Pat Forde: Washington gives Romar another year; Mark Fox's future is in doubt

3,788 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TangoMike
GatorAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haha, thanks I guess. So disappointing
GatorAg03
AG
Those issues aren't really separated in my eyes. Regardless of who exactly is the main puppet master, the A&M decision makers (and AD is definitely one of them) are doing a terrible job.

Plus if you aren't transparent to your fans on who is responsible, then expect the focus to be on all leaders and not a specific individual.
jml2621
nm
jml2621
Method Man said:

TheMarksMen said:

Wow didn't realize it's been 6 years since UW made the tourney...there's been some talent to come out of there

That's the AD we hired. This dude won't fire anyone.

Patience.
jml2621
Tribe2013 said:

jml2621 said:

free_mhayden said:

To be fair regarding Woodward/Romar:

Romar was hired and had great success under previous ADs.

The AD before Woodward gave him an extension that went through his (Woodwards) tenure at Washington.

Basically Woodward doens't deserve any credit for the good Romar did, but he also doesn't deserve any blame for him being allowed to hang around -- neither were really his decisions.
Correct.
That's already been proven incorrect, in this very thread
2010 (although consistently great he was not, even as their most successful coach)

Woodward extended the extension.

I would agree he deserves *some* of the blame.

Patience.
TangoMike
bobinator said:

I think we need to vote and decide if we're blaming the AD for everything bad that happens or if we're going with him being a powerless puppet of the BMAs and blaming them for everything. Can't be both right?

Those things are not mutually exclusive. Woodward was hired to be a useless lapdog. He is paid 7 figures to be willing to not do his job so the money can make decisions for him
TangoMike
jml2621 said:

Tribe2013 said:

jml2621 said:

free_mhayden said:

To be fair regarding Woodward/Romar:

Romar was hired and had great success under previous ADs.

The AD before Woodward gave him an extension that went through his (Woodwards) tenure at Washington.

Basically Woodward doens't deserve any credit for the good Romar did, but he also doesn't deserve any blame for him being allowed to hang around -- neither were really his decisions.
Correct.
That's already been proven incorrect, in this very thread
2010 (although consistently great he was not, even as their most successful coach)

Woodward extended the extension.

I would agree he deserves *some* of the blame.

Patience.

Patience for what? Woodward isn't going to magically change who he has been for 10 years. I'll be you $1 that he changes out less coaches than Hyman did (which was the one coach that left voluntarily for Texas)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.