Williams needs another year here

6,489 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SACR
TOMMYGUNNER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He needs a jump shot before going to the NBA. And work on FTs. Both could be
much improved with lots of time in the gym this summer. I think he goes in the
second round this year. But could be in the top five next year and get twenty times
the money of a second rounder!
wacarnolds
AG
Post less
AWP 97
AG
And you think he learns to improve on his own? He certainly won't get quality coaching.
_lefraud_
AG
Thumbs up for day drinking
TyHolden
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Thumbs up for day drinking
its just drinking on st paddies day
TOMMYGUNNER
AG
WOW! You are Not the class of Aggies I went to college with!!!
Work on it!
AWP 97
AG
The class of Aggies I went to school with demanded excellence. We no longer do that in our athletic department. I'm not sure how I can help, but let me know. I'm glad to fire 20-40 people if you need me to.
jml2621
AWP 97 said:

The class of Aggies I went to school with demanded excellence. We no longer do that in our athletic department. I'm not sure how I can help, but let me know. I'm glad to fire 20-40 people if you need me to.

This. It's time for excellence and quality to return.

txag72
AG
Quote:

Work on it!
That was before the internet.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I really think it's a mistake that NBA players don't practice shooting. If someone were to start, I think they could really revolutionize the game.
SACR
AG
TOMMYGUNNER said:

He needs a jump shot before going to the NBA. And work on FTs. Both could be
much improved with lots of time in the gym this summer. I think he goes in the
second round this year.
But could be in the top five next year and get twenty times
the money of a second rounder!
Cocaine is a helluva drug!!
TangoMike
TOMMYGUNNER said:

Work on it!
online tokens are stupid, but you want me to believe that you took the time to sign up for that TMF token but not the AG token? I smell a rat
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
The OP is correct in that he doesn't/can't face the basket and create. A mid range shot and some creative potential would increase his value immensely. Dude is athletic , long, good speed up/ down court and quick on the jump. Hugh upside
GE
AG
AWP 97 said:

And you think he learns to improve on his own? He certainly won't get quality coaching.
What is your evidence that players don't develop here?
Method Man
GE said:

AWP 97 said:

What's your evidence that they do outside of improving because of more PT and experience.

The only thing I can think of is Jalen Jones developing a jumper.
Yell Practice
Double Diamond
If he is going top 12. No actually he doesn't doubt he ever goes higher. There will be another round of hot shot kids ahead of him next year.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Double Diamond said:

If he is going top 12. No actually he doesn't doubt he ever goes higher. There will be another round of hot shot kids ahead of him next year.

Not saying he should stay but who's to say the new round of hot shot kids will be ahead of him?
Double Diamond
Because It's how it typically works. Longer he stays more they will pick him apart.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Or maybe he develops a jump shot & some handles and becomes a top 3 pick. Truth is we don't know what will happen. I understand the money issue but there's a lot more to the decision than that, especially for a young kid from a small town.
StanGundy
The 2017 draft is one of the strongest in years. The 2018 draft has only 3-4 guys thought of as highly as this years crop. If RW improves at all he'll move up the board. If he doesn't he's still likely to be a lottery pick based on the same physical characteristics and potential he has now. His length and athletic ability will still be hot commodities.
DeangeloVickers
AG
When you don't have class and your job is basketball you can work even more on your game
Yell Practice
TopoTacos
AG
If he leaves this year he will be a late lottery pick just based on his athletic ability and potential. He has a decent shooting stroke, but needs some fine tuning and some more seasoning overall to contribute to an NBA team. Also this draft is going to be insanely deep.

If he were to come back I think he'd have a legitimate top-5 chance, but I'll never fault a guy for pursuing an opportunity to make millions.
Oilfield Aggie12
If he's a projected lottery pick, then there's no way he comes back. He could come back and have a terrible year or injure himself. Smart decision would be going to draft and I wouldn't blame him one bit. I would do the same thing.
Hickory High
AG
Make a list of college basketball players who came back to college to improve their draft stock and actually ended up improving it. I'll make a list of the ones who came back and made it worse.

Bet mine is significantly longer.

The longer you stay in college, the longer scouts and media have to scrutinize you on every little flaw you have.
Hop
Staff
AG
Method Man said:

GE said:

AWP 97 said:

What's your evidence that they do outside of improving because of more PT and experience.

The only thing I can think of is Jalen Jones developing a jumper.

You mean other than the subject of the OP?
Method Man
I don't see any difference in skills. Basically the same player. He doesn't have a post game, isn't a good shooter, doesn't box out. I'm sure he's improved on some intangibles, but I don't see anyone that different than he was against UCLA.
jml2621
StanGundy said:

The 2017 draft is one of the strongest in years. The 2018 draft has only 3-4 guys thought of as highly as this years crop. If RW improves at all he'll move up the board. If he doesn't he's still likely to be a lottery pick based on the same physical characteristics and potential he has now. His length and athletic ability will still be hot commodities.

Correct. I like RW even better than Thon next year - Top 3 for sure.
jml2621
Method Man said:

I don't see any difference in skills. Basically the same player. He doesn't have a post game, isn't a good shooter, doesn't box out. I'm sure he's improved on some intangibles, but I don't see anyone that different than he was against UCLA.

I saw RW improving every game...not his shooting per se, but where to place himself on the floor. I'd expect a Huge jump in his Soph season.

This is a personal choice. Make more $$ in per year, avoid the bus to Boise and the NBADL...or take some ca$h now. I don't think it's a bad move to remain and mature another year - they'll take out an insurance policy.

jml2621
Hickory High said:

Make a list of college basketball players who came back to college to improve their draft stock and actually ended up improving it. I'll make a list of the ones who came back and made it worse.

Bet mine is significantly longer.

The longer you stay in college, the longer scouts and media have to scrutinize you on every little flaw you have.

Those who worsened their draft status: Any Top 30 at UNC.

All three Plumlees improved their draft status at Duke. All very athletic. Had virtually no skills when they were fish.

Hickory High
AG
I mean players that were projected to get drafted but came back. Plenty of guys improve, but not many guys on draft radars improve their stock with another year.
StanGundy
Name some certain lottery picks who came back Hickory.
Hickory High
AG
Just off the top of my head, I can think of James McAdoo, Ben Simmons (could've just stayed in Australia an extra year), Alex Poythres, the Harrison twins, probably Justin Jackson, and Perry Jones.
TangoMike
Hickory High said:

Just off the top of my head, I can think of James McAdoo, Ben Simmons (could've just stayed in Australia an extra year), Alex Poythres, the Harrison twins, probably Justin Jackson, and Perry Jones.

A couple of weeks ago I made a list of about 20 dudes whose stock dropped after coming back. I also made a list of about 10 dudes who were drafted on potential but would have dropped after teams figured out they had no skill (Tyreke Evans, Stromile Swift, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph). I agree with your position 100%, but for some reason people think coming back always improves draft position. Probably because we have a school full of people who think everything runs like football.

John Wallace is crying in his beer somewhere
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.