CAN Reed be renovated and transformed?

6,509 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cp09
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
As I said last week, put a winning team on the floor and you'll have 10-12000 butts in the seats for each game; remember the BCG era? There is nothing wrong with Reed.
Peace for Ukraine!
Artimus Gordon
Possible solution. Build a structure on the west end of reed butt up against and attached tothe building, move mechanics to the building in there. Use the area where the mechanics are now to have a bar/restaurant type atmosphere.

Take the tarp off the west side searing area and build temporary seating to close off that area.

Pull the baseline seats out closer to the goals and put the walkway behind those seats with ramps to get to concessions and restrooms for that level. Stop people from walking between the goals and the seating.

Anyway that's my two cents either save it or throw it in the wishing fountain!
jja79
AG
Yes we are.
95_Aggie
AG
Jolly Rolly was loud when we were winning and had great teams, but I also remember nights when it seemed like there were only 500 people there.
Captain Pablo
AG
95_Aggie said:

Jolly Rolly was loud when we were winning and had great teams, but I also remember nights when it seemed like there were only 500 people there.

That's no exaggeration

I went to a game against some tomato can opponent one cold, rainy Saturday afternoon and there were probably more FTAB people there than fans

Weather, opponent, empty stands, military band blaring John Phillip Souza marches

That absolutely had to be the worst game day atmosphere in the country at the time
West Point Aggie
AG
No milkmen at BB games would be a great start!
Let’s Go Brandon!
greg.w.h
AG
95_Aggie said:

Including in the spring of '80 though those games mostly had good turnout.
DukeMu
wtr1975 said:

Get the students back on courtside!

Houstonag
AG
Reed is fine. We have packed it when the team and coach were good. Until we perform there should be no talk of doing ANYTHING. Take care of the things that we are capable of doing. By the way suites and alcohol makes no practical or business test.
AggieDad74
Houstonag said:

Reed is fine. We have packed it when the team and coach were good. Until we perform there should be no talk of doing ANYTHING. Take care of the things that we are capable of doing. By the way suites and alcohol makes no practical or business test.

Reed was packed better when A&M was in the Big 12 than after they joined the SEC!

You could not hardly find a tu, OU, Baylor, or a Kansas ticket!
cp09
AG
Reed is what it is, it was built more for graduation/events then for basketball.

It isn't terrible now, but it will never be a great arena. It is adequate and a pretty good atmosphere when filled up though. The exterior is absolutely bad, and needs to look more like football/baseball/track/softball.

Having an on-campus arena built specifically for basketball where rudder is would be amazing, but I think that is a pipe dream. Best case to me is we can find a way to get the seating closer especially the student section, add some suites, sell alcohol, and get some aesthetic changes.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.