*** NCAA Tournament - First Round - Thursday ****

12,611 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CFTXAG10
Steeple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Quicken Loans commercial has zoomed to the top of the Most Annoying list. And it is only Day 1 of the tourney.
BenFiasco14
AG
Auburn is just raining threes. Another bone headed pick by me for NMSU.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
bobinator
AG
I just don't get why. Are we also going to make up a bunch of stupid cheers that are just like what everyone else does? There's a place in basketball for some well timed yells, and the yells are unique.

It just seems odd to me to want to give up a unique tradition for no real reason. Yeah the yell leaders are weird sometimes, but weird is kind of our brand.
DeangeloVickers
AG
The Vermont (YMCA 35 year old REC champs) are hanging tough!
Olsen
AG
JJ Caldwell recently committed to this New Mexico State Aggies team earlier this year.
DeangeloVickers
AG
bobinator said:

I just don't get why. Are we also going to make up a bunch of stupid cheers that are just like what everyone else does? There's a place in basketball for some well timed yells, and the yells are unique.

It just seems odd to me to want to give up a unique tradition for no real reason. Yeah the yell leaders are weird sometimes, but weird is kind of our brand.
For no real reason? A former rival assistant coach said he would have a blast making recruiting materials that would say...which school would you rather go to? Picture of one of their cheerleaders and a picture of a yell leader.

When I go to away games, SEC Tourney, and NCAA games.....you wouldn't believe how many people ask....what the hell is going on with the milkmen...

So my reason is....remove yell leaders to improve our program....cause they ain't helping

At a football game (even away) I feel like there is zero weirdness...there is a large group and we our making are presence felt....people get it.

Basketball....Id argue it even hurts our atmosphere.....everyone be quiet so we can say Farmers Fight....we don't have an atmosphere for basketball....and yell leaders don't help....we need an identity....just like basetball where there is a definite advantage. We have an awesome student body....we need to make it fun...steal Arizona St's curtain idea....steal Cameron's ideas.....let the students create an environment
BQ_90
AG
I just know that until we have "two bits, four bits, six bits a dollar, all for the Aggies, stand up and holler" we will never be worth a damn in MBB.
Wicked Good Ag
Yell leaders are not even in the top 100 of our problems we have in the athletic departments and teams
RG20
Auburn trying to lose. LSU barely escapes...Geesh.
DeangeloVickers
AG
All 4 games within 5 pts
Tango_Mike
Vermont is up 1 on Florida State, 11 to play
bobinator
AG
No recruit has ever gone to another school because we have yell leaders and they have cheerleaders. And I've been to most of our tournament games and never heard anyone say anything negative about the yell leaders. Sometimes they want to know what's up with them because they're different, and then after explaining the tradition they usually get it.

Right now it probably hurts the atmosphere because trying to have organized yells when there's like 50 students there sounds ridiculous, but when there are actual crowds at games they can be extremely helpful to have people that the students are already used to looking at.

We don't need to steal everyone else's traditions when we already have some of our own, we just need to do a better job of coordinating.

I used to be on the "yell leaders at basketball are bad" bandwagon and so did a lot of other Rowdies officers, but when you actually try and create some new things at basketball you realize how helpful it is to already have that built in organization. It's incredibly easy to come up with and try new free throw distraction ideas and things like that.

I get the reasons people may not like them, but having been someone actively trying to create new basketball traditions and spread them around, I can absolutely guarantee they help a lot more than they hurt.
bobinator
AG
meanwhile Auburn is actively trying to lose
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Yeesh. Auburn having a bit of a meltdown.

Looks like there should have been a foul though.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Auburn in full meltdown mode
RG20
Officials are helping the cause...
bobinator
AG
Absolute rainbow
DeangeloVickers
AG
Reverse PJ Tucker

How can you not foul quickly there?
RG20
Auburn has dumb players
eb93
AG
Auburn bringing the full stupid.
All or none. FIDO.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Fouled out Harper can score without clock moving. wow
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
WTF was Harper thinking?!
bobinator
AG
This is unreal.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Big 3.
bobinator
AG
They're probably at least going to get a shot to send this to OT.
The Collective
AG
What a fun game
DeangeloVickers
AG
Belmont vs Maryland is as good as I expected gonna be fun
DeangeloVickers
AG
80% FT shooter is 0-3
RG20
What. A. Bunch. Of. Dumbasses
FriscoKid
AG
GO AGGIES
bobinator
AG
OH MY GOD
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
WHAT
DeangeloVickers
AG
The Aggie had a gimmie layup.....

But you think he's dumb....well maybe he knew Auburn was DUMBER and now get 3 FTs to win/tie
JJxvi
AG
what in the actual ****? Why pass out? Why foul that guy?
ClickClack
AG
wowowoww

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.