Luicci Update on Buzz Williams This Morning (April 1) on TexAgs Radio

12,412 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wacarnolds
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
- If you hear rumors out of Virginia Tech that Texas A&M is tapping the breaks on Buzz Williams because they are now kicking the tires on Chris Beard, that is a false rumor. Says Beard was certainly a candidate awhile back. But Texas A&M is no longer kicking any tires. All tires have been kicked and were kicked quite some time ago. Woodward is 'not a scrambler; he likes a lot of runway'. A&M has picked its guy.

- Expects that Buzz Williams' contract may settle around $4 million per year. Fully expects the deal with Buzz Williams to get finalized by mid this week. And considers it a top three hire all time in A&M football and basketball, ranks it only after the Jackie and Jimbo hires.

- Feels with Jimbo Fisher and Buzz Williams that A&M will have great fits in both football and basketball and should be good to go for quite some time in those sports.
MikesFamousJava
AG
Did he say anything about the timing of an announcement?
Pumpkinhead
AG
MikesFamousJava said:

FYI, went back and bolded that part of my post.
Tango_Mike
Pumpkin - You seem to be a great dude, but your edits-per-post ratio is mind boggling.
phorizt
I guess I'm gonna get to keep my kids.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Tango_Mike said:

Pumpkin - You seem to be a great dude, but your edits-per-post ratio is mind boggling.
Ha ha. It is a personality quirk, I'm a notorious editor/tinker of anything I write.

My step mom is actually a successful published novelist (I won't reveal who), but sometimes we talk and she tells me I ought to give writing a book a shot because she thinks I could maybe do that. But I could see myself taking a day or more to write a single page cause I'd be going back and back to every sentence. I'd maybe never finish it! I've watched her crank out several pages per day and about one new book per year like clockwork and yeah...I think instead I'd just be a poster child for 'writers block'.

Anyways, back to the point. I have an OCD there. If only TexAgs didn't have to put a NUMBER of edits I could hide this OCD. But nooooooooo.
NyAggie
AG
funny, but texags has been screaming for Buzz for years now.

looks like they got their man!
Double Diamond
Sorry the Beard thing is laughable. Fit. Beard isn't leaving Tech. But yeah Buzz is going to happen and that's great.
swc93
AG
Quote:

looks like WE got OUR man!
FIFY
Aston04
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Tango_Mike said:

Ha ha. It is a personality quirk, I'm a notorious editor/tinker of anything I write.

My step mom is actually a successful published novelist (I won't reveal who), but sometimes we talk and she tells me I ought to give writing a book a shot because she thinks I could maybe do that. But I could see myself taking a day or more to write a single page cause I'd be going back and back to every sentence. I'd maybe never finish it! I've watched her crank out several pages per day and about one new book per year like clockwork and yeah...I think instead I'd just be a poster child for 'writers block'.

Anyways, back to the point. I have an OCD there. If only TexAgs didn't have to put a NUMBER of edits I could hide this OCD. But nooooooooo.
I'm in the same boat. Part of my issue I think is when I read I skip over words. So when I quickly read what I had written it looks fine. Hit post and then the mistakes START (OCD fix) popping up.

Bigger problem is email. No edit on that. :/
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aston04 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Tango_Mike said:

I'm in the same boat. Part of my issue I think is when I read I skip over words. So when I quickly read what I had written it looks fine. Hit post and then the mistakes stop popping up.

Start*
Little Rock Ag
AG
April Fool's!!! Kennedy wasn't fired and will be back next season.
Bobcat-Ag
Tango_Mike
Little Rock Ag said:

April Fool's!!! Kennedy wasn't fired and will be back next season.
EKG1996
AG
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have heard our next coach's first name is Brent.
Aston04
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Aston04 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Tango_Mike said:

I'm in the same boat. Part of my issue I think is when I read I skip over words. So when I quickly read what I had written it looks fine. Hit post and then the mistakes stop popping up.

Start*
Boom- headshot!

Gonna fix it now!!!
Pumpkinhead
AG
BTW, here is the podcast of today's show where Luicci gives the update about Buzz Williams (that I tried to roughly summarize in my OP).

You'll want to go to April 1 Hour 3 and skip ahead to about the 14 minute mark to start the basketball/Buzz Williams part of the conversation, unless you want to hear Luicci's take on Motley Crue and Shane Lechler's retirement party.

http://www.zone1150.com/texags-radio/

One more thing that I didn't mention in my OP, in terms of other coaching candidates whom Woodward 'kicked the tires on' early in the process who were on his short list...Luicci said that definitely Chris Beard (Texas Tech) and Dana Altman (Oregon) were two that were contacted and vetted.

The Virginia Tech folks seem to be looking at Cronin of Cincy being targeted to replace Buzz.
wacarnolds
AG
MikesFamousJava said:

Thursday is Buzzday
94 Killer
AG
I'm not banking it until he's in college station wearing a maroon blazer and boots, and speaking into a microphone. Show me the money.
SA-AG72
AG
94 Killer said:

I'm not banking it until he's in college station wearing a maroon blazer and boots, and speaking into a microphone. Show me the money.

He already has the maroon blazer!
jakal0722
That Cronin hire could be good for VaTech as a replacement. Cincy was definitely a scrappy bunch but just couldn't get over the hill the past few years.
McInnis80
Yeah, but Buzz probably has a lot of burnt orange clothing also. Woodward had the Jimbo hire under control and I assume that he has the same process in the place for basketball.

AgsMnn
AG
SA-AG72 said:

94 Killer said:

He already has the maroon blazer!

What about a maroon vest?
mikesyracuse1
Tango_Mike said:

I asked Pumpkin about the edits a couple of years ago when he had 13 edits on three sentences.

Mikesyracuse1
fieldtrailer
AG
I wouldn't mind if they tried to go after Beard.
HoustonAg2106
AG
fieldtrailer said:

I wouldn't mind if they tried to go after Beard.

Sounds like they approached him a few weeks ago
agtrevino07
AG
Virginia's sports writer reporting Buzz has stepped down:

"Oh boy, reports are circulating that Buzz Williams has stepped down as Virginia Tech basketball coach. Has been rumored to be in the running at Texas A&M. @WAVY_News"

Also, a local VT forum reporting that Buzz notified the team ~8pm (eastern time). Horrible forum...very happy to have Texags forum.

Not a Bot
AG
If Buzz indeed informed the team I think we will be hearing from major media outlets confirming via sources. Right now it's trickles of random Twitter people.
Method Man
TLDR
Method Man
Quick someone follow everyone on their team's twitter.
TxAg76
AG
Insert creepy Jack Nicholson smiling and nodding head .gif here....
OKC~Ag
buzz...
TxAg76
AG
OKC~Ag said:

buzz...

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Pumpkinhead
AG
This is one of the main VT writer guys. That tweet a couple of posts above that Buzz informed his team looks suspect.

Method Man
The honorable Brent Zwerneman says Thursday as well.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.