so it's not too early.

bingram1230
AG
It could be our first chance to show new excitement under Buzz at Reed
LawHall88
AG
Mustang1
AG
Pretty strong slate

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.