*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss*****

27,231 Views | 499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm selfish, but I'm glad I finally saw a win.
CapCityAg89
AG
MidTnAg said:

Outrebounded by Mississippi

I'm not sure. Three sources of stats and I get different totals - 2 have us leading by a couple. Only ESPN has them ahead - by 1. Weird difference.

Transition offense at the beginning of the 2nd half and free throw shooting the difference here. We killed them in the paint.
Hickory High
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Hickory High said:

txag72 said:

So I guess those previous years were a deception too? Which way is it?
Yep. SEC teams are known to be poorer shooting teams, and those teams just happen to make up a majority of our schedule. Add in the cupcake games, and you've got a very diluted, deceptive sample size.

Devil's advocate: what are you using as a basis that SEC teams are worse at shooting 3's?

Surely you aren't just using a hunch or raw 3-pt percentage.
Well I cant tell you we are

-250th in % of opponent points that are three-pointers

-108th in opponent made threes per game AND bottom 300 in opponent attempted threes per game, which means that teams aren't taking a lot of threes but are making a lot of the ones they do take
Rock1982
AG
Happy for this win!
jml2621
Hickory High said:

aggietony2010 said:

Hickory High said:

txag72 said:

Yep. SEC teams are known to be poorer shooting teams, and those teams just happen to make up a majority of our schedule. Add in the cupcake games, and you've got a very diluted, deceptive sample size.

Devil's advocate: what are you using as a basis that SEC teams are worse at shooting 3's?

-108th in opponent made threes per game AND bottom 300 in opponent attempted threes per game, which means that teams aren't taking a lot of threes but are making a lot of the ones they do take

BK teams don't take a lot of 3s and miss them. Historically we are a poor 3FG defender, because we hedge screens poorly and get sucked in by the dribble drive, leaving a man open on the perimeter.
cevans_40
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)
txag72 said:
They were 5 of 20 from 3.
cevans_40 said:

This was a pleasant surprise. Finally defending the 3, but getting outworked on the glass by a much smaller team and our lack of offensive identity is disturbing.
Ole Miss is one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country. Not much of a surprise.
We're one of the best 3 point defenses in the country. Not much of a surprise. What half of your cup is full?

Others did better work with the stats than I.
BenFiasco14
AG
I love how everyone feels the need to create their own thread
aggietony2010
AG
Hickory High said:

aggietony2010 said:

Hickory High said:

txag72 said:

We're actually:

118th in % of opponent points that are three pointers. (Not 250th)
247th in 3PA/FGA.
14th in 3pt FG defense.

You assert that we've faced weak 3 pt competition, but yet the teams we face are averaging 34.8% (about 150th in the country, average)

Teams average 5.7% below their average when they play us. In conference teams are shooting 0.75% better than they typically do. And that includes the abomination that was the Florida game (21.7% above their average).

I'm not going to claim that our 3 point defense is stifling. There are much better teams out there at guarding the three, and we do give up open attempts. But it isn't the Achilles heel that people are making it out to be. We're above average, not elite, at guarding the 3.

PatAg
AG
It really looked for a split second like this team was just snake bit
PatAg
AG
Hickory High said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)
txag72 said:
They were 5 of 20 from 3.
cevans_40 said:

This was a pleasant surprise. Finally defending the 3, but getting outworked on the glass by a much smaller team and our lack of offensive identity is disturbing.
Ole Miss is one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country. Not much of a surprise.
We're one of the best 3 point defenses in the country. Not much of a surprise. What half of your cup is full?
How many times do you have to be reminded that raw 3pt % defense is a deceptive stat?
This idiot still think Hogg is a garbage player. Not worth wasting your time with.
jml2621
CapCityAg89 said:

MidTnAg said:

Outrebounded by Mississippi

I'm not sure. Three sources of stats and I get different totals - 2 have us leading by a couple. Only ESPN has them ahead - by 1. Weird difference.

Transition offense at the beginning of the 2nd half and free throw shooting the difference here. We killed them in the paint.
kenpom had Ole Miss up 1 offensive rebound for the difference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.