*****Aggies vs. #10 West Virginia*****

52,414 Views | 654 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5:00 PM CST
Aggies vs. Mountaineers
Ramstein Air Base, Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
TV: ESPN
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast
Streaming: WatchESPN
Vepp
eag2412
Gil Renard
miller0926
AG
Lets do it!
BenFiasco14
AG
So in! BTHOcouchburners
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
GE
AG
I've never really thought about the psychology of couch burning. Do you guys think it's our of remorse for having diddled your sister on it or just plain vanilla West Virginian meth-fueled rage?
greg.w.h
AG
GE said:

I've never really thought about the psychology of couch burning. Do you guys think it's our of remorse for having diddled your sister on it or just plain vanilla West Virginian meth-fueled rage?

Guilty meth-fueled rage.
gougler08
AG
So this game starts at midnight local time? I wonder if that will have any impact
CactusThomas
AG
Hillbilly-Yankees. The worst of both worlds.
NE PA Ag
gougler08 said:

So this game starts at midnight local time? I wonder if that will have any impact
I agree, that seems odd. I guess people attending and staying to the end of the game will get back home at about 2:30AM or so (provided it only goes regulation).
tam2002
AG
I'm in
Know Your Enemy
AG
Can it be game time now?
swc93
AG
Today?

It is happening today?
BenFiasco14
AG
gougler08 said:

That is..... odd. I expect attendance to be abysmally bad
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
rsf0626
Who are the people sitting out in todays game? I remember some of the players are benched for a few games for violating team rules
Mikeyshooter
AG
It's being played on a US air base. I'm guessing they might be able to find a few troops and families to attend.
Olsen15
AG
Robert Williams, Admon Gilder &DJ Hogg are suspended for today for "violations of Texas A&M policy"

...whatever that means
Know Your Enemy
AG
aggie150 said:

Robert Williams, Admon Gilder &DJ Hogg are suspended for today for "violations of Texas A&M policy"

...whatever that means

It means you don't know what you're talking about.
bobinator
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

It's being played on a US air base. I'm guessing they might be able to find a few troops and families to attend.
Yeah, attendance will be fine. Hope we give 'em a show.
gougler08
AG
aggie150 said:

...whatever that means
Williams and Caldwell are out...Gilder and Hogg are back right?
CactusThomas
AG
Correct.
greg.w.h
AG
aggie150 said:

...whatever that means
I can't see the fire for all the smoke in the room?
mosesrab90
AG
We're over here with the team this week; the base is excited about the game tonight and expect the hangar to be full to the brim. We've also got a little treat for the servicemen and servicewomen in attendance tonight; should make the broadcast a lot more Aggie !
CactusThomas
AG
Flag yourself
GE
AG
mosesrab90 said:

We're over here with the team this week; the base is excited about the game tonight and expect the hangar to be full to the brim. We've also got a little treat for the servicemen and servicewomen in attendance tonight; should make the broadcast a lot more Aggie !
How'd you score that gig? Can we be friends?
CapCityAg89
AG
GE said:

mosesrab90 said:

How'd you score that gig? Can we be friends?

Oh, oh, me too!!

I've been waiting a long time it seems for the Official Lance thread! Gig'em y'all. BTHOWVU
mallen
AG
Who will primarily guard Jevon Carter? Gilder or Wilson/Starks?

In the WVU game last year, Carter had 19 and recently posted 37 in a scrimmage against Purdue. Admon posted a career high 24 points last year against WVU but also had 6 turnovers.

I think this game will come down to guard play. WVA will try to negate our frontcourt advantage by pressuring the guards and not allowing entry passes.
bobinator
AG
mallen said:

I think this game will come down to guard play. WVA will try to negate our frontcourt advantage by pressuring the guards and not allowing entry passes.
Won't every game come down to guard play for us?

GrayMatter
AG
I'm thinking Wilson will get the starting nod and the primary defender on Carter as well as the primary ball handler. Admon will play off the ball,but will be secondary ball handler when pressed. He'll defend against Carter when Wilson goes to the bench and Starks comes in.

But I'm guessing BK is going to tinker with the lineup and we might not see Wilson guard Carter all that much.

It's kind of weird because usually you'll see a team play a lot of players in the the first games of the season. However, this is a top 10 team and a "must win" so it will be interesting to see if we stick to a tight rotation or if we see a lot of substitutions.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
gougler08
AG
It's far a must win...would be really nice though
Inca
AG
Yeah, pretty sure the first game of the season is rarely a "must win." It would certainly be nice to win but I am not counting on it since we are missing JJ and Rob.

I will, however, count on there being numerous Fire BK threads at any point in the game that we are down more than 5 points.
PatAg
AG
Depends if we have no direction on offense and look clueless or not.

I'm expecting Hogg to go off once Caldwell starts playing
Method Man
Did anyone else get suspended?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Stationed there in1955-56 ! Harlem Globetrotters put on a show there - full house.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.